A question on running lines

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Okay, so I have a filly that managed to win last time out, Leaveitallbehind, and got this as the running line: Very fast fractions in duel early, pulled away turn, geared down late.

Does this mean that she was running in the lead the whole time? If so I'm impressed that she managed to hold on. I'm guessing that geared down late meant that she tired. Should I try adding a f8 or something?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

English translation: set or was very close to a VERY fast early pace, pulled clear of her pace rivals on the far turn, and won without ever being asked for maximum effort. Don't change ANYTHING on this filly, run her back in a similar spot and see if she can do it again!
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

I always take fast fractions, duelling for the lead and an average/poor run with a huge pinch of salt. No horse unless you have Pegasus is able to go super fast speeds head to head for any more than about 2 furlongs.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

So I went looking at your horse, just to see how she looked, and it pretty much reinforced my previous post. Run her back somewhere between a 8 and 9 furlongs in allowane company and see if she can duplicate that run. She's got a really interesting pedigree, and in her only race at age 2 she ran 3rd behind some pretty darn nice horses (I owned and bred the winner of that race, she was a pretty cool little filly), so I'd keep my fingers crossed that you've got a good one.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Thanks for your help you guys, I appreciate it. Now I just hope she continues to do well.