6.0 Break Contest

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: 6.0 Break Contest

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Tyler Anthony wrote:I misunderstood the brief I thought we actually had to take a photo.
I'm with you, it borders on copyright infringement.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Tyler Anthony wrote:I misunderstood the brief I thought we actually had to take a photo.
I also thought it had to be an actual photograph so I was confused when I saw a bunch of GIFs but my bad for not asking clarifying questions, I guess hah.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Nena Olson wrote:
I also thought it had to be an actual photograph so I was confused when I saw a bunch of GIFs but my bad for not asking clarifying questions, I guess hah.
Cause gifs and pictures from the internet taken by someone else took a lot of effort :p.

Oh well.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

She also said there are basically no rules except no recognizable faces of players, and no nudity. I hate gifs as much as the next guy (actually, way more than the next guy), but I do enjoy people making fools of themselves by creating/posting them.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Some people were super creative. I should have stepped up my game on mine, it was kinda plain....
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

There were (almost) no rules, every man for himself... we will see once the results are posted whether creativity or internet hilarity wins out!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Copyright infringement says that the photo was restricted but unless it is posted and not meme'd, basically there are few laws about it. From my understanding its a website by website basis with their TOS for posting other's photos. I do not believe in the 9 months after I did a paper for my class back then about internet laws that there's been any update about photos like what was posted.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Paul Heinrich wrote:She also said there are basically no rules except no recognizable faces of players, and no nudity. I hate gifs as much as the next guy (actually, way more than the next guy), but I do enjoy people making fools of themselves by creating/posting them.

Last edited by Abby Brooks 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

As Sam the Eagle would say, "you are all weirdos."
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Congrats to all the winners! It was a lot of fun looking through all the creative things people came up with.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Chris Everett wrote:Copyright infringement says that the photo was restricted but unless it is posted and not meme'd, basically there are few laws about it. From my understanding its a website by website basis with their TOS for posting other's photos. I do not believe in the 9 months after I did a paper for my class back then about internet laws that there's been any update about photos like what was posted.
I did say borders
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I have nothing to say about the winning pictures except Cleo should have won top spot.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

How 5 people beat Tim I really have no idea.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.