Comprehensive SIM 6.0 List

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Comprehensive SIM 6.0 List

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Johanna Stk wrote:
Jo Ferris wrote:
Rachel Sadler wrote:Could we please have the column back in our barns that says what breed the horse is?
In my dirt miler barn I have standardbreds and appaloosas and when training and entering it makes it so much easier then having to change what breed of horse all the time.
This has bugged me a bit, I miss having the column with the breeds
I miss it too.
Ditto. Is there any chance we could get it back?
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Matt Feldman
Turf Router

Post by Matt Feldman »

Very confused about what the SIM fairy did in terms of rest. Is that for gallops only, or can horses that raced Week 16 race in Week 1 again?
Act Out Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000

Many Names Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Very confused about what the SIM fairy did in terms of rest. Is that for gallops only, or can horses that raced Week 16 race in Week 1 again?
This. I'm assuming yes but would like some assurance :)

Also,

Is it normal that every track is Fast for the first 2 weeks?
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

This. I'm assuming yes but would like some assurance :)

Also,

Is it normal that every track is Fast for the first 2 weeks?
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

According to what I read on the stable page, we all have fresh, totally rested horses...even those who ran week 16. Thanks to the Sim Fairy : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Perhaps more important to keep in mind is that today starts that weird, 8 days long Week 1 Monday, so.... while Week 16 horses are fresh, what you do today will affect your horses for Week 1 Monday, etc. Don't run a horse W1 Monday if you worked it today!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Even though half my barn is now claimers, :roll: I'm still very happy with all of the changes - I think especially with the gallop comments. I think they give us a much better view of what we actually have - instead of what we were expecting to have. I really love the new columns - so much more organized. Though it was a little weird to not have the "breed-type" column anymore, I'm actually getting used to it not being there. Plus, I haven't seen this much action on the forum in a very long time. (Probably not since the first mixed breeds were introduced.)

Can't thank you enough, Em and SIM team - I know this has probably been a crazy day for you all - much appreciate all of your efforts.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Patrick O'Malley wrote:Lots of nice improvements, looking forward to this a lot.

One small cosmetic thing, if we could drop the steeplechaser ratings on mixers hypo grade pages that would be nice.
Done :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Just finished fixing all the ugly stallion hypo grade tabs (sorry!) and removing the steeplechase comment/rating/grade from all Mixers (going forward, not retroactively).

And now bed time!
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

LOVE love love love all the additions! Thanks so much!! :)

Mass selling = godsend. Leasing racehorses = brilliant. Keeping track of all my hypos - HUGE time saver! Putting the gallop comments on that spreadsheet = amazeballs!

That's all for now. :)
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

The Steward wrote:
Patrick O'Malley wrote:Lots of nice improvements, looking forward to this a lot.

One small cosmetic thing, if we could drop the steeplechaser ratings on mixers hypo grade pages that would be nice.
Done :-)
Nice, ty.
It's alive!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Looooove the PPs! So much. One little thing: would it be possible to bold the finish position or make it stand out more? I find I have to hunt for it a bit.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nicole Waters
Miler

Post by Nicole Waters »

I love all the updates, although I had just gotten used to everything in the SIM!!!!! Lol! But I do miss the breed column, especially when galloping. Cause I tend to gallop everyone at once, now I have to do it by breed cause I can't remember who is what breed.... You could do where it says the color/gender put somethin like this

TB- Thoroughbred
QH- Quarter Horse
ST- Standarbred Trotter
SP- Standarbred Pacer
A- Appy
P- Paint
AR- Arabian

Just a thought :)
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Great update. Two big thumbs up for listing more information on the spreadsheet page (example yearling gallops and favorite track conditions). The sim exchange is neat too. (This was quite humorous on the sim exchange page 781,236 GPs for $467 sim dollars that would be $781 real dollars for $467 sim dollars, easier to geld and make a quick $1,000 sim dollars ---- good thing there are other offers on there)

The financial summary just confirms my theory that I spent way too much. Interesting to see that in year 40 I lost money.... Great update again, combined with the fact that I had 2 scarys and 9 wows/allowance out of the breeding crop means it should be a great season. You all did a wonderful job!! R.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I think that Steward-bred broodmares should be indicated in the broodmare rating column because I am OCD and it hurts me that they won't show up otherwise!