The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Re: The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

My nomination goes to Bill Outsilver. On top of being a super generous person in real life, he got me started in the Sim and has given me numerous horses, free breedings, advice and GP to try and help me get over the hump.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

My nomination goes to Bill Outsilver. On top of being a super generous person in real life, he got me started in the Sim and has given me numerous horses, free breedings, advice and GP to try and help me get over the hump.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Thank you Jack and Johanna for the kind words, it makes my day to know that i've been helpful to the both of you :)
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

Dave Mackay wrote:I would like to nominate a few players, firstly Kevin Hern for some kind words of encouragement and support.
Yes, I'll second that nomination. Whether by design or not, I got a handful of nice horses from Kevin's castoffs when I was fairly new to the game. I don't know Kevin personally, but I think that if I did, I'd be following him around most of the time to see if dollar bills fall out of his pockets on a regular basis.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Bradley Davis wrote:
Dave Mackay wrote:I would like to nominate a few players, firstly Kevin Hern for some kind words of encouragement and support.
Yes, I'll second that nomination. Whether by design or not, I got a handful of nice horses from Kevin's castoffs when I was fairly new to the game. I don't know Kevin personally, but I think that if I did, I'd be following him around most of the time to see if dollar bills fall out of his pockets on a regular basis.
I third this! He gave me my first big horse who then gave me another big horse. The start of my turf router obsession!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I nominate Mike Eaton...i know right?

Last night I stumbled onto the old Simvivor threads and I couldn't help but be amazed at his hard work. He brought so many players together in his game and we needed someone like that without knowing it. I got to meet Fanta, Iggy, Gigi, and these were players I've fallen out of touch with, but at the time we built the best bonds because we were unified to either kick each other off or had to work together.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

When I posted, I thought we could only list 1 person. A lot of people who I felt who have been a positive force and helpful to others in this game have been listed...but I do wish to add a few others. And apologies to anyone I have overlooked....So Many folks have been helpful to me and others in the past. I hope I am adding some folks to the list, who have not been listed yet...but deserve to be.

Both of these guys have given away some nice horses in chat.

Josh Lamp
Jon Xett

These folks, put in some good amount of time and effort in contests and in positive posts and helpful advice on the forum.

Jeb Clampett
Ronnie Dee
Nick Gilmore
John Slotmon

----------
Again, there are a lot more, but I would have a mile long list if I kept it up. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I want Bryan Doolittle to be on the list. His playtime is limited these days but he's been a great friend, generous beyond all necessity and is always there with a kind word and good conversation and general butt-kicking.

My list also needs to include Ronnie Dee, kind giver of unexpected gifts; Nikki Everdeen for the sweet mare trades and just being awesome; Jon Xett for keeping it "all in fun", no matter what; Regina Moore for her unparalled journalistic contributions to the SIM community; Andy Gol, also for great writing; and Bri, Art and Karl, for being super friendly and cool people both on and off the SIM.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Dave Mackay1
Classic Contender

Post by Dave Mackay1 »

I would like to also nominate lisa strummer for always wishing every owner an happy birthday on the forum :)
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Dave Mackay wrote:I would like to also nominate lisa strummer for always wishing every owner an happy birthday on the forum :)
I second this
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Jeffery Kowitzke
Two Year Old

Post by Jeffery Kowitzke »

I am very anti social, I don't use the forums much cause I just don't like negativity, however with this post I do want to nominate people.

Id like to Nominate Mary Whalen and Karie McBrian for helping me out with this game, without them two, I wouldn't have 75% of the success I do for my little stable today. Karie also bought me a beer once.

Even though they have already been nominated two players I don't know, Jack Meyer an Pete Vella, they have been really positive with this game, helped me out with some advice and offered good money making horses, not stakes, but enough to get my little stable rolling and to learn from. I also love all what Jack has to write, I enjoy it.

I don't know the gals name, but the gal who was giving away free silks to the new players, I already purchased mine, I just thought that was an awesome way to give back to the players and game.

I also want to nominate a new player, never talked to her, never met her, I just hope its a her. Vanessa Handley. Only because she is beating me in wins for new players.
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Thank you Larry.....Glenn.....Jeffrey....and everyone else for the kind words....its players like you all that make this game so fun.....its good to see so many new players succeed in this game

Thank you all so much
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

I made this list, that should abolish this contest.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Kris Bobby
Classic Contender

Post by Kris Bobby »

I very rarely post in the forum but I just read through all of this and would like to thank Cleo for doing this. She i certainly one of the most "awesome people of the SIM"

Thank you to Lisa for nominating me whether I deserve it or not. Lisa you are awesome!

I would like to nominate my "SIM friends" because they are all beyond awesome and have all been very helpful and nice to me. Therefore, I officially nominate Stephen Saratoga. While, like myself, he's not very "social" here, he is beyond awesome. Jon Xett, his name speaks for itself. Lisa and Jolene, this is a two for one of awesomeness. Abe Froman, who has been very helpful to myself and many others I'm sure. Kevin Hern, my mentor when I first learned the game at a young age. Scott Eiland who pretty much is what the SIM is all about. Cleo Patra who couldn't be more lovely. Louise Bayou a very good friend to myself and so many others. Ali Weasley, who has been so kind and generous.

I know many of these wonderful people have already been nominated but I thought I'd take this forum to say Thank You to many of these wonderful SIMsters who have made my experience here way more positive. So, thank you and I wish you all could win an awesome filly!
RELAX, it's Just a Game
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

I also nominate Mike Eaton and Michelle Calderoni because they both have hearts of gold.

It has been fun watching Mike grow up from a 15 year old to what he has become today. I believe this game and the people in it have taught him a lot about himself.

I also nominate Michelle because she is just a great person that was always willing to help the newer player.

Inca Stables.