The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I'm also going to throw in nominations for Michelle Calderoni, Pete Vella, Karl Smythe, Nick Gilmore, Jon Xett, Meghan Mandi and Rebecca Rose Hepburn. I have no idea if these folks are already on the list (though I suspect they are). All of them have always been encouraging, fair in their dealings with others, and generally are always wonderful people to interact with. I'm sure I've missed someone that I've interacted with in the past that I just adore, and I apologize to them!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Josh Lamp wrote:I made this list, that should abolish this contest.
HAHAHAHAHA You're just mad because someone said you're nice! :twisted:
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Xander Zone is one of the most frustrating people I've ever met. He's outrageous, opinionated and a general disturber of the peace.

He is also generous with his horses and his time. I'm sure there aren't too many Canadians left who haven't had a free breeding (or 10) to at least one of his studs, including Delorean! For myself, he's gifted me mares he knew I liked and gone over race records of the odd stray.

I enjoyed our last chat, informative, as always!
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

I don't know if it's possible but I would lime to nominate two people.

Karl Smyth

He had always looked out for me no matter what.when i was ready to toss it in just a couple of weeks ago becausE my barn was disappointing he sent me 75 horses to try and make it better.He always has kind words to say and always the one to count on.when I needed mares to breed he sent them.He ous my best friend on here and I think he deserves to be honored.

Jo Ferris

What can o say a heart made of gold and a real true friend she gifted me find guns and beer headshot she always been there and she always has a kind word to say
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Whew... I've just finished collecting the nominations that have been made so far. There are 82!! of them. I've done my best and I really hope I haven't missed anyone. Please let me know if I did.

Abe Froman
Alex Puderbaugh
Ali Weasley
Andy Gol
Anthony Name
Art Vandelay
Ashley Gibson
Bill Outsilver
Bob Oliva
Bradley Davis
Brandon McNulty
Brian Leavitt
Brianna McKenzie
Bryan Doolittle
Carole Hanson
Carolyn Eaton
Chris Gladden
Chris Racine
Chris Simpson
Danny Derby
Dave Mackay
Donald Fisher
Emma Lochran
Eric Nalbone
Fanta Arcadia
Fogell McLovin
Garret Folsom
Gigi Gofaster
Glenn Larson
Hope Bentley
Izzy Rafferty
Jack Meyer
Jeb Clampett
Jeff Cashell
Jo Ferris
Johanna Stk
John Slotmon
Jolene Danner
Jon Snyder
Jon Xett
Josh Lamp
Karie McBrian
Karl Smythe
Kevin Hern
Kris Bobby
Kris Rain
Landon Alexander
Larry Christenson
Laura Cameron
Laura Ferguson
Lee Cara
Leo Beagle
Lisa Strummer
Louise Bayou
Lyssee Hoppie
Mary Whalen
Meghan Mandi
Michelle Calderoni
Mike Eaton
Mike Larson
Nena Olsen
Nick Gilmore
Nikki Everdeen
Nini Hunter
Norman Architecture
Pete Vella
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Regina Moore
Rob Canterbury
Rocki Ryoliza
Ronnie Dee
Sarah Chase
Scott Eiland
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Steph Lohnro
Stephen Saratoga
Stormy Peak
Susan Gorse
T.D Palm
Talia Ichinari
Vanessa Handley
Xander Zone
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I have some more for the list!
I believe someone already nominated Tammy Stawicki, but just in case I will nominate her again. Tammy is awesome. She does the real-life Derby podcast every year with Scott, she's always running discounts/promotions/contests with her studs, she tried to chase down a tram for me at the BC when I was walking on a cane, and she's just a really awesome and considerate friend. Plus her animals are cute!

I would also like to nominate Katy Turner for being an all around awesome person. Katy has a habit of offering me leases to her good broodmares for free. She's also an awesome friend and we can talk about all kinds of random stuff that would bore other people. Plus she invented the Vince's Paper Towel Machine Dance and that alone deserves a nomination.

I'm also going to nominate Mike Springer for daring to come to the track and meet fellow Simsters. He's a super nice guy! Plus his silks have bowties on them and everybody knows bowties are cool.

Jeffery Kowitzke also deserves a nomination for coming onto the forum and nominating other people even if he is a lurker. Plus I got a big kick out of him nominating me without knowing my name, it made me chuckle. So his name should be in the hat too.

And lastly, I don't see Erin Sanderson's name on the list which is a total oversight. Erin is one of the nicest people on the Sim. I know she gave away a filly from Fancy Her Kiss out of the kindness of her heart, you don't see many people doing that. Plus she's now a co-host of Scott's podcast and as such deserves recognition!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Lethal Prodigy
Miler

Post by Lethal Prodigy »

I would like to nominate Nini Hunter for the help she has given me, Karl Smythe for giving me horses along with free mare leases, Luis Polar for randomly contacting me after I outbid him for a mare to offer me a free breeding to Maelstrom and Doug Kidwell for giving me some free mares after turning down my offer to purchase to buy one.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I knew i forgot someone! I'd like to nominate Jennifer Francis. She's a true friend, always kind, helpful and supportive.
Jennifer Francis wrote:Jo Ferris

What can o say a heart made of gold and a real true friend she gifted me find guns and beer headshot she always been there and she always has a kind word to say
Thank you for the kind words Jennifer :)
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I'm nominating Tim Matthews. Yes, he's my son, but he deserves it. He's friendly, thoughtful, and helpful, and I'm very proud of him!

Most of you don't know this, but in the past 2 years, he's had some challenging health issues. He's persevered, we believe he's turned the corner, and he's ready to graduate high school this year! (reality check for those of you who were on the sim when he and I started 7 years ago, when he was 10 YEARS OLD!!)
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

A nomination for Luis Polar, if for no other reason than his touching eulogy of another Simster whom we lost all too soon a couple of years ago. It was a heartfelt and well-written piece which really stuck with me for quite some time. I've just gone back and read it again, enjoying it just as much as I did the first time.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I'm late to the party and I agree with everyone in the pool already; there are so very many special people in the game.

I'm throwing in my nominations, even tho' they're already in there.

Lee Car - My mentor who put up with questions, gifted me with some excellent money earners when I was first starting out and who will always give me advice when I ask for it.

Leonard Beagle - always kind, always helpful to everyone. I rec'd my silks from Leonard as a gift, and besides, who doesn't love a Beagle! :)

Anthony Name - will always jump in to help and offered me several mares to breed to my first standing stallion.

Laura Ferguson - kind enough to offer good, sound advice when I need it, plus all the other wonderful things she does.

So many - Erin Sanderson, Stormy Peak, Jo Ferris, Steph Lohro, Bill Outsilver, Xander, Jon Xett, Louise and the list goes on and on and on.

Thanks for making the game a fun place to be!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Bradley Davis wrote:A nomination for Luis Polar, if for no other reason than his touching eulogy of another Simster whom we lost all too soon a couple of years ago. It was a heartfelt and well-written piece which really stuck with me for quite some time. I've just gone back and read it again, enjoying it just as much as I did the first time.

YES.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Izzy Rafferty
Miler

Post by Izzy Rafferty »

I would like to nominate a couple people I don’t see on the list that deserve the recognition far more than I do.

Kenzie Larkin needs a nomination because she puts up with my craziness at all times and I consider her a very very good friend beyond the SIM. Plus she does a ton of good stuff for the SIM behind the scenes. :)

Patrick O'Malley also needs a nomination for so many reasons. He was a huge influence on me when I started the SIM and I attribute much of my game play style to him. He was so patient with me chattering his ear off pretty much daily for a long long time and the one the best feelings ever was when he started asking me about my opinion on SIM stuff because I truly hold him in an extremely high regard.

Good luck to everyone!

Izzy

:)
[Jon Xett] it's not the horses that are real, it's the tears
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I'd like to nominate Alysse Peverell. She helped me out when I started by giving me some horses and is always willing to discuss Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey and bacon.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I'm going to nominate three more people even though they're already on the list.

Rocki Ryoliza is one of my best buds. We frequently text each other, and I can always count on her, whether if it involves my personal life or the sim. She gives me advice about turf routers, which is the one division that I lack in. She is awesome, and always makes threads funnier with her gifing skills. I know she always has my back.

Louise Bayou helped me out the most when I was a newbie. She always answered my questions, gave me mares to breed, free breedings to her stallions, well bred fillies to jumpstart my broodmare band, helped me in my race placing, etc. She is a big reason why I didn't quit the sim, and I know that I can still always go to her for opinions. She's always been a really kind person, and I had the pleasure of meeting her at the Belmont stakes!

Danny Derby helped me out a lot also when I was new. He still always gives me a second opinion whenever I'm having trouble placing or breeding a horse. He's also a big reason I bought a mare called Passem Dirty, whose first son Chasing the Light became the first horse to take me to a Steward's Cup race and win me my first G1. Danny also let me breed a foal from his mare Fictionelle a few years back, and the resulting colt is now currently a dual G1 winner!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"