The next step

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amberlynn Cooper
Two Year Old

Post by Amberlynn Cooper »

I have a two year old filly. She has only ran twice. Her first race was a maiden and she won. She ran this past week in a grade 3 and she placed 3rd. I was think of waiting 2 weeks before she goes again. When she does go should i put her in an allowence or another graded stakes?
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

My take on the matter Amberlynn is that your filly ran a really nice debut, a good win first time up and after a good break ran a solid if not spectacular debut in a Grade 3. She beat two debutants and the runner-up in the race was another debutant from an older player.

In short I'd look at another light Graded race if I where you, maybe four or five runners just to see how Even Me gets on in her next start but I'd leave it a few weeks, maybe mid June real time as she came back tired.

Good luck with her

Martin
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Yeah, I agree with Martin. You may want to give her a little more than two weeks off, in my opinion. At least three or maybe even four B)

And just a little tip, her racing line "Rank speed early, tired" would make me think that either she didn't like the tongue tie added in her last race or that she might benefit from a figure 8 bridle. I could be wrong of course, but you might want to try some equipment changes with her at some point.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

A F8 bridle would be helpful on that horse..

The jockey would be miffed if you took the tounge tie off.
It's helping him control the horse..
Amberlynn Cooper
Two Year Old

Post by Amberlynn Cooper »

Thanks for the advice. I am definatly going to at the F8 bridle. Since she is my best horse and a few people suggested more of a lay off, I will look for a ran the second week of june( so that should be 4 weeks).