who to breed to?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

who to breed to?

Post by Joe Bengston »

I recently claimed this one. I'm hoping she'll be good as a broodmare. I was thinking about breeding to high king. here's the link http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=392710 just wanted other players opinions ideas etc.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: who to breed to?

Post by Tom Lin »

I think you have a lot of options for your mare. She is certainly an outcross for breeding to most of the popular Battle Creek Road line sires and Woodbine line sires. With High King you obviously have a combination of both through Fighting Irish (Woodbine) on the sire side and Up Around the Bend (B.C.R.) on the dam sire side. My only concern with High King is he is new and thus unproven, although he does have some fast training yearlings.

Vodka Cruiser doesn't have a lot of history of production on the dam side aside from her first dam that has produced a couple decent horses. So I guess what I'm saying is if you are looking more at the racing side I might lean towards a sire like Made of Awesome (B.C.R. line). For a new breeder he provides excellent value, hypo's well and has a high stakes percentage for a younger sire. Quarter Hog and The Iceman would be others I would consider. If you are looking toward's establishing a broodmare band I would go with Fighting Irish(Woodbine). He's an established top young sire that crosses well with the Money and Muscles on the dam side. I've had some nice results so far (2 scaries and a fast wow from 3 matings of M&M mares). I also like Greyhound's Ghost(Woodbine) as another option.

High King could be a home run but I would probably go with Made of Awesome or Fighting Irish. Good luck with your mare Joe.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

High King' and 'Vodka Cruiser'.

On flat: B+

Made of Awesome' and 'Vodka Cruiser'.

On flat: A-

'Fighting Irish' and 'Vodka Cruiser'.

On flat: A-

'The Iceman' and 'Vodka Cruiser'.

On flat: B+

Here are a few of the nicks from the one's Tom mentioned. Keep in mind that nicks don't mean everything. You can have an A nick and still get a HTT, more of a guide.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

awesome thank you Lori. I started looking at more sires, and captain underpants is also unproven as a sire but he is by fighting irish out of Lady Catherine. and thanks Tom. bred this one http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=539539 by your horse lori Pepper Flash I got a stakes comment.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.