A Few Updates

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

A Few Updates

Post by The Steward »

Hello all,

Just a few quick short updates, which may or may not be mentioned in other posts:

1. Auction Naming - you still have to pick a name at the start of creating your auction, but before posting it you can edit the name at the end
2. Horse Alerts - Tired of those depressing horse alert messages piling up in your inbox? Turn them off via the Settings page.
3. Nominations are now entirely automatic, from turning on and off to adding themselves to the calendar. It's one of the best days of my life, I think! Because of this, they now run Sunday - Sunday instead of Friday - Friday.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: A Few Updates

Post by Chris Everett »

[Like button]
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The Steward wrote: Because of this, they now run Sunday - Sunday instead of Friday - Friday.
I think I changed this a little. It is now Monday through Sunday.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Even More Updates

Post by The Steward »

On the search page, under the Date area, we added "Today", which are the upcoming, unrun races for today (because as soon as races post, it becomes tomorrow, so at 1p Pacific when Tuesday results run, the SIM thinks it's Wednesday, so Wed races will show). I don't know about you guys, but I will use this EVERY DAY.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Nice! Thanks!!!
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We updated the Record Race Times page to include ALL record holders. Woohoo!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

The Steward wrote:We updated the Record Race Times page to include ALL record holders. Woohoo!
Holy turf sprinters...
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:
The Steward wrote:We updated the Record Race Times page to include ALL record holders. Woohoo!
Holy turf sprinters...
Agreed, that's a long list....

Otherwise, love it :D
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

ETA: NM I get it... people who TIED the current race record. I thought it was whoever had broke it in the past. Sorry.. long weekend... LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Interesting to see that horses from a more distant past still have their records up there.
Satelite, Conduit, The Scarlet Nite, Symbol, Clearly Best...are a few I spotted, there might be some more there, but I'm not familiar with all the names.

Sim horses in general are a lot faster now, but those records are still up...the owers/breeders of the 'old timers' have to be proud that they had such awesome horses like those.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Surprised to find that my old War horse Scary Cat holds the race record at both 550y and 650y. I guess he truly is a freak.