AW Gallops

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

AW Gallops

Post by Garret Folsom »

So, I galloped my AW horses and with the drop in rankings, was very disappointed that I didn't get a single AW Wow/Stakes or better. I spent the majority of my time working on my AW Horses, and went 0-42 on my routers. I was wondering if other people saw a similar, if not as dramatic drop off?
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: AW Gallops

Post by Darcy McBride »

I don't have many AW Routers, but my one Wow yearling filly is now a Wings 2 yr old; I wasn't surprised, as her works were not that good for a "Wow".

I did have a dirt sprinter go from wow to wings and a couple of various wings to to htt.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I had 4 Wow 2YO's, all still regalloped Wow. I guess, I'll have to wait until workouts to see how close my wings got to Wows.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Remembered Soldier gave me a stakes.. my life is complete :)
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Yearlings - I don't know if this is crop is a disappointment due to my breeding or the change in gallop comments. However, when I compare my %s to prior years, I'm still pretty close to my average. I had about the same HTT/Okays percentage wise. My Wings/Greats increased a bit but that's probably because several dropped from the Wow/Stakes category, which was much lower than recent years. I still ended up with 8 stakes gallopers in my AW routers though (10 overall), so I can't complain.

Overall, I got (8) Wow/Stakes, (65) Wings/Great, (67) HTT/Okay and (14) Claimer out of 154 AW yearlings.

2YOs - I'm a little ticked here. I had a handful drop levels, but the ones that did worked on par or BETTER than their gallop comment comrades. For instance, this one and this one were both downgraded from stakes to great comments, but they work WELL below the average for the rest of my wings/greats and even faster than some of my other stakes. So *? Does this mean they're just morning glories and will stuck up the track? (Ok, if I'm honest, this is 99% of my horses anyway :P). I had a few greats that went down to okay too who weren't exactly working at the back of the pack...

Racing Age - I don't think I noticed any drastic changes here. Maybe a stakes or two went to wings/great, but I think they were either weak winners or maidens so it wasn't very surprising.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

@Chani and @Karl - What crosses gave you Remembered Soldier stakes gallopers? I didn't use him last year because I'm too cheap to pay that kind of money for an unproven sire, but if he's producing stakes I'll give him a look this year.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Nine year old SC winner Sunbledore is still a scary, woot
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Oooo, a Dr. Ghazi? Nice! I'll have to try him with Taken's half sister then and a few other Dr. Ghazi mares. Lord knows I've got a bunch. Now that I'm looking at his pedigree, Standout mares should work well too. Hmmmm...
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

One wow by Bluegrass Stakes
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

2 wows
stand in battle
fairytale ogre
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

Got 7 AW sprinter wows by Rabbit Habit(3), Tractor(2), Battle and Barrack Street.

Had 7 older wows turn to wings including THIS filly which surprised me.
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

I got 19 Aw stakes gallopers, i'd be very suprised if they is any scary's about this year.

Of the 19, 10 were milers, 8 were sprinters with just the 1 router.
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

I don't have very many AW mares, but I did get a wow by African Story out of an ICL mare
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I had 3 wows I believe... Amazombie, hunters light and African story. 2 milers and a sprinter.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚