Gobruins Sales

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

In an effort to preserve my own sanity, I will be making a legitimate attempt to cut my yearling total in half before the end of the season. I am eschewing the traditional auction format and will just throw them on the sale page.

Other ages will hit the page too after I deal with the yearlings. Primarily 2 yr olds as they get their 2nd start, and foals as I breed them. What this means is that for the next few days, whenever I am online, I will be putting yearlings on the sale page. For the unproven mares, the yearlings will go up for about 2x the sire price. Anything that has shown the capacity to throw something will probably see a tiny bit of a premium attached to the baby.

I have many unproven mares that are sibs of big time RL horses, and while not proven, if you do some pedigree digging, there will definitely be some nice prospects out there. If you are so inclined, feel free to look at my yearlings and ask about any number of specific babies. Obviously, I will be trying to keep the ultra-talented, but anything is possible!

PM me in game, or track me down on AIM if you like.

-Daryl
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

In the interest of full disclosure, are these yearlings also available for fans of USC?
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

My Singhi-bred 2YO's have bombed so far this year. However, this surely won't stop me from picking up a couple more when they become available!!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Thanks, Daryl. Not many I can afford, but I snatched up one in my range. I do need to curb my impulse buying, however.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

It took a lot of debating, but I bought La Noche. She seemed like she would be a very nice filly. She went 4 furlongs in :47.36 just now.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I haven't much luck with Daryl's yearlings before but I'm really excited about the one I just bought, she looks like she'll be really nice :)
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Matty Dubs
Eclipse Champion

Post by Matty Dubs »

Paul Heinrich wrote: Thanks, Daryl. Not many I can afford, but I snatched up one in my range. I do need to curb my impulse buying, however.
Welcome to the club B)
This is where a creative signature would go.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

J Slotman wrote: My Singhi-bred 2YO's have bombed so far this year. However, this surely won't stop me from picking up a couple more when they become available!!
That is a bummer. Still, you only have one juvy Singhi-bred, but given his troubled running line, the fact that he cashed a check LTO would have me optimistic. The travel might knock something out of him this next start, but I would still be looking for him to break maiden in a non-Claimer sometime this year or next.

I was curious so I just pulled up a search of all Singhi-bred juvies and it looks like about 70% are earning money. It also appear that about 50% are earning in their first start. Given most juvy fields is packed, that looks pretty decent to me. I will get concrete numbers closer to the end of the year, but as of right now, they don't look bad at all.

A lot of route babies were running way too early, but now that there are routes available for them, they should start hitting the board.

-Daryl
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

randall_graves wrote: In the interest of full disclosure, are these yearlings also available for fans of USC?
Sure, but they have to pay double. They can afford it, after all, they are used to overpaying for things!

-Daryl
Megan Grant
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Megan Grant »

Geez, Daryl. With as much as I bought from you today alone, you should throw in a bonus foal or something! :lol:
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Somebody did their research! I am about 2/3 through the yearlings, but about 35-40 have sold and another 60 are on the page. I didn't hold to my 2-3x rule for most of the fillies, so if the market doesn't see something selling, I am sure I will take measures to correct that.

-Daryl