Charming Freak

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Charming Freak

Post by Jo Ferris »

Charming Freak
bck.c.3 - 16.1
Marking: No Marking
Total Stats: 8: 5-1-1
Earnings: $349,700
Total Points: 206
Simmy Awards Won: Paint Horse of the Year, Paint Champion Two Year Old Male

This is the best horse I've ever owned. And I say this knowing that I have a 3x Steward's Cup winner and great stallion sitting in my breeding barn right now along with two other Steward's Cup winners with 5 simmy awards between the three of them. This is still the best horse I have ever owned, and he's only 3 years old. As his name suggest, Charming Freak is a freak galloper, one of only two in my barn the other being Helluva Life, unlike Helo (no offense Helo, but you can be frustrating), Charming Freak actually runs like a freak should, setting a new record in the Steward's Cup scoring a 91 Speed Figure defeating the old record by .08 seconds. His dam is a no name, never won a race, 'only' a formidable rating mare, yet she has a freak 3yo and a stakes 2yo. His sire is the one and only Shockfly, he's one of two really good two year old colts sired by him, the other being 2nd place finisher in the SC Shock to the Heart, and already ranks 11th in the great stallions' list of high earners. Now, given it's not the fairest scale since the purses have been bumped up several times in the past few SIM years, but still, quite an accomplishment since he is the leading earner in the 2yo sprint division. I can't wait until next year for this boy :) Right now the sky's the limit for him, now I'm just hoping he doesn't slow down at three like so many great 2yos do. He's got Boone's shoes to fill in the racing barn, but he seems to be trying to better his stablemate, and has done so... so far as Boone never set a record, but Boone also never slowed down with age, we'll see if Freak can keep up with Boone in how many great years of racing he can do. Only time will tell.

Freaky is such a boy, he won't do his hair so it's shaggy. He also dreams of one day becoming an Appaloosa... :lol:

Wins:
Maiden Special Weight
Speed Horse Futurity (G3)
Top Yellow Stakes (G2)
Steward's Cup Paint Dash (G1)
Why Oh Why Stakes

Place:
Maiden Special Weight

Show:
Rock It Stakes
Last edited by Jo Ferris 8 years ago, edited 8 times in total.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Charming Freak

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Wow...I must have claimers on the brain...I read the title and thought it said Claiming Freak hahaha! Have fun with him!
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

wow that is a real come-from-nowhere pedigree. he must have been a very pleasant surprise. congrats!
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Alleyne Torres wrote:wow that is a real come-from-nowhere pedigree. he must have been a very pleasant surprise. congrats!
Yes he was a bit of a surprise when he turned out to be a freak! I thought he'd be a decent horse as a yearling, I didn't think he'd be a SC winner, let alone record holder!! As for the come-from-nowhere pedigree, that seems to be my stables theme, as shown in exhibits A, B, C, D and E (and this is just a sample of my no pedigree stakes horses)

I do have to say though, I love it!! (probably only cause it's working out for me, if it wasn't I'd probably have a different opinion on the matter) It keeps things interesting when your stable hinges on these no name mares, and you try to break into new divisions by looking for these hidden gems, ether in AJ's barn, auctions, sales page or claiming races. It's how I've built my stable, and yes, it's probably not the best plan since it hinges completely on a mare's broodmare ability and if she's a dud, well, your screwed, but with a good eye and a large dose of luck, sometimes you end up finding the dams to horses like Boone or Freaky. Now given, it's only two superhorses out of probably hundreds of mares that I've found and tried out.
Last edited by Jo Ferris 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

He has such a nice headshot, too, Jo. He really is a very nice colt and it should be exciting to see how he does next year. Nothing like topping off his 2 year old season with a SC win. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

Love this horse and now I can't wait to race his half sister
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Thanks Lori!!

I can't wait to see how his sister does Sten :) Hopefully she's just as good :D
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Freaky got the Simmy!!!! I'm really surprised that one didn't go to a vote, the 2yo colt division was great this year and I really thought Drizzt had a good shot at that simmy, I guess Freak setting a record tipped the scales in his direction.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

What?? Paint HOTY!?!?! :shock: :shock:

Charming Freak won year 41 Paint Horse of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm really surprised there wasn't a vote on that, especially with Honeymoon Finale and Every Now and Then being awesome as always

And no, I'm not excited, or shocked at all. (Kidding, obviously)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Congrats to you and Charming Freak, Jo, it is a well deserved win!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Lori Hamill wrote:Congrats to you and Charming Freak, Jo, it is a well deserved win!
Thanks Lori!!! Though I still think your girl had a really good shot at winning it
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

No, no, Jo, I'm so happy that Charming Freak got the SIMMY and he was the most deserving of it. Honeymoon Finale had a very nice year but won only one Graded stakes, your guy Charming Freak won a Grade 3, a Grade 2 and topped it off with a Grade 1!! He had a really challenging campaign and gave his best - believe me, he deserves this SIMMY. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

That's true, he definitely won more graded stakes, but Honeymoon Finale only lost one race, which was a third in the Steward's Cup, in her six starts last year, and two of her wins were in open company. Plus she only had two graded stakes races that she was eligible to run in, one of which she won. They both had challenging campaigns and they both gave it their best.

Though what's done is done, I'll definitely take it! Freaky was definitely one of the top Paints running last year.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=629634
This horse is amazing!!!! Freaky can close like, well, a freak!

Also, the whisperer was correct, Freaky likes the mud, though why wouldn't he, he looks like a horse that would like to get all muddy, I mean, have you looked at his mane? He's such a boy :lol:
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

It's about time this horse threw a clunker!!! He finished dead last tonight, now he should be all set for the big races coming up :D