Comprehensive SIM 6.0 List

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Comprehensive SIM 6.0 List

Post by Laura Smith »

It's the stakes races, with longer names, that push the PP line into more than one line, on my computer, at least.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

There's one thing I'm wondering maybe you can adjust. When entering races if I click to see who else is eligible for a race, I would like to see the weather preference on there as well. Thanks for all you have done! All of the stats help easier entering, and hopefully better results!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

The PP's look perfect to me - but I have a 20" screen to view them on.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Vanille Reynolds
Miler

Post by Vanille Reynolds »

Anna Leroux wrote:There's one thing I'm wondering maybe you can adjust. When entering races if I click to see who else is eligible for a race, I would like to see the weather preference on there as well. Thanks for all you have done! All of the stats help easier entering, and hopefully better results!
This would be useful :)

For me some way of seeing instantly whether a horse is in my main barn or my alternate barn would make entering my horses much easier. With my main barn I'll tend to search for races individually for each horse, but with my "lower level / claimer / fillers" horses (who all live in my alternate barn), I often use them as fillers in races - so being able to tell which these are more easily on the eligible horses page would be awesome.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

The FAQ on post positions doesn't address length of race.

So, should one assume that horses in inside and outside post positions are going to be as affected for short dashes (2f for TBs, or the stock breeds), as for any other race? And that steeplechasers will also be affected by post position?
Johanna Stk
Eclipse Champion

Post by Johanna Stk »

Regina Moore wrote:The FAQ on post positions doesn't address length of race.

So, should one assume that horses in inside and outside post positions are going to be as affected for short dashes (2f for TBs, or the stock breeds), as for any other race? And that steeplechasers will also be affected by post position?
I am wondering about this too.
Skam den som ger sig!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

FAQ updated.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Luis Polar
Miler

Post by Luis Polar »

Maybe its been posted but cant find it. Does the pp in races without full fields make any difference?
Luis Polar
MAELSTROM (Triple Crown, Champion 3 yr. old colt)Sun Raider out of Such Great Heights by Loki Dynasty.
END OF THE LINE (Champion)End Result out of Legacy's End by The Scarlet Nite.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Luis Polar wrote:Maybe its been posted but cant find it. Does the pp in races without full fields make any difference?
If there aren't 11 or 12 horses then outside posts don't matter cause you won't be that wide. Inside posts always matter.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kevin Rivers
Miler

Post by Kevin Rivers »

Might have missed this somewhere but within the lease of a horse does the "new" owner have the right to put the horse in the claiming races even if it is per say competing well in stakes races? I guess do they have all right to do what they please with the horse and what would happen to the horse if it were claimed and would the actual owner still have it back at year's end?
Sorry I even feel this is a confusing way to ask what I am wondering about.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You cannot enter a leased horse in a claiming race.
Bryan Helmer
Two Year Old

Post by Bryan Helmer »

Most people know I live in the shadows but I have to come out to say this new SIM 6.0 is great. Best part for me is trading game points for SIM money. Congrats to all.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I am enjoying the new features.. In the lifetime section of the PP, I thought the current year stats would show up there but apparently not. Seems like a lot of room for one line of info.. As for the columns, the least helpful one is probably the equipment. It doesn't indicate at all whether we are done finding out the equipment or not.. so my suggestion is that column should show whatever we have determined, but moreso, if we paid the 500 points and we get one piece and the other is a v or g piece, that the eq would show, F8+v? or B+g? to let us know we are not done finding out the eq info.. Otherwise I dont know what use that column is. I can only guess if it shows 2 pieces, you know for sure that horse is done.. but thats about it.. anyone have another perspective?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Art Kage wrote:I am enjoying the new features.. In the lifetime section of the PP, I thought the current year stats would show up there but apparently not. Seems like a lot of room for one line of info.. As for the columns, the least helpful one is probably the equipment. It doesn't indicate at all whether we are done finding out the equipment or not.. so my suggestion is that column should show whatever we have determined, but moreso, if we paid the 500 points and we get one piece and the other is a v or g piece, that the eq would show, F8+v? or B+g? to let us know we are not done finding out the eq info.. Otherwise I dont know what use that column is. I can only guess if it shows 2 pieces, you know for sure that horse is done.. but thats about it.. anyone have another perspective?
Personally I would like to see the "Breed" column back. If its a space issue I really think the weather is something that we don't need to have a whole column for.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Art Kage wrote:I am enjoying the new features.. In the lifetime section of the PP, I thought the current year stats would show up there but apparently not. Seems like a lot of room for one line of info.. As for the columns, the least helpful one is probably the equipment. It doesn't indicate at all whether we are done finding out the equipment or not.. so my suggestion is that column should show whatever we have determined, but moreso, if we paid the 500 points and we get one piece and the other is a v or g piece, that the eq would show, F8+v? or B+g? to let us know we are not done finding out the eq info.. Otherwise I dont know what use that column is. I can only guess if it shows 2 pieces, you know for sure that horse is done.. but thats about it.. anyone have another perspective?
I thought the same exact thing.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle