Imperative

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Imperative

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Poor guy may have lost a step this year. He just finished worse than third for the first time in his career, but we're still soldiering on. He's going to get one more shot at that Arc.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Imperative came back in a big way in his week 9 start, winning the German International Cup for the second year in a row. He bounced back from Dubai much better this year, winning with a 90 and doing it from on the lead (which he practically never does). He is probably for the week 11 King George Stakes.

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

If this were real life, I'd be like, "Awesome, all the speed drew outside of him and he should get a GREAT trip." In the SIM, I'm like NO not almost against the rail! http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=782240

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Inside draw or not, that race is STACKED! wow!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Yeah this has been a good year for stacked turf routes.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Yea if I had not missed the field before Monster shipped he would have been scratched... dang it.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Gonna be a helluva race!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Louise Bayou wrote:Yea if I had not missed the field before Monster shipped he would have been scratched... dang it.
*wins anyway*
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Louise Bayou wrote:Yea if I had not missed the field before Monster shipped he would have been scratched... dang it.
Good thing you did miss it! Congrats on that win ;)

I think one more try at the Arc and Imperative will be retired. Who's excited to send some nice mares his way?

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Time for my big boy's final race (unless I decide to run him in the German thing week 16 to try to get him out on a win...) I'm sad :(

Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Why sad, you know there wI'll be others.
Plus now you can be excited to breed to him :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Erin Sanderson wrote:............I think one more try at the Arc and Imperative will be retired. Who's excited to send some nice mares his way?
I'm really excited about sending my best mare, Forethought, his way!
I've already have her listed for a future book with Imperative, but it will have to be for next year, unless the person who's going to get her in a foal swap deal ends up sending her to him this year.

I'll also be looking more closely at the mare I requested and there's a good possibility I'll still be able to send a really nice mare to Imperative this year. : )

Forethought's 3 foals:
The first 2 are already stakes winning fillies, and her yearling colt, Dire Straits is by your guy, Gibraltar :)
He galloped an 'allowance with stakes potential' But I'm hoping he'll improve as a 2 year old, just like his uncle, Forgot, did - Forgot went from a 'wings' to a 'stakes' and now has six G1 wins under his belt. (Forgot, btw, is a full sibling to Forethought)

I'm a fan of Gibraltar, and due to him, also became a fan of his son, Imperative. I hate to see his racing career coming to an end, and I hope he ends up being a great stallion for your stable. Wishing you the best of luck in the Arc !

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I've decided to race Imperative ONE more time after the Arc in the England's Champion Stakes so he gets one last bow, hopefully. I don't feel too confident about a win going into the Arc and I'd like to try and get him another G1 before he retires, so he goes out on a high note.