The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Post by Cleo Patra »

Phil Hoeflich wrote:BUT, per Cleo's rules, I will only nominate one...Louise Bayou.
You can nominate as many people as you like :D People who get multiple nominations will only go in the draw for the horse once though. So Bay has been nominated a few times now but her name will only go in the hat once, if that makes sense?
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Mike Larson
Derby Contender

Post by Mike Larson »

I'd like to thank the Academy. I'm kidding.. I'm kidding.

There are so many great people here that it would be difficult to single out only one individual. The most influential person has to be my big brother, Glenn. His enthusiasm is so infectious how could anyone not have as much fun as I am having. There are several contributors but if Glenn didn't pull me in I wouldn't be writing this nomination today. Thanks Bro'.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I nominate Rebecca Rose Hepburn. Every time I geld a horse I don't want too, it's generally because I know Rebecca Rose Hepburn would say it was a good idea (and she's right!). On a more personal note, from one lovely day at Santa Anita I know Rebecca is one of the sweetest people to play this game!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Alright i think i got everyone... this is gunna be a long list... but I nominate Fanta Arcadia, Sten Rino Haakonsen, Kris Rain, Chris Gladden, Chris Racine, Larry Christenson, Lyssee Hoppie, Jack Meyer, Garret Folsom, and Johanna Stk.

Alright, here goes:
Fanta Arcadia has been a good friend of mine in the SIM for a very long time now, i think it's been 2 or 3 years now. She's been very nice, always helpful, supportive and giving. I feel that she deserves a big time horse for everything she's done.

Sten Rino Haakonsen has always been very nice and seems like he puts a lot of time and effort into the SIM, but that random injury bug doesn't give him a break. He's always been a very dedicated player who got his breakthrough horse last year in Roasted, though he seems to be slowing down a little bit this year compared to last year. Plus i feel Sten has earned more than just one great racehorse, one that he can breed too, since Roasted is a gelding.

Kris Rain is another good friend of mine for a very very long time over 3 years. She's always giving, never taking. She's always been helpful, supportive and kind. Kris has helped me out a great deal over the years, kinda like a mentor. Like Fanta, I fell she deserves a great horse for everything she's done for me.

Chris Gladden, Chris Racine, Larry Christenson and Lyssee Hoppie I have the same reason for all of them, they are dedicated newer players that haven't yet had a good horse. All of them deserve a big horse to kick start their stables and allow them to climb the SIM ranks.

Jack Meyer is a great player, i saw a few people have nominated him already so i'll make this short. Jack is a great, dedicated, positive, helpful player who deserves a big horse for those reasons.

Garret Folsom and Johanna Stk both have been in the SIM for a while now, but neither have had that first big, breakthrough horse. Both are kind, dedicated and deserve that one big horse that opens a lot of doors for them.
Last edited by Jo Ferris 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tyler Anthony
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Tyler Anthony »

Jeff Cashall is my nominee, he has helped me with my favourite division (QH) by giving me free foals, mare leases and good 1 year olds.

And my second nominee is EVERYONE ELSE except Darren Rook. No let's not be nasty
If winning isn't everything, then why do we keep score? - Vince Lombardi
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

I'd like to nominate to awesome people Laura Cameron, Brian Leavitt, Karie McBrian and Gigi Gofaster. Laura Cameron might not be the most vocal on the SIM, but she's always been there to listen to me ramble and is quick to send off her excess mixers to new players. Brian has ran a many handicapping contests and is an all around nice guy. Karie has become a great friend since meeting her, she also isn't social on the SIM but she's quick to help new players with horses and advice. She's been a great mentor to my friend who just started playing last month. And Gigi has gone from new player to a major fixture of the SIM in the short time she's been here. It will be a happy day when I can say I've finally met all of them in person. Laura you really need a vacation to Kentucky!
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Carolyn Eaton is not related to me! I nominate her because of how awesome she is. She demonstrates such grace in all her involvement in the sim. She has created the texas bred program and the new player mentor program which was earlier noted by another sim player. The Texas bred program gives opportunity for others to make some easy money, also the new player mentor program was wonderful. She takes such time to pair up people and make sure the program runs smoothly. I can't imagine how many new players have evolved through the program. Currently I still keep in touch with the person I was paired with and she even helps me if she can. I would also like to mention that I never get random messages just to say hi or anything, but Carolyn has done that. On holidays I get cards in my inbox from her on my birthday she gives me game points! Shes a blessing to have in the sim. I do not communicate with her as much as I would like and this horse raced by her would make me smile. You know the horse would really be in great hands with a great trainer who would be grateful to have her.

A second thing I would like to mention to demonstrate the respect I have for Carolyn is that I had done a foal swap with Carolyn to get the resulting foal names Flightful. I would have yearly sales which I would put everything on the sales page for a value that I felt would be the value I would let the horses go at. Flightful I thought I had priced so she would not sell and I could keep her but the Steward saw her breeding and paid full value to get her. The Steward knew Carolyn was a good trainer and knew the family well and let her train the horse. Carolyn instantly messaged me and let me know that the Steward asked her to train the filly and if it was okay with me. Such a class act.

Carolyn deserves the best for all she does in the community and the grace she has. An all around A performer should have the all around A filly.

Thank you

Mike Eaton
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

There are several people I want to nominate or second prior nominations.
First, my brother Mike. We talk at least once a day and text all day, always about the SIM. He keeps me amused, focused and optimistic.
He has shared his humor with the SIM through his writing and I know he entertained a lot of players with those articles.

Second, Regina Moore is/was my mentor and has been extraordinarily generous with her time and knowledge. She is well known for her work in passing along her experience for the benefit of the entire SIM.

Several others made me feel welcome and part of the SIM. Pete Vella, Izzy Rafferty, Landon Alexander and Talia Ichinari have all shared their insight with me and I have appreciated their input. Donald Fisher wasn't my mentor, but took me under his wing with advice and cheap racehorses.

I would have included Jack Meyer if he hadn't quit writing about the races at Junior High...
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

I nominate Hope Bentley and Stormy peak, both have helped me and hope has even helped me get some breedings I wanted in the past but couldn't afford at the time. honestly can I just nominate the entire sim community? I pretty much like everyone here lol.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Okay....this list is going to be a little long but they all deserve this nomination...

I'd like to nominate Pete Vella because he has always been there for me when I am just feeling down about anything, SIM related or not, he is a great guy who has climbed the ranks of the SIM lightning quick and truly is hungry to be the best...he may not know it but he helped me out just as much as I helped him...

I'd like to nominate Sten Rino because he was one of the first newbs of that next group that really cared and listened to everyone trying to help him....He too has grown so fast in the SIM and has gone on to help so many people with the stories he has about his experiences...

I'd like to nominate Garret Folsom because he just continues to give and give back to the SIM, I know he remembers where he started and continues to pay it forward...

I'd like to nominate Larry "Flippin Newb" Christenson because he is always willing to jump in and help anyone who asks for help whether in chat of on the forum, he is another hungry newb looking for success...

I'd like to nominate Nini Hunter because she was the very first player to offer to help a struggling new player who was in dire need of SIM cash because he hurt all of his horses because he didn't know what he was doing...She bought a horse from me for a certain amount of SIM money to get me back on my feet, if not for that generous act, I would not be here because I was about to give up on the game...I'm always grateful..

I'd like to nominate Art Vandalay and Izzy Rafferty because they were the first two players to get me going with Silks (Art) and a week of SIMperior (Izzy)...thank you both very much

I'd like to nominate Louise Bayou because she leased, and even gifted, several mixer horses to me to start my breeding band way back when, those mares are still some of the better ones I've used in the SIM...I'd also like to step on her feet for getting me hooked on SIM horses, it is because of her I have a billion horses in my barn...

I'd like to nominate Lee Cara for lending me AW horses to get me going in that division, I hope Lee understands that if it wasn't for those gifts I would not have delved into that division, and I thank you for your kindness...

I'd like to nominate Jeff Cashell...Where do I start here, he is one of the kindest players in the SIM who truly wants to help new players get started with mixed breeds...He let me race several of his better horses in order to keep me afloat in the game, and has helped with my breeding addcition by giving me a discount here and there for a couple of his sires....He is really one of the better in the game IMO

I'd like to nominate Landon Alexander, she is so very nice to everyone and takes newbs under her wing to guide them in the right direction in mixed breeds...she is so giving making sure whoever wants to take part in mixers has horses to get started, and like Jeff, she truly loves helping newbs...

I'd like to nominate Jon Snyder for being so helpful when i need someone to help me, he helps in any way possible by lowering SF's ona sire to get you out of a bind, or doing trades to work out some sort of deal....he is another hungry newb who will be in the game for a long time...

I'd like to nominate the one and only Nalbone because he was so kind giving a struggling newb who needed a few decent horses to get started the chance to get some of his classy babies at a discounted price to help me out...thanks Eric....

I'd like to nominate Steph Lohnro and Susan Gorse for the kind act of gifting me my first two Stewie bred babies way back when I first started, I had no clue who the horses were, but it was acts like that that kept me going in the game...

I'd like to nominate that Glenn Larson guy for always being happy and friendly to everyone he meets....I've literally never seen him get upset with anyone, and he is very ferocious on the track....I hate racing his horses..they share tips with Vandalay's babies....flippin newbs

Thank you everyone....if I forgot someone I am truly sorry....

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

I knew I forgot someone.....

I'd like to nominate Jo Ferris for giving me all the advice on the Paint breed that I am very new to....I had no clue on what to look for, and Jo set me up with a few mare leases and plenty of tips to get me going....Thank you Jo

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I'd like to nominate Bob Oliva. He got me into the sim, and gifted me several horses which I promptly sold, having no idea what I was doing :-)

Also, I'd like to nominate Sarah Chase. She gave me a very nice turf router filly early on, that is now one of my foundation mares.

Thanks Brad T.D. and Pepper for the kind words.
Dave Mackay1
Classic Contender

Post by Dave Mackay1 »

I would like to nominate a few players,firstly Kevin hern for some kind words of encouragement and support , Rob Canterbury for keeping my bank balance in the black and for the great job he did with genuine socks the best horse I've ever bred.last but not least T.D Palm for not allowing himself to be beaten and persevering when his back was against the wall .
Johanna Stk
Eclipse Champion

Post by Johanna Stk »

I want to nominate Jo Ferris, Regina Moore and Chris Simpson.

Jo Ferris because she is a nice player and she has started the paint lease program, giving people the opportunity to get into paints.

Regina Moore because of her articles and her good atitude. She makes the Sim a good place to be.

Chris Simpson helped me out in Y37 with cash and some nice horses. Without him I wouldn't be playing the Sim.
Skam den som ger sig!
Larry Christenson
Miler

Post by Larry Christenson »

You know? Trying to nominate just one person who hasn't already been mentioned
is a chore and a half.

Jack Meyer would have been my first choice with Regina a close second. Then it gets
entirely too complicated because there are so many wonderfully helpful folks in the sim.

How can I forget people like Izzy Rafferty and Anthony Name, and Sten the Norwegian
Dude for gifting me El Gallito who won me lot's of cash. haha

Cleo, don't you have enough GREAT horses to just pass one out to all? LOL
You are really awesome for offering this contest and I look forward to seeing you in
chat each race night.
Is it just me, or my horses? It's me AND my horses ... Thanks Willie