Trotter Broodmare of the Year poll!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Who should be the Year 40 Trotter Broodmare of the Year?

Poll ended at 9 years ago

Cruel Fate
No votes
Dainty
33%
Forked Tounge
11%
Forty Ounces
22%
Lady Catherine
No votes
Real Hope
No votes
Sin of Naivety
11%
Smooth Hoperator
11%
You Will Be Glad
11%

Total votes: 9

Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Trotter Broodmare of the Year poll!

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

It's that time of year again, and here are the mares that qualified for this year's poll, meaning they produced more than one stakes winner for the year. The winner gets a beautiful new headshot!!!

Previous winners (for info):
Year 39 - Smooth Hoperator Angus Clab)
Year 38 - Looks Can Kill (Franky Dam)
Year 37 - Bank (Brianna McKenzie)
Year 36 - Free Brunch (Patrick O Malley)
Year 35 - Tease Me (Patrick O Malley)
Year 34 - Honey Fox (Fogell McLovin)

Details on each mare will be up shortly...poll stays up for one week only!

Cruel Fate - Fogell McLovin's Up Around the Bend Mare was a top performer on the track herself, but she is here with her double stakes wining globetrotting 3yo filly I Got A Feelin', and her 4yo stakes winning mere Three Quarter Mean.

Dainty - Dainty is in my barn after I managed to snag this Battle Creek Road mare in the Prevost dispersal. She's here with a triple stakes wining 4 year old Dainty Diamond, and with Sugar n' Spice, a 3yo filly that won a minor stakes before picking up the American Trotting Oaks, the Steward's Cup Oaks, and the Simmy for Trotter Champion Three Year Old filly.

Forked Tounge - Another handy pickup from the Prevost dispersal, this Will Be mare is in Mark Plouffe's barn now. She's here with 4yo Forked Creek, winner of a G2 in Brussels, and 3yo Harsh Words, winner of a listed stakes in Canada.

Forty Ounces - Lucas Davenport bought this Forty Oz mare from Abe Froman, and she's looking like a bargain. She's here with three stakes winners. 2yo Forty Odd, winner of three stakes including the Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies, and picking up the Simmy for Champion Trotter 2yo Female, her 3yo gelding Forty Four Mag, who squeaked in a stakes win in week 15, and 6yo To Freedom, another gelding who picked up 2 stakes wins.

Lady Catherine - Fogell Mc Lovin has another one in the list, with this O'Malley Dreams of Cash mare. She's here with two; 3yo Kreight Dragon, a listed winner, and 5yo Lord Awesome, winner of two stakes.

Real Hope - Geir Larson's homebred Dreams of Cash mare has two; 2yo listed winner Real Stag, and 3yo Zetta Zoe, who won the G1 Emo Mile.

Sin of Naivety- a previous runner up, Tom Lin's Will Be mare is here with two. 2yo TLS Distraction, a listed winner in Belgium, and 4yo TLS Innocent Girl, also a listed winner.

Smooth Hoperator - last year's winner (pretty headshot!) is back again for Angus Clab, and this Forty Oz mare has three - 4yo Quarter Hops, winner of four stakes (including 2 grade 1s in Belgium) before finishing the year runner up in the Cup, 3yo Made of Hops, who won four stakes, including the Meadowfields Futurity and the American Trotting Derby before also being runner up in his Cup race (he was second in the Yankee Trot and the Emotonian too), and 2yo listed winner Marquis de Hog.

You Will Be Glad - I'm pretty sure Doug Kidwell's Will Be mare has been a runner up before. This time, she's here with 3yo listed winner Type O Negative, and double stakes winning 2yo Among the Living.

I'm not sure what to do if Smooth Hoperator wins again; so if you have suggestions, like give it to the runner up, skip the headshot this year, or give it to one of her progeny, feel free to offer suggestions.

Now, go vote!!!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Trotter Broodmare of the Year poll!

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

And the winner is...Dainty!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Trotter Broodmare of the Year poll!

Post by Tom Lin »

Congratulations Gigi! Really nice mare. Best of luck in Y41!