AW Milers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

AW Milers

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I've honestly been out of the AW loop for quite a few years now. After Ancestral Dream's disastrous retirement (that still burns me to this day), I kinda stopped paying much attention to my own stock as well as how the division I used to adore and champion so hard for improvement is doing. I'm honestly not quite sure why I still have horses in the miler division as it seems my barn is largely a thing of the past in terms of both success and interest. I just realized today I had absolutely no idea how well the two stallions I'm standing are doing at stud either. I have been able to get people to lease once or twice, but every time I get any hope of success, the horse immediately regresses on me and I just get more and more distanced from the division. I'm curious though, having seen little peeks here and there of what look like improvements overall, especially for the females who for a long time were monsters and stars in the division. How is AW miling doing? Is the stakes schedule better, are there more stallion opportunities, are good horses spread out among multiple owners? I have many questions and even though I don't find myself caring about my own AW milers anymore, I still have a special place in my heart for them all and would love to hear how things are now. Thank you.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: AW Milers

Post by Nena Olson »

I think that it is still going strong! Plenty of stakes races out there and Ive had no issues getting horses to at least $50k in earnings. A good majority of my broodmares have earned over $100k+. I bred the first scary AW miler in this year's yearling crop so maybe I am a bit optimistic! I keep my AW mile group small and am very selective on the mares I use. I also have Happy Snowman who is undefeated right now with 6 for 6, so again... optimistic! We would love to have you back though! :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I've been toying with the idea of just quitting honestly, but Tribal is the only mare I feel is worth something. But I struggle to get much out of my runners and my mares aren't really good. But when the division started getting bought up and people became more stingy with their stock as a result, I kinda felt trapped. I don't really see ways to get better stock other than to keep hoping I'll get a decent horse again. The better studs out there I don't actually have much luck with but it's probably just my own mares suck. I think I bred a wow once, but I usually get HTTs and Claimers with the occasional wings horse thrown in. I'm weighing the options, but I will probably be getting out of AW for good in the near future honestly. Glad to hear it's doing so well though. It's good to hear it's continued to grow stronger and more sound.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Lee always has nice horses in claimers lol. Most of my top mares are CAH mares tbh. The dam of Happy Snowman is a Create A Horse (Synthetic Strength). Plus, you can find decent fillies in claimers. AW is still nice where you can pick up decent horses in claimers still.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I see. Well, I guess I could give the claim game a shot. That's how I got to where I am with Arabs. Maybe it'll help me with AW milers.