Congratulating the Y40 Hall of Fame Class!!

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Congratulating the Y40 Hall of Fame Class!!

Post by The Steward »

Appy: Zebra Striped
Arabian: Rian won by ONE vote to FINALLY get in - he's been waiting ages!
Paint: Blue Merle
QH: Piecemaker
Pacer: Seven Day Theory
Trotter: Cash Money Honey - with Will Be second for the 4th consecutive ballot
Steeplechase: Leap of Faith
TB: Whitney (she won by over 150 votes.... War Daddy was a very distant second)

I was shocked at how the people voting went. Early on, it was a 5-way tie, then it was 4 way tie, then 3, and in the last 24 hours JOHN SLOTMON pulled away to win in what I think was kind of a surprise victory over Xander Zone and Art Vandelay. What surprises me most about this is that in the FIRST 24 hours, Stephen Saratoga and Josh Lamp were the vote leaders, so I thought it would be one of them. Congrats to all, see ya on the ballot next time!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: Congratulating the Y40 Hall of Fame Class!!

Post by Chris Everett »

Well gratz to Jonny boy there :D
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Congrats to Slots!!!! Between his cheap board, cheap stud fees and tendancy to give away great horses for free because he's annoyed with them he's a great help to newer players where money is an issue.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

YAY for Whitney!!! :mrgreen: I bet Eric is beaming right now!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Congrats to the winners : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Tammy Stawicki wrote:Congrats to Slots!!!! Between his cheap board, cheap stud fees and tendancy to give away great horses for free because he's annoyed with them he's a great help to newer players where money is an issue.
You make it sound like I didn't actually own any good horses here! In honor of that sentiment, I'm going to hold a giveaway.

On a serious note, thanks to all - what an incredible honor! Thanks to the Steward and the many great players past and present I've interacted with in the SIM - Anzu, Ronnie Dee, Megan Grant, Becca Banner, Alysse, Kevin H., Ryen to name a few - who make this game so enjoyable.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Congrats to Slots!!! and all the Equine winners!!!
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

John Slotmon wrote:
Tammy Stawicki wrote:Congrats to Slots!!!! Between his cheap board, cheap stud fees and tendancy to give away great horses for free because he's annoyed with them he's a great help to newer players where money is an issue.
You make it sound like I didn't actually own any good horses here! In honor of that sentiment, I'm going to hold a giveaway.

On a serious note, thanks to all - what an incredible honor! Thanks to the Steward and the many great players past and present I've interacted with in the SIM - Anzu, Ronnie Dee, Megan Grant, Becca Banner, Alysse, Kevin H., Ryen to name a few - who make this game so enjoyable.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

John Slotmon wrote:

I said you gave away good horses so you had to have at one point owned them :P
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Alysse Peverell wrote:
John Slotmon wrote:

I lol'ed.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Congrats to all of the winners! Well deserved all around!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

John Slotmon wrote:
Alysse Peverell wrote:
I lol'ed.
Nobody else will get it, but that's fine. It's still one of the funnier, more random things to ever happen.
Nicole Waters
Miler

Post by Nicole Waters »

I seriously love this game! Congrats to all the owners/breeders! I love how The Steward does these things, it makes the game so much more fun because even if you do figure the game out completely and then you are the most successful trainer in the game you have more to look forward to EVERY year! How wonderful!!! I had so much fun voting! I cant wait till next year! You guys will not be seeing me leave anytime soon :)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Congrats to Slots and all equine winners! Well deserved all around!
Anzu Mccann
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Anzu Mccann »

John Slotmon wrote:

It's about time, I miss the good old chat days when I had to time chat with the team more, but will always remember the fun we all had with terrible spelling. very nie BFD
James Lee and Owen, two G1 winning turf routers 30k and 15k