Acts Of Sim Kindness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 5 OF THIS THREAD!!!

With so many people around the SIM doing amazing things for their fellow owners, I have decided to run a little contest to encourage even more collaboration.

The rules are as follows:
1. Do good things for your other owners
2. Nominate the good deeds of others in this thread (posting cut-off will be Friday, July 27th at 9PM PST). The more information you include with the nomination, the better!
3. Good deeds done prior to today (6/22) will not count for the contest. (Certainly, they count for your overall karma, so congratulations on that)
4. A panel of judges (myself and a few others who are not in the running) will pick the top five most impressive good deeds.
5. Judging will be subjective, but we will look at scope and intensity. Scope includes the numbers of people touched by the deed. Intensity considers the time, effort and other personal costs given by the good deed doer.
6. The prizes will be a % of my winnings for Week 10 of this year (My typical winnings have been abover 800k per week this year). The winner will receive 50% of my winnings for that week. 25% for second, 12% for third, 8% for fourth, and 5% for fifth.
7. Only current owners are eligible to win or nominate.

Have fun with this! Do good things, respect the good things that others are doing and maybe a bit of wealth can be spread to those doing good things for others and the SIM.

-Daryl
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

What a lovely idea...
I'm just here for the fun of it
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Daryl Singhi wrote: (Certainly, they count for your overall karma, so congratulations on that)
LMAO, that was my favorite part!

Awesome idea Daryl! Ara, a good dead would be to give me prejudice... :P :D It's just a suggestion... lol
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

JoleneD wrote:
Daryl Singhi wrote: (Certainly, they count for your overall karma, so congratulations on that)
Ara, a good dead would be to give me prejudice... :P :D
Wow Jolene.... you have the dead button on your brain SO much that you can't even type deed..... :-D :-D
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm assuming you'd like Prejudice alive, and not dead . . . .

:P
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

If Ara is going to give away Prejudice, I'd like Blue Angel lol. :D

I nominate Jon Xett because he is amazingly nice and considerate, plus he gave me a wonderufl mare named Courage Plus Heart whom I love so much.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Michelle - only trick is, Jon gave you the mare prior to 6/22 so that act can't count, per the rules of this particular contest. That said, he's probably got a wonderfully high "overall karma" anyway :)
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Well I am certainly not giving Prejudice away if you want to kill her, Jolene! lol

And no I'm not giving away her or Blue Angel anyway, are you crazy? :lol:
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Laura F. wrote: Michelle - only trick is, Jon gave you the mare prior to 6/22 so that act can't count, per the rules of this particular contest. That said, he's probably got a wonderfully high "overall karma" anyway :)
So true, Laura. I didn't realize there was a timeline to the begining part of guidlines. I only saw the end date.

LOL Ara, I know, but I figure it is always worth a shot.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Ara Davies wrote: Well I am certainly not giving Prejudice away if you want to kill her, Jolene! lol

And no I'm not giving away her or Blue Angel anyway, are you crazy? :lol:
I will do a SIM Acts of Crazy later in the year. :)
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Okay, I nominate Michelle for past, present, and future occurances of calling me with results/auction stuff while I'm stuck at work. Working nights means I can't attend things like auctions and results, but Michelle keeps me abreast of the latest happenings, and I can't thank her enough for that.

And Jolene, I got a gelding you can kill if you want, he drives me nuts! :P
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

hehehehe, that was me subconciously begging for my own dead buton by trying to get her to do a good deed. LOL It was really hard to type deed instead of dead, which seems to come more naturally for me somehow... LOL

I'd definetly rather have her alive.

I can't wait for the edition of SIM crazy! That sounds even funner!

Jolene

PS is Funner really a word? Cause it's weird looking...
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

I nominate ara davies for letting broke newbs get in on the breeding game
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

I'll second that Ara suggestion for the same reason!

Also:

Jolene Danner - Helping me through breeding once again! Not only listening to my babbling while she's looking, but also for pointing out little things to me!

Stephen Skaggs - Out of nowhere sends me 4 nice horses (while watching the auction bid war, so it was a pleasant surprise!)
Matty Dubs
Eclipse Champion

Post by Matty Dubs »

I nominate Susie Raisher for offering to let me decide who Unmatched Kindness would be sent to this season, so that I could get involved with the breeding aspect of the game. Then taking it a step further, and sending me the wonderful foal!
This is where a creative signature would go.