A Sad Day

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

A Sad Day

Post by Garret Folsom »

My Blue Hen Trotter Mare, Always Will Be, died while foaling. She has given me a colt, Horvath, who has done very well so far on the track and a filly, Will Be Winning, who has started off nicely. She was just 12 years-old, so I was hoping to be able to squeeze a couple more foals in there before she went.

Her final foal was by Last Day On Earth...Figures. Here he is, Diablo Intercept
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Re: A Sad Day

Post by Joe Bengston »

I'm sorry to hear about this Garret, good luck with will be winning. I went ahead and entered my 2 year old awesome honey in the same stakes, figured I would give it a shot. Your horse does seem to be much better though. also both our horses seem to be closers but we're the only two in the race right now lol.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Garret Folsom wrote:My Blue Hen Trotter Mare, Always Will Be, died while foaling. She has given me a colt, Horvath, who has done very well so far on the track and a filly, Will Be Winning, who has started off nicely. She was just 12 years-old, so I was hoping to be able to squeeze a couple more foals in there before she went.

Her final foal was by Last Day On Earth...Figures. Here he is, Diablo Intercept
Lucrezia Borgia died at 12, too. Because the SIM hated me back then. You have my empathy, Garret. So weird how these pixelated images can feel like family members.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Perhaps Will Be Winning will take her place and carry on the line for you. She looks like a good one. Best of luck.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

With that 2yo she should be in the running for trotter Broodie of the year and maybe a posthumous headshot...
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

So sorry for your loss, Garret, we do get attached to our SIM horses. Horvath and Will Be Winning look like good ones to carry on her name though. (You might want to think about insuring one or both of those youngsters.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Thanks everyone.

I'm hoping she at least has a shot Gigi. Between her 2YO and 3YO, she has two pretty good ones racing this year. Horvath is running on a sloppy track this coming Wednesday, and that's his preferred condition. Hopefully a big win is in order.

I really need to pay for the insurance on a few horses.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Last Night (or daytime if your time zone says otherwise) both Horvath and Will Be Winning picked up Stakes wins. Both are now ticketed for the Steward's Cup next time out. Let's pray for a wet surface!!!
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Garret Folsom wrote:Last Night (or daytime if your time zone says otherwise) both Horvath and Will Be Winning picked up Stakes wins. Both are now ticketed for the Steward's Cup next time out. Let's pray for a wet surface!!!
If there's a wet surface I'm screwed! Daniela Mak is my only contender and she can't go anywhere near the mud. 8)
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K