Acts Of Sim Kindness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

I want to mention Carolyn Eaton here too. She gave me an awesome wedding present in the form of a filly! Wedding Bell is her name and she is a daughter of War Chant and out of the real life Gr 3 winner Noisette! Exciting little filly! Thank you Carolyn.
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I would add a second to Carolyn Eaton. Not only did she offer up a promising little filly, <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horseped. ... seID=30408' target='_blank'>Boxitup</a>, but she also offered to ship it to the trial park before I accepted. Instead, I decided to keep her entered where Carolyn had originally saw fit to run her this week.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I'd have to say another person who has shown kindness is Nikki Sherman. Nikki hosted that Newbie and Junior High Auction with some nice horses for those of us who couldn't afford $1 million plus in the auction. Those two year olds will help the future breeding programs of newer players while also giving them a chance to see what it feels like to win an auction! Nikki Sherman is also willing to give advice to people, and just help out if she can. I don't remember how long ago but I also remember her doing a give a way for newbies of some of her horses. To me this means a lot because for lower bankrolls these gifts and auctions are huge helpers.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

I would like to nominate both Brit Rea and Norman Architecture, they were both kind enough to give me a horse to start out with!!!
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

J Slotman wrote: Dubawi? Man, that is worth at least $100k. Good for you.
150k now :)
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

I'm going to nominate Daryl, who, in spite of being unable to win (and really, awarding himself would defeat the purpose), is a stellar guy for thinking up this contest, which has started such a friggin' rainstorm of kindness and presents.

Oh, and for Ghostlight. :D
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

S.C. Burns wrote: I'm going to nominate Daryl, who, in spite of being unable to win (and really, awarding himself would defeat the purpose
I don't know. I could use the money!
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

I need to nominate, Rob Kilborn for the silks that he donated to me, just because he likes the way his look. I appreciate the gift and again Thanks Rob for the gift.

Miryam
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

I wasn't going to single anyone out but now I know who wins this award. Rob Kilbourn (the CHAMP of the contest) just did the most generous thing I've ever seen on the game. Amy and Jolene get props too, but it was the idea and $50 to the bettering of the sim that gets the most credit. I love the silks that Dave makes as well and Rob just made it possible for ten people to have their own, out of his own pocket. Congrats buddy, I don't think it can be topped.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'm going to have to give Rob major props here - that was awesome.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

I just need to add to the praise for Amy, Jolene, and the originator of the idea, Rob. Definitely the greatest act of kindness I've seen in this game (and that's saying something)!
Easy Favorite Stables
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I definitely think Rob's act was a great act of Sim Kindness - what a great thing to do! Amy & Jolene - it was wonderful for you to add on - a great round of applause for all of you!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

ASchmidt wrote: I appreciate the thanks and all, but that was all Mr. Kilborn :). You rock, Rob!
Well Amy, Rob, and Jolene, wow.

All three giving major prizes this week. And now Amy sponsors a race at trial park to give the winner a free simperior!
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Just a reminder that the last day for nominations will be this coming FRIDAY, July 27th!

Keep 'em coming!

-Daryl
Megan Grant
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Megan Grant »

I nominate Stormy Peak who donated a pair of silks after hearing me whine in the Racing section. I really appreciate her gesture. :)