Comprehensive SIM 6.0 List

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jennifer Klebsch
Miler

Re: Comprehensive SIM 6.0 List

Post by Jennifer Klebsch »

Anna Leroux wrote:Still waiting for mass GP'ing! Otherwise everything else loooks good!
Yes! I just spent two hours doing this one at a time, sending off well over 200 pensioners, the ones I didn't breed, which takes me down to 500 pensioned homebreds. Going through them next, just taking a break before deciding which of them aren't near and dear enough to keep. I prefer to pension anything I've bred, but board going from $4,500 to $18,000 will bankrupt me in a few more weeks; that's without counting shipping or any other fees, forget buying or breeding. I've been seriously downsizing the last few SIM years but that's still way too much, considering I only have about 20 active horses and the other 500+ are just standing around. My claimers aren't able to pay for that so it's time for drastic measures, or I'm out of the SIM for good. Although with my SIMperior about to expire I'm probably going to call it quits anyway, for a while at least, and come back this fall. After 7 years, it's probably time for a break. :(
PROUD BREEDER/OWNER OF:

GOLD SWEPT, Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint champion, GRADED STAKES winner at 2, 3, 4, 5, AND 6, earner of $1.9 million!

LAST PARADE, Steward's Cup placed, G1 winner of graded stakes at 2, 3, and 4!
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

What does "make my horse better" mean? I notice this on every one of my horses page. I click it and nothing happens. What is is for?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Andrea,

Please see this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35521
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Could we have check box for equipment that says "None"? That way, None will show up on our barn pages, and we know that horse simply doesn't need any equipment. Whereas, when we see a blank space there, we don't know if that means we haven't found the equipment on that horse yet, or that he's a rare horse that doesn't need any.

ETA: I guess the one piece equipment thing needs to be addressed, too. So "none" could be like any other equipment piece. A horse with "b,none" just needs blinkers as the only piece.
Last edited by Regina Moore 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Post by Jon Snyder »

When I mass gallop yearlings, I occasionally miss the equip message in trainer comments, especially when it is for a stakes or allowance horse since the messages are shorter. I guess over time I have trained myself to look for the longer trainer comments since that's when you know there is an equip message. My suggestion is that could the "your horse is difficult to ride...." message show up in a different color?
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Jon Snyder wrote:When I mass gallop yearlings, I occasionally miss the equip message in trainer comments, especially when it is for a stakes or allowance horse since the messages are shorter. I guess over time I have trained myself to look for the longer trainer comments since that's when you know there is an equip message. My suggestion is that could the "your horse is difficult to ride...." message show up in a different color?
I do not dislike this suggestion in the slightest bit.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I've always wanted the equipment comments to be a different color! That would be awesome.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

The color thing is a great idea, but I'd rather have something to clearly indicate that I have already asked about equipment so I don't waste gamepoints.

I don't really understand what the equipment column on the spreadsheet is for. It just tells you what equipment you have chosen to put on the horse. I can just look at the horse's page to see that. What does everyone else use it for?
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Lisa Strummer wrote:The color thing is a great idea, but I'd rather have something to clearly indicate that I have already asked about equipment so I don't waste gamepoints.

I don't really understand what the equipment column on the spreadsheet is for. It just tells you what equipment you have chosen to put on the horse. I can just look at the horse's page to see that. What does everyone else use it for?
I don't use it. I pretend it's not there =P
Now it could be useful if it actually only appeared there when a piece was discovered.

The Scenario:
2 little boxes. 1st for piece #1. 2nd for piece #2.
A yearling starts both boxes empty.

You gallop and trainer tells you a piece.
The gear then magically appears on the horse without having to choose it from the equip screen and then also appears in the equip section under either box #1 or #2.
The 2nd piece box remains blank because you still do not know if it is a 2 piece or 1 piece horse.
You Vet that same horse and discover a 2nd piece. same as above. Appears on the horse without choosing and appears in the other equip box on the racing page.

you decide to pay 500GP for equip. Trainer tells you that it only needs Shadow Roll and nothing else.
SR automatically gets added to horse and also appears in box #1 for equip on racing barn page. Box #2 then gets filled in with an "X" because a 2nd piece is not needed.

You pay 500GP for Equip. Trainer tells you it is Shadow Roll and then mentions another piece is needed (either gallop or vet).
SR automatically gets added to horse and also appears in box #1 for equip on racing barn page. Box #2 then gets filled in with an "?" because we know a 2nd piece is needed, but it has not yet been discovered through gallop or vetting.

You pay 500GP for Equip. Trainer tells you there is no equip needed.
Both boxes get filled in with "X".

There are numerous scenarios that can play out, but you get the point of my idea.
Last edited by Mr. Lord Rich 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I use it on my yearlings to see who has got at least one piece or not
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Pete Vella wrote:
Lisa Strummer wrote:The color thing is a great idea, but I'd rather have something to clearly indicate that I have already asked about equipment so I don't waste gamepoints.

I don't use it. I pretend it's not there =P
Now it could be useful if it actually only appeared there when a piece was discovered.

The Scenario:
2 little boxes. 1st for piece #1. 2nd for piece #2.
A yearling starts both boxes empty.

You gallop and trainer tells you a piece.
The gear then magically appears on the horse without having to choose it from the equip screen and then also appears in the equip section under either box #1 or #2.
The 2nd piece box remains blank because you still do not know if it is a 2 piece or 1 piece horse.
You Vet that same horse and discover a 2nd piece. same as above. Appears on the horse without choosing and appears in the other equip box on the racing page.

you decide to pay 500GP for equip. Trainer tells you that it only needs Shadow Roll and nothing else.
SR automatically gets added to horse and also appears in box #1 for equip on racing barn page. Box #2 then gets filled in with an "X" because a 2nd piece is not needed.

You pay 500GP for Equip. Trainer tells you it is Shadow Roll and then mentions another piece is needed (either gallop or vet).
SR automatically gets added to horse and also appears in box #1 for equip on racing barn page. Box #2 then gets filled in with an "?" because we know a 2nd piece is needed, but it has not yet been discovered through gallop or vetting.

You pay 500GP for Equip. Trainer tells you there is no equip needed.
Both boxes get filled in with "X".

There are numerous scenarios that can play out, but you get the point of my idea.
See, I like those ideas. I just didn't get what the point was for the column. I can see how it's helpful for figuring out yearling equipment, but I'd rather not see anything unless it's a CONFIRMED piece of equipment. Maybe I'm too picky.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Well, I know that I don't put equipment on a horse unless it is confirmed... via vet/gallop/game points.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I use the equipment column a lot when galloping my yearlings. It lets me know which ones have at least one piece of equipment so I don't need to gallop them anymore. I haven't culled out my claimers or hard to tell gallopers. So I know if they have one piece and they are anything below a Stakes then they got that piece through galloping. (I am not up to a point where I want to put real money out for the wings or lesser yearlings.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I reallllllllly want the breed column back! :(
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

The equipment column is helpful for my large stable (where my brain can get fried), because it shows that I've checked the equipment boxes.

In other words, if I find out that my horse needs blinkers and a shadow roll, I still have to actually *put those on the horse*! I've found some today where, even though I knew their equipment, I hadn't actually checked the boxese to equip the horse. So, that was helpful. Otherwise, when Week 5 comes, I'd be wondering why some horses worked so much slower than they should.

A return of the breed column would also be nice.