Acts Of Sim Kindness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chuck Whittingham
Turf Router

Post by Chuck Whittingham »

I know that I have already nominated Amy Schmidt for being so kind and helpful to me and others in the game. Now here goes Amy again helping the whole community in one swipe by offering here Gondola Wind Boarding for $1. Another reason why she in my opinion is the one who should win!

Chuck Whittingham
E-I-E-I-O FARMS
Come enjoy all the luxuries of home in GB for $15 a day!
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Just one more day for nominations. Also, the committee will consist of me, a few non-nominated SIMsters and at least one non-SIMster.

-Daryl
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

Here is my list... Amy & Jolene along with Rob K. and Amy S.

And I'm throwing a vote along the way to the Eaton boys...because from now on... no matter how much I * anyone off on here... I will still never be on the top of the list thanks to them !! :rolleyes:
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Okay...because my thread got hijacked...just wanted to give Amanda props again now for sending No Tears For Me my way...
Laura Pony
Sprinter

Post by Laura Pony »

I nominate Jolene!! She gave me 5,000 GP to get silks and it was totally unexpected but completely appreciated. thanks soo much, she really deserves to be nominated!
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Noms closed. While you are all winners, the top five will be announced sometime after race results are posted.

-Daryl
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

The votes have been tallied, and the following are the winners for the Acts of SIM Kindness contest:

1st place (in a unanimous vote), $384,425 and a free breeding to either Mineshaft or Coup D'etat go to Rob K with his silks donation. Not only did this touch a lot of people, but it encouraged others to follow the lead. Spending real dollars on the gesture put Rob over the top.

2nd place and $192,212 go to Amy Schmidt for a combination of several acts. She was the most nominated person, with kudos coming for her silks donation, stable location near the new parks, game point breeding for others and general horse donations.

3rd place and $92,262 goes to Ryen Hanna for setting the trend of low-cost board for the track closest to the new tracks.

4th place and $61,508 goes to Ladonna King for her donation of the stable she won to Amy...thus allowing Amy to give to the newbies. It takes a village.

5th place and $38,442 goes to Jolene Danner for her silks donations and the heartfelt breedings to Rainbow Quest for Michelle on the day RQ passed.

Thanks to all of those who nominated their fellow SIMsters. This was a lot of fun to run, and I am sure that those who nominated someone who didn't crack the top 5 will come up with ways to show their own appreciation - simply by being kind to other SIMsters as they break into the game.

Winnings will be delivered soon.

-Daryl
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

wow..I am so shocked..in the spirit of giving..I will try to find a way to spread some of this new found wealth around... Thnak you for the contest..but honestly I don't hold acandle to some of the bigger trainers who help more people in a day ..then I have all of my brief sim career.

well Thanks again... and happy racing

daryl....if only you could have won your own contest!!!!1
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

Congrats Rob ! and to all the other winners as well... a well deserved round of aplause is due ! ;)
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Congrats to everyone.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Bug Aboo
Miler

Post by Bug Aboo »

Congrats you guys!

ALL of you are the winners still in my book!!

KUDOS to all of you!
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

So I logged into my stable this morning and realized that something just wasn't right with how much money I had...so then I looked.

Thanks you guys!!

I didn't even expect to be considered, so a third place finish is better than I ever could have hoped for. :)

Daryl, I'm glad you did this contest - I don't know if anyone did their kind things with the intention to win (I know I didn't), but if anyone else had the same thought process as me, it certainly planted the seed in their head to help others. In the last month or so, I've given away several horses to newbies, one of which is a yearling half-brother to a G1 winner - I realized the need to spread the good fortune I have.

So thank you for planting the seeds of kindness, Daryl!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Thanks Daryl. SIM kindness is awesome, and we shall all keep on giving even though there isn't a reward anymore. The reward is in the act itself. :D This just shows how great everyone is here!
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I really wish I had seen this thread sooner. Regardless, I'm going to "nominate", despite knowing the contest is over.

When I was still fairly new at this game, and in love with Left Behind, I tried to track down his dam and siblings to acquire them and sort of start a "family". I found his sister Alone In My Dreams and asked Laura if she would be willing to sell her to me, and she just gave her to me. I was speechless. And lo and behold, it turns out that Dreams is one of, if not the best horse in my stable.

So...thank you Laura!
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Yeah, even though the prizes have been awarded, I see no reason to not keep nominating.

I want to thank GARY COOPER for selling me the 2yo Green Dash filly who beat my own filly, A Filly (how many times can I put filly in a sentence? I think I'm going for a record) in the Queen Mary Stakes in England last night. I've been wanting to get a nice Green Dash filly but didn't want to risk real money on getting one that turned out to be a dud.

Also thanks to ERIC NALBONE for swapping me Intercontinental's and The Grand Prix's babies this year for Chute's baby.

In both cases, the other person was well compensated, but there's something to be said for deals where both sides feel that they've taken advantage of the other. :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle