New Article On Lost In Detroit

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Should be an article up in a wee bit on Lost In Detroit...for those that don't know me, it's entirely tongue in cheek...he's being entered because he's healthy and there's only one really one shot for a three year old to one 1.5 miles on the dirt...who knows, he could be a Jazil? Haha...I honestly don't believe it...I'm thinking he could possibly somehow beat 3 horses and earn some money, though.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Hahaha. Awesome!

I like the part where Chelios is drinking prune juice the best. ;)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

The Red Wings rock. I haven't kept up with hockey, post-lockout, but I faithfully watched the Red Wings prior to that, and made at least one trip a year up to Joe Louis, which is just an amazing place to watch hockey. I was a huge fan of Yzerman and Shanahan, and the whole Vladdie thing just shattered me. The "Believe" theme for that year, including the playoffs (I attended one of the earlier Stanley Cup games) was just unreal, so emotional.

Sorry to get sidetracked onto hockey, but I did enjoy the article!
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Nice! :lol:

I liked the weaving through hot dog stands in his workout the best :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I don't know about you guys, but if I'm doing anything close to what Chris Chelios is still doing when I'm like 46, I'll be pretty satisfied.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

You mean playing golf after the first round of the playoffs? :)

(Note: Steward, please ignore the "Report"...I missed the quote button and didn't really pay much attention to what I had done til after I did it)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Patten, were you the one who liked Scottie Upshall? Because I wanted to tell you that I got pictures of him for you at a couple of the games last year, and I can send them to you if you'd like!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

That would be me...

Also...this article also served the purpose to cover his entry fee...I'm not one above admitting to ulterior motives...

Monet...King of Jesters...whoever...we know who is going to romp on this field... :)
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Patten Fuqua wrote: You mean playing golf after the first round of the playoffs? :)

(Note: Steward, please ignore the "Report"...I missed the quote button and didn't really pay much attention to what I had done til after I did it)
If the playoffs started in the Campbell Conference finals, then yes, I suppose that is what he would be doing in June.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

J Slotman wrote:
Patten Fuqua wrote: You mean playing golf after the first round of the playoffs? :)

If the playoffs started in the Campbell Conference finals, then yes, I suppose that is what he would be doing in June.
Psst...it hasn't been called the Campbell Conference since 1993.

I forgot...they did make it further than they have the last few years...
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

patten, are you going to plop down some money for a Lost In Detroit head shot? He clearly has earned one.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Lost in Detroit's probably earned...something. I think Patten Fuqua esteems to write at least one feature race article about every horse in his stable.
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

I have a long way to go...

The only other ones I've only written about were Dynaslew and Legendofthepeople...actually, I think I threw one in about Blazing at some point in time...