Shockingly ... I have a steeplechase mare. Help?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Shockingly ... I have a steeplechase mare. Help?

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Imagined is a blue hen SC mare of whom the Bloodstock agent has this to say: "Agent: 'Imagined' looks like a blue hen, what a special mare! Imagined's greatest strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers. Good luck!" She hypos a flat A to Dogfox Apparatus for steeplechasing. This is the extent of what I know about steeplechasing.

So ... a question for people who know more than I do:

1) Is an A acceptable for chasers, or should I be looking for an A+?
2) Does anyone have the remotest idea what to do with a Sun Raider steeplechase mare that isn't Dogfox Apparatus, the only hypo I've tried?
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Re: Shockingly ... I have a steeplechase mare. Help?

Post by Lisa Strummer »

I have never got an A+ for a chaser hypo, for me it's usually an A/A- but I stopped hypo-ing awhile ago. I try to send my chaser mares to stallions with comparable distance preferences, but that's just me, and that's not possible with your mare.

There are a lot of new promising chaser stallions like Centauros, Russian, Researcher, as well as Dogfox Apparatus. Any one of those would probably do well with your mare.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

I would try her with Akward.....
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

Russian and Dogfox are the 2 that I would be looking at. I always wanted a horse that could win a few races on the flat before switching over to the jumps. I would definitely be trying to get a foal that could win at both disciplines.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Eric, I don't know squat about Steeplechasers; however, I did lease a mare from Laura F., and while hypomating her, Night Fury came up as a B+ hypo with her for a steeplechaser. I don't know if that would produce a flat runner and a steeplechaser; I hear that is difficult to do. Good luck; I'll be watching with interest!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Thanks everyone! I went with Dogfox Apparatus because he and Centauros were the two flat A hypos I found, and Dogfox Apparatus clearly has the most suitable dirt route pedigree ... so it makes sense to pursue the suggestion of trying to get a flat winner before trying to figure out jumpers!