Sleep Well

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Sleep Well

Post by Nena Olson »

Pretty sure everybody and their brother has heard the story of Sleep Well by now but I don't care. She is my favorite! I purchased her by sheer luck of finding her on the sales page for a meer $5,000 as a yearling. Hard to believe that a filly with her pedigree could be purchased for $5,000 but she was only a 'great gallop' so maybe there wasn't much hope for her. However, there was! I had wanted a Wonder lined filly for a very long time but I had wanted one that had the dam side related to Wonder, not through Awake As I Am, etc. Anyway, she was still great gallop when the year turned over, I believe, she didn't turn until W9 of her 2yo year where she improved to stakes. I had only worked her once so I had to do it again before she could race. She went 5f in 57.49! I had offers to purchase her but that would have been dumb of me, so I obviously didn't sell her. Now here she is, one of the most exciting horses in my barn! I get ridiculously nervous every time she runs but she rarely lets me down :) So, see, sometimes you CAN find that diamond in the rough on the sales page!

Sleep Well
Dark Bay Thoroughbred Filly, 15H
[Doc Halladay x Sleepless by I and I]

Breeder: Eric Nalbone

7: 4-1-3 - $684,500
Highest SF: 96

AS A 2 YEAR OLD
1st - Maiden Special Weight - 2yo Fillies - 1 1/16 Miles Dirt - 96 SF
1st - G3 Spirituality Stakes - 2yo Fillies - 1 1/16 Miles Dirt - 86 SF
3rd - G1 Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies - 2yo Fillies - 1 1/16 Miles Dirt - 78 SF

AS A 3 YEAR OLD
1st - G3 Skyfall Stakes - 3yo Fillies - 1 1/16 Miles Dirt - 94 SF
2nd - G1 Lexington Oaks - 3yo Fillies - 1 1/8 Miles Dirt - 82 SF
10th - G1 Louisville Oaks - 3yo Fillies - 1 1/8 Miles Dirt - 56 SF
1st - G1 Fall Derby - 3yos Open Gender - 1 1/4 Miles Dirt - 91 SF
3rd - G1 Rags to Riches Stakes - 3yos+ Fillies & Mares - 1 1/4 Miles Dirt - 77 SF
3rd - G1 Steward's Cup Distaff - 3yos+ Fillies & Mares - 1 1/8 Miles Dirt - 87 SF
Last edited by Nena Olson 8 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Sleep Well

Post by Lori Hamill »

She's a beauty, Nena, and OMG! what a great find!! What are the odds?! Looks like she'll be giving you quite a few years of fun racing, too. Love her speed figures - super nice filly. Congrats!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Not many like her slip through Eric's hands! Congrats and well done on the pickup and best of luck on future progeny!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Well... 10th place happened and not really sure but the jockey is in trouble! I think Sleep Well was out partying all night with the Derby colts and fell asleep during the race.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Got her her G1 win in the Fall derby against the boys! Yay!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Sleep Well ended her year with two 3rd place finishes in G1 company against older fillies. I am quite proud of her Steward's Cup Distaff run and hope that she comes back even better as a four year old!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚