Acts Of Sim Kindness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

All,

I would like to nominate Laura Ferguson for sending me my first stallion free of charge. I appreciate that because it will help me learn more of the game. A big thank you to her.

Miryam Cornwall
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

I have two nominations:

-Nikki Sherman, who was kind enough to give me two very nice horses, Aeon and Trolley, free of charge. Nikki did this out of no where, without my asking or anything. She had been considering selling them for some time, but instead offered them to me for free first. These are definitely better quality horses than you usually see people just give away like that, and I'm very grateful! These horses will not only go a long way towards helping me learn the game, but they are good enough to earn me some money too! A definite act of kindness, for sure!

-Laura Ferguson, who read my post in this week's Results thread about how poorly I did, and sent me a horse. I was not asking for or expecting anything when I posted my bad results, but receiving a horse certainly went a long way towards cheering me up!
Easy Favorite Stables
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

I have another random act of kindness. Amy Schmidt for offering me a yearling which I was more that happy to accept, just because she liked reading my articles on different players

Miryam
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I must nominate a few people, for their recent kindness and generosity, Amy Schmidt and Brianna McKenzie, for their help and encouragement Martin, Ara, Katy, and Chris Briggs

I know I probably forgot a few who have helped me out in the last little bit thanks to all who have helped it has been greatly appreciated
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Bug Aboo
Miler

Post by Bug Aboo »

HOnestly, I'll go with nominating all of you! So as bad as that sounds.. here's why...

Never matters what question is asked, someone always tries to answer. Even Matt and some of the others still considered in the 'new player' stage even try to do what they can.

Ponies float constantly towards the 'newbs' such as myself tryin to give us a lift up and a hand. I logged in matter of fact to a message waiting for me in game. Rob Smith, who I'd never even gotten to talk with at all yet, was offering me what I think is a very nice bay filly, Inspired Illusion, and wanted nothing in return. I am SO looking forward to seeing what she will be able to do!! :D

Yep... this is prolly the closest you'll find to a 'REAL life' racing sim.. but as cut-throat as the racing world is in reality...it's the opposite here. Don't get me wrong, though... it IS competitive here... just... friendlier.

To be completely truthful tho... I am SOOOOOO glad I do not have to be on this panel to try to figure out only one person who might deserve this award... cause it would be impossible for me to choose... :unsure:

Bug
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Bug Aboo wrote: Honestly, I'll go with nominating all of you!
Can we split the expected 900k or so 822 ways? That'd be OUTSTANDING :)
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Matty Dubs
Eclipse Champion

Post by Matty Dubs »

Flattered by Bug Aboo's comment...but I came here to nominate pretty much everyone as well. If nothing else, everyone on the forum. Everyone tries to be so helpful, I have not encountered a single person that has not tried to be helpful. Just figured I'd share.
This is where a creative signature would go.
Megan Grant
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Megan Grant »

Jose Perez read my post in the Mizzen Mast thread in the Breeding section about how much I liked Mizzen Mast as a sire and aspired to have an offspring by him one day. Just two days later Mr. Perez offered me a Mizzen Mast weanling for free -- he really deserves a shout-out for his generosity.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

A great start to this already guys. LOts of personal stories, and some are really impacting multiple players. Hopefully, in the next few weeks, someone will separate themselves from the pack with some big SIM-changing event.

-Daryl
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I have to get some words of praise in here for Laura also. Back when I was still a n00b she gave me Broken Sword and Vindiana Jones (combined earnings over 200k), she's ALWAYS kindly given me good advice whenever I've asked even though I suspect she's gotten sick of me at times, most of my best sales page purchases have been her horses, and, well, she's just cool.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Ara Davies and Ladonna King top my list. Those two have helped me a great deal in my time here.
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

Eric Nalbone: Gives me advice on darn near anything I ask him (maybe he should predict my lottery numbers too!) Turns around and he offers me Bob and John for nothing!

In fact last night, he advised me on about 12 horses, taking the time to explain every last detail to me.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

not sure if I nominated him yet but rob k kindly sent me a 2 yr old the other day when I was not feeling good about my own runners
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Fabio Socarraz
Derby Contender

Post by Fabio Socarraz »

I would have to say as far as Acts of Kindness I would nominate my brother (stage name) Luis Polar. He turned me on to the game for starters, then he has given me many horses Includin Enchanting, Mantra, and many others throughout my time playing. He advices me on how to run my horses, equipment, distance, surface. Lets me breed with Aragorn. I guess you would say that's what brothers do, but I know some brothers that don't even talk to each other. This gets us talking more even though we live in different parts of the US. Also another good friend Roberto Prieto has helped me a lot.

I have a stable of 43 horses now with some good 2 year, yearlings, and foals I think all do to him. I've also have built up a good bank role, or what I consider a good one. I have run 56 races this year with a 8-8-5 record. Some may think that's not awsome but it is to me. Also 2 stakes wins, 6 maiden wins, and 3 two year old wins. My wife tells me "honey it's not real", but you know what it sure feels real. Plus it keeps me out of bars.
Fabio

Vista Hermosa Farm, Puerto Rico $20
Winds Aloft Standing at Vista Hermosa Farm, (PRI) $15,000
Smelted Glory Standing at Vista Hermosa Farm, (PRI) $8,000
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I have 2 to nominate...Jon Xett for not only hooking me on the Sunday Silence lines..My first exciting pick up off the sales page was a mare Named Swing On Sunday..And even though i was a horrible breeder to start with goodness know i found enough of the good lines off his culls to keep practicing.And recently i was very touched to see he noticed that i had a lot of his blood running in my lines when he sent me a message stating not only had he noticed but after loosing a colt i had in a claimer he had picked up he sent me a 6yr SC gelding name Rebuild.. Thanks again Jon,he's hime to stay...

And the other nominee i have is Daryl Singhi.He has been one of my staunches supporters in being one of the "big" notice i didne't say best... breeders. I breed a LOT of babies and have taken some flack about it..Not only did he support my right to breed as many as i choose and to run my stable the way i choose to run it he also could see the pros of it not just the cons. And hes been a huge help in advice on what lines cross well which and he's been great about swaping mares to add new blood to my stable.....