Pacer Help needed

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shiadra Cattari
Listed Stakes Winner

Pacer Help needed

Post by Shiadra Cattari »

Ok Pacer fans my stable is out of hand in ever possible way. 62 broodmares 79 racers 16 yearlings and they cant outpace a dead man.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horses.ph ... ensioned=0
Who needs to stay and who needs to go. Am i doing something wrong with the racers that they cant even break a maiden id be happy if they would at least make enough to be shipped home at this point.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Pacer Help needed

Post by Lori Hamill »

With standardbred's, like Pacers, it is extremely hard to get wins unless you have a super horse. Anything HTT - pension. Anything wings - run in claimers. Wows and not super fast scary - try doing the maiden/NW2/NW3 etc. If they can't break their maiden - run in claimers (yes, even wow's and scary horses). Scary - if they have super hot works you can try them in stakes - if they don't do well, drop them down to the same as the wow's (NW2/NW3). You really need super horses to win stakes with pacers and trotters. If you're going to race pacers you have to accept that there will be a lot of losing. If you have a hard time dealing with that it's best to get out of pacers and/or trotters and get into something easier like Appaloosa's.

As far as broodmares - if you are unhappy with a mare, she hasn't produced well - only HTT/slow wings - if it's a chore breeding her, get rid of her. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

What Lori said. The vast majority will be claimers.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

I have a 2yr old pacer, galloped stakes, who hasn't finished better than 7th in 5 maiden races.
I have a 2 yr old trotter, galloped stakes, who has a third & a fifth in 5 maiden races as her best finishes.

2 horses, 10 races, $1800 in earnings. :(

I have "wings" standardbreds who have done a lot better.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.