Thunder Road

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Thunder Road

Post by Scott Eiland »

Thunder Road dkb.c.3 - 16.2 Rambling - Take A Nap (Awake As I Am)

This horse, named after my favorite Bruce Springsteen song and thus very important to me (I am a native New Jerseyan and live in North Carolina mainly because it's the furthest thing from New Jersey I can get without leaving the eastern seaboard). He is a homebred and therefore special to me on another level than a horse I merely acquired. As I post this he just won his first race on the Triple Crown Trail, and I am optimistic, even though he's a bit under the radar and the press isn't really watching him yet.

Here I include my favorite lyrics from Thunder Road, which include the first successful complisult (compliment loaded in an insult) that I think Bruce ever pulled off:

Don't run back inside
Darling you know just what I'm here for
So you're scared and you're thinking
That maybe we ain't that young anymore
Show a little faith there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me

Anyway, he has a rematch with Gentleman and a likely clash with Winding Path waiting for him at Santa Anita Week 4. I am cautiously optimistic.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Thunder Road

Post by Lori Hamill »

Thunder Road is an exceptionally nice colt, Scott, and you've done a super job of breeding and training him. With his breeding he should love the Derby distance. Good luck on your road to the Triple Crown, he looks to be the real deal!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Re: Thunder Road

Post by Scott Eiland »

So, the question:

If Heart of the Storm wins tomorrow, my guy is slated to enter the Queens Plate. I have his customs stuff ready and I'm on yelp looking for a great smoked meat place near fake Woodbine.

If he's upset by Sherwood, Pumpkin King, Rev Jamison, Ood, etc...Heart of the Storm is rumoured (ha! Canadian spelling!) to be going to Canada. This would be bad for my guy.

So, the question...in this scenario, does my guy stay in the stakes and go for the Long Island Classic, where the list of deep routers is unclear at this point (is it Gentleman? Broadchurch? Someone else?) ...I'm leaning toward the latter.

To sum up: I am EXTREMELY proud of my guy, and I don't want him to race Heart of the Storm unless it's for a half million dollars or more. So, for the five of you out there who are fans of him, I say thank you...and the story of Year 42 is extremely interesting already.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.