SIM Santa

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

SIM Santa

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

So, is our jolly pal visiting while we sleep, or will we find him in the chat room tonight?

Does everyone get a visit from SIM Santa? I may have been on the wrong list this year... :twisted:

Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM Santa

Post by Chris Everett »

Me thinks that the sim is gonna get a early-ish update if anything :P
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

He sees you when you're sleeping, but he also knows when you're awake.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Johanna Stk
Eclipse Champion

Post by Johanna Stk »

Skam den som ger sig!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Sim santa hasnt visited me..I must have been bad :(
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kris Bobby
Classic Contender

Post by Kris Bobby »

I really wish Santa had taken the year off. Apparently the vast majority of my mares got worse
RELAX, it's Just a Game
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

NO horses were downgraded... our nicking system was downgraded to be more realistic.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

So only hypomating nicks were downgraded? The bs mare comment for our mares remains the same?

Like the formidables are still formidables, stars still stars..ect ect?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Pete Vella wrote:So only hypomating nicks were downgraded? The bs mare comment for our mares remains the same?

Like the formidables are still formidables, stars still stars..ect ect?
Correctamundo.
Mike Larson
Derby Contender

Post by Mike Larson »

Are foals' gallops pretty much decided upon creation or when the season rolls over?

I just nicked one I already bred and saw a downgrade. I would not have made that same selection with this new nick.

Any special reason why we are introducing such a change now? 22,327 foals so far
Tyler Anthony
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Tyler Anthony »

Thanks Santa Sim errr Em.
If winning isn't everything, then why do we keep score? - Vince Lombardi
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Mike: It's both. There are points in the sim when gallops can change on horses, from birth, turn of the sim year, week 9... stuff like that, if that is what you are asking.
Matt Feldman
Turf Router

Post by Matt Feldman »

Mike Larson wrote:Are foals' gallops pretty much decided upon creation or when the season rolls over?

I just nicked one I already bred and saw a downgrade. I would not have made that same selection with this new nick.

Any special reason why we are introducing such a change now? 22,327 foals so far
Not sure that it really makes much difference in the end Mike. I've been playing with a few mares for the past few minutes, and for my mares, EVERYTHING seems to have dropped half a grade across the board. So if you bred based on an A- that is now a B+, chances are almost every other A- cross you were considering is now probably a B+ as well. If not, well, its just a hypo, and the random slide really controls anyway!
Act Out Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000

Many Names Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The mare's quality stays the same. The hypos were just adjusted to be more realistic, to what I am assuming they were producing. Pretty sure the numbers of the foal are determined at the time it was bred and can change at the different points that Chris pointed out. Besides, hypos are just a rough idea of the mating. The random slide is what really determines the factor. Ive had htt/claimer A+ hypos in pacers and htt A flat hypos in Thoroughbreds so... yea.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'd assume that there was some sort of downward adjustment, because in the Appys, for example, I was starting to get several A+ nicks. You've got to leave some room for growth.