Ah.....del Mar

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

The only decent racing shot I could get thru people and pony heads.

The Steward and her trusty press pass
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Still working on my shots from the day, but here is the album:

<a href='http://www.turfangels.com/gallery/view_ ... e=album664' target='_blank'>http://www.turfangels.com/gallery/view_ ... lbum664</a>
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I know there's a (as usual) contentious thread about this over at the death star, I'm sure the conversation here would be better so I'll ask...

How is everyone liking (or not liking) the new surface?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

From those I talked to yesterday, it's better. I guess last week there were problems with it. One trainer is very outspoken about how he doesn't like it, otherwise, everyone is okay with it. We lost a horse yesterday, but that was on the turf.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

I am only giving input on color... it looks almsot like dirty snow... but it gives a beach sand feeling to the track... which works really nicely for the Del Mar atmosphere.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ian N wrote: Image
The Steward and her trusty press pass
Aww look how beautiful you are!
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I love synthetic surfaces. I don't care that the races are being run slower, or that it's causing a change in riding/running tactic...I think safety is #1, and as long as horses are physically less stressed, I'm down with that!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

O, DEL MAR. How I've missed thee!

Del Mar is so pretty. I will most definitely be making a trek or two there this summer.

And doesn't Em have a smile to brighten a room? I've only met her twice but I'll always remember how pretty it is.

Okay, I'm done embarassing you Emily. :P

Also, I second Ryen. I think we're on the same wavelength a lot of the time.

...DEL MAR!!!
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: Also, I second Ryen. I think we're on the same wavelength a lot of the time.

...DEL MAR!!!
Indubitably!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeereee theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee turf meets the surf, down at ol' Del Mar...

I'm sad that I won't make it to Del Mar this year. :( BUT I will be at Arlington for the Million along with my dear Poo, aka Ali!
Karie McBrian
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Karie McBrian »

that picture of Em is awesome! Made me smile!!! I need to go to CA and hang out..
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Which synthetic surface is Del Mar using?

I know I am off to LIngfield this weekend for a turf evening but they were one of the first tracks in the UK to have AW and specifially here Polytrack.

Anything that is fairer on the horse has to be better, yes?
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Amanda O'Brien wrote: Which synthetic surface is Del Mar using?

I know I am off to LIngfield this weekend for a turf evening but they were one of the first tracks in the UK to have AW and specifially here Polytrack.

Anything that is fairer on the horse has to be better, yes?
It's Polytrack. and as far as all weather surfaces go... my jury's still out, working in the business, I have heard and seen alot of things that are a little shaky for me. I am 100% for safety, but I think alot of things weren't taken into consideration before tracks installed some of these surfaces...
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I just happened to be surfing the web this fine Monday morning and I thought I'd show you guys my new house. Hehe...

<a href='http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?fus ... D=18175201' target='_blank'>http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?fus ... 8175201</a>
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Kevin H wrote: I just happened to be surfing the web this fine Monday morning and I thought I'd show you guys my new house. Hehe...

<a href='http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?fus ... D=18175201' target='_blank'>http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?fus ... 8175201</a>
Need some roomates? ;)