Going Home and Helluva Life: My 'Twins'

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Going Home and Helluva Life: My 'Twins'

Post by Jo Ferris »

Going Home
Falcon Nine x Dash Ahead (Ahead of the Game)
bl.c.3 - 15.1
Marking: Blaze
Total Stats: 9: 5-0-1
Earnings: $87,500

Wins:
Maiden Special Weight
NW2 Lifetime
Sommers Stakes
Echo In My Head Stakes
NW5 Lifetime

Place:

Show:
Picture Stakes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helluva Life
Streak of Rock x Splash in Puddles (Splash Works)
bl.c.3 - 15
Marking: Blaze
Total Stats: 8: 5-0-1
Earnings: $105,000

Wins:
Maiden Special Weight
Lost in the Light Stakes
Allowance
Robotboy Stakes
21st Century Stakes

Place:

Show:
His Stakes

Yes, I know, these guys are not twins, and are not even close to having the same bloodlines. We'll get back to the twin thing in a bit. Let me just say, I LOVE these two!!!! Going Home (Nicknamed 'Tank') is a stakes galloper by one of my favorite mares, and Helluva Life (Nicknamed 'Hella', or 'Hell') is a freak galloper from another one of my favorite mares (I know, shocking that their dams are my favorite mares).

Now onto their names... First up, Going Home, as normal, he was named when I was watching a movie :roll: Though that is how I named Boone, Fear of Death, and so many more. Going Home was named when I was watching Act of Valor. His half brother Valor was named after the same movie, along with a bunch of others such as Badge of Honor, Look Harder, and so on. Helluva Life is named after Frankie Ballard's song Helluva Life, again, another common way that I name horses such as Beat of the Music, Beachin', ect...

Back to the twin thing now, I've always called them my set of twins. They have very similar looks, both black with a blaze, though Tank stole an Arabian's mane and a Quarter Horse's head while Hella looked the other way and stuck with his look. Really though, they are both 400yd paints, they have the same color and markings giving them the same look, though Hella is 15 hands while Tank is 15.1 hands, close enough for me though. Also after their first race this year they had the exact same record (7: 4-0-1) and the exact same points and Hella had only $1,000 more in earnings, that annoyed me, so close to being exactly the same...

Anyway, long story short, Tank and Hell are twins :wink:
Last edited by Jo Ferris 9 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Going Home

Post by Jo Ferris »

Well Going Home bombed his last race, I kinda saw that coming. Hopefully he's got his clunker out of the way. Next stop, the Steward's Cup Paint Juvy!
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Going Home and Helluva Life: My 'Twins'

Post by Jo Ferris »

Tank 'n Hell are so handsome :) Hella is running in the Grade 2 Mid Year Men's Championship this week, though the field is looking really good so I'm not sure if he's going to do well, that and my horses seem to always throw a clunker when they get a headshot, lol!
ImageImage
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k