What are you listening to?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Figured I'd start one of these threads off, quite simple really post below what music you have on at any given time lol

<a href='http://www.aatw.com/media.php?id=87&type=4' target='_blank'>http://www.aatw.com/media.php?id=87&type=4</a> for me - Cascada - Everytime We Touch.
Rowdy Yates
Two Year Old

Post by Rowdy Yates »

Only country for me..

And recently...sports talk radio
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

I'm really into the New Amsterdams right now, and Keane and Hotel Lights and Gomez. Also looking forward to the new Snow Patrol album.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Death Cab for Cutie, the Killers, Panic! At the Disco, The Academy Is, Bloc Party, Linkin Park, NIN, Evanescence (still), Fall Out Boy, and Postal Service.

Yes, I really am older than 15...over twice as old in fact.

-Daryl
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Taylor Hicks.

...what?
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I like Gomez...if you like them and Snow Patrol, check out the Flaming Lips (see below) and the Spill Canvas. They're pretty cool.

Right now, I'm all about the Flaming Lips (album: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots) and Sublime (album: 40 oz. to Freedom). Weird freakin' mix, I know, but I'm all over the place. I also recently finished up an insane Queen phase; Pink Floyd before that. I'm partial to the oldies.

Also, that Gnarls Barkley is pretty dope. I'm not a huge hip-hop fan, but it grew on me.

AAAANNNNDDD I always pop in the Fall of Troy now and then, when I'm feeling fidgety. I'll never get sick of that band.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Good to see some European bands in there - Bloc Party, Snow Patrol etc.

For those interested I saw Bloc Party live a couple of years back, cracking band but disappointing live. Arctic Monkey's were good though and for new music there's another band from the city I study in and their name escapes me lol
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

I totally forgot to add Death Cab, and Gnarls Barkley is just awesome, which is wierd, lol, because I don't normally like that kind of music. The Flaming Lips are ok. I also like the Artic Monkeys and Hard-Fi(whom I could have seen in concert last month, but I couldn't make the trip :( ) I've got an Irving song stuck in my head right now. James Blunt and Patrick Park are big ones for me too. A bunch of my horses are names after songs (Smoke and Flame, No Bravery, Tears and Rain, Hotel Lights, Another Sunny Day, Calexico, Raconteur, Still Waters...) Which reminds me that I also love Belle and Sebastian and David Gray.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Hey Martin, I like Super Furry Animals. :)
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Haha I have LOADS of horses related to music/bands/songs. I have a growing number of Beatlehorses, too. Embrace's newest foal was named Strawberry Fields, Shetalkstoangels' first foal is going to be named Rubber Soul this year, etc. Some of my rock yearlings, just this year alone:

Beep Beep Yeah (Beatles)
Change My World (Beatles)
Crazy Love (Van Morrison)
Feelin' Groovy (Simon and Garfunkel)
I Am He (Beatles)
Interpol (Interpol...duh)
Into the Mystic (Van Morrison)
Is This Love (Bob Marley)
Lay Lady Lay (Bob Dylan)
Miss Kitten (Miss Kitten...)
Notorious (Duran Duran)
Progress (Rx Bandits)
Rainy Day Woman (Bob Dylan)
Saddest Sound (Simon and Garfunkel)
Santeria (Sublime)
Strawberry Fields (Beatles)
Tiger Hunting (Beatles)
Western Shore (Led Zeppelin)
Whentheleveebreaks (Led Zeppelin)

...and there are many, many more planned.
:D
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Super Furry's are a good band Ara, like the real old stuff of their's from like the mid 90's, not got the albums etc but I know when they come on the radio or the DJ puts em on in Leadmill that I like it :)

Mallory - Simon and Garfunkel's Homeward Bound is based on my local or one of my local railway stations at Widnes.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

First of all, Martin, I LOVE that Cascada song. It is awesome.

Some of the bands I listen to regularly:

Lost Prophets, My Chemical Romance, Chevelle, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Sevendust, The Killers, Matchbox 20, Queen, Green Day, Hoobastank, All American Rejects, Incubus, Savage Garden, Fall Out Boy, and Live.

I also listen to a select few country songs (Baby Girl by Sugarland is my favorite right now), and some Eminem songs, and I love Kanye West's Gold Digger, and some Jewel songs. Oh and I am in love with the bluegrass-y Nickel Creek's The Fox. That is such a cool song.

So I like a nice mix. :D
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

The only modern country I have real respect for is the Dixie Chicks. That album Home was just really, really good.

I also have this thing for Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead. WHO I'M GOING TO SEE IN SAN FRANCISCO AAAAAAHHHH! So excited.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

You guys have good taste.

My fav's are Something Corporate, Jimmyeatworld, Jack's Mannequin, Fall Out Boy, Starting Line, and Straylight Run.

I like most of what you guys have mentioned, too. Though I haven't heard (of) a few. I also like The Fray, The Killers, Dashboard Confessional, WEEZER, etc.

And there's the oldschool like Matchbox20 or Third Eye Blind that I just randomly crave.
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

Mallory! It was you who named a horse Interpol then! I tried to name a yearling that too, lol, and it obviously didn't work. I'll have to watch his career!