Simvivor Season 3 official!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Re: Simvivor Season 3 official!

Post by Mike Eaton »

Randell has been eliminated Amy wins by a hair!

Final three
Amy
Garret
Scott

I know its sim break but we are almost done here! Stay tuned for the challenge.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

two tasks.

1) create a simvivor jingle based on your journey and record it.

2) Write to paragraphs one on each of your opponents why you deserve to be in the top 2 more then them.

Winner of the challenge will pick who they bring to the final with them. Also a note there is only two judges now. Good luck the finale is going to be beastly. 1.5 million on the line.

Task due Thursday 11pm est. If you all finish early we will get the results out early!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

For the finale im thinking about having a jury kind of come in and each person in the jury ask a question directed to one of the final two. When all the questions are answered a vote happen worth a certain percentage to win. Im hoping to get some of this years cast if not all but I know im dreaming. And simsters not involved. This would mean you would be free for about an hour in a chat room. You would get paid in sim cash. Day and time to be determined and worked out but if interested please message me in the game!

Thanks.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

so the two judges each graded you guys. Each portion worth 50% each to get a final score out of 100% then we averaged them together for the final results.

Amy
judge 1 45 out of 50 for jingle. 42 out of 50 for essay. = 87% judge 2 44 out of 50 for jingle 40 out of 50 for essay= 84% final score= 86%

Scott
judge 1 48 out of 50 for jingle. 45 out of 50 for essay. = 93% judge 2 48 out of 50 for jingle. 43 out of 50= 91% Final score = 92%

Garret
judge 1 jingle 36 out of 50. essay 49 out of 50. = 85%. Judge 2 jjingle 35 out of 50. Essay 50 out of 50. Final score= 85%

This means Scott you have taken it down! You will have the choice of who you want to take into the final two with you! Think long and hard and then let me know!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Scott has decided to take Amy to the finale! Scott vs Amy. Details about the finale will be up tomorrow hopefully. And Im hoping this week we can get the winner by friday night so they can finish the steward auction with a little extra. That being Said Amy and Scott if you could ASAP let me know if you had an hour to two hours to spare on Friday when that would be. Thanks Watch for the final challenge! Also if your interested in being a jury member let me know. More details to come.

Mike
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Well, the comeback story has come to an end. I came up short in the last challenge due to some technical difficulties. I was hoping for a final battle against Scott, but it makes sense for him to take Amy, the person that he turned against me. My dominance over the second half of the game was obvious and both Amy and Scott knew that they couldn't beat me 1-on-1. Heck, if I was able to get my jingle recording submitted, I would have walked away with the final challenge. My essays got a combined 99 out of 100 and my song without the recording was a 71. My singing voice may have actually pushed the score lower, so maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm now making it my mission to sabotage one of your chances at winning this game. Will it be the turncoat Amy? or the evil one that turned her against me, Scott? You'll have to wait and see.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Garret Folsom wrote:Well, the comeback story has come to an end. I came up short in the last challenge due to some technical difficulties. I was hoping for a final battle against Scott, but it makes sense for him to take Amy, the person that he turned against me. My dominance over the second half of the game was obvious and both Amy and Scott knew that they couldn't beat me 1-on-1. Heck, if I was able to get my jingle recording submitted, I would have walked away with the final challenge. My essays got a combined 99 out of 100 and my song without the recording was a 71. My singing voice may have actually pushed the score lower, so maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm now making it my mission to sabotage one of your chances at winning this game. Will it be the turncoat Amy? or the evil one that turned her against me, Scott? You'll have to wait and see.

Wow I really admire your good sportsmanship
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Of course, I disagree with Garret's characterization of my maneuvering as "evil." Amy correctly feared she was going to be voted out during team play if she didn't make a move, and I gave her a way to make the final four. She's made the finale. I think she merely outplayed everyone to get to this point. And so have I.

We'll hash it out in the finale.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Wow so much bitterness and anger.....

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less. Paul Brown
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Mike Eaton wrote: ...Remember 1.5 million goes to the last one standing and 500k will be awarded to the person who makes this game interesting!
Just want to make sure everyone sees this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm playing a game.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Garret Folsom wrote:
Mike Eaton wrote: ...Remember 1.5 million goes to the last one standing and 500k will be awarded to the person who makes this game interesting!
Just want to make sure everyone sees this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm playing a game.
You're walking a fine line. Losing respect from a lot of people.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Nini Hunter wrote:
Garret Folsom wrote:
You're walking a fine line. Losing respect from a lot of people.
If my comments offended anybody, I'll gladly apologize to them. Any time that I've posted, I've sent people a private messages telling them that it was not to be taken seriously. I've been having regular discussions with Scott during the past few competitions, I have nothing but respect for him and how well he played the game. I feel the same way about Amy and the way that she played, and I've told her as much. There has been no ill intent on anything that I've posted, and made it very clear. You and I exchanged messages about this earlier when you were upset by my comments.
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

I know Garret very well....he is just having fun, and when he says he is just playing around im positive he means just that...He said he contacted those involved and even let them know....I'm sure he means nothing by them.

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Back to the game.

Amy Vs Scott.

This will be a challenging finale for you I wont lie. Effort, creativity, skill, and luck may have played a role in you getting here and maybe in your pocket. In the final there will be a total of 5 things you must do. These 5 things will be given a percentage score which will be added up to give you a final score the person with the highest score wins $1.5 plus be able to say they destroyed the competition.

I would like to notate that Scott came in one of the favorites as he is very active in the sim community, has many friends, is a smart guy, and lets face it this game and the challenges for the most part fell into his lap. In the past ive considered Scott one of my rivals and ill be frank the thought of him being the champion at first was a nightmare but I feel like over this game chatting with him hes a great person and very deserving. I can see him winning this and id be happy with him doing so.

Amy came in as a very unknown. The reason I decided to bring this game back was not only my love for a reality type competition or to hand my money over but because I wanted unknown players to gain friends. Even though I am not in the field getting to know you I feel like based on your messages, competition entries I do know you way more then if this hadnt gone on. Behind the scenes after a few weeks Amy stepped up as my longshot pick to win. I didnt think she would get passed top 4 as my original pick ( nini ) was still in the game. When she made the right power moves at the right times I was shocked and impressed and feel like she played the game how I wanted to see people play. If Amy wins I would be happy because she deserved it.

This is going to get fun!

Task 1 - Now that you made the final 2 rewrite your simvivor acceptance speech that you first wrote. Judges will be looking to see how much you guys adapted, Have fun with it, but now think it really is going to happen! Judges myself and Gigi will read and score this task based on 20 points. We will average our scores to get your final score for this task.

Task 2- Create a tv commercial for simvivor. Quality doesnt have to be great, the amount of time doesnt have to be long. If you cant get a video going due to technical issues ill be upfront now you will have minus 5 points. This is the finals do what you can! Impress us! This will be out of 30 points. Again the two judges will grade and average.

Task 3- We will be thinking back to how you guys did overall in this competition and giving you a score out of 10 points. To make this a task please send me a list of 3 accomplishments you think should be in our heads while we grade this. Again out of 10 points.

This leaves 40 points and 2 tasks. What I want to do is to get a group of about 5 simsters not involved ( Task 4 )and 5 previous cast memebers (Task 5) in a chat room each asking you one question ( anything goes ) to help them decide who deserves the win. The jury will see all answers and have there questions answered and by the end of the Q and A they will message me who they think based on your answers deserves to win. Each vote will be worth 4 points as long as we can get that many participates. Now I do have some interest already however we need to find a good time to make this happen.

I was trying to get this done before the steward auction for you guys but I dont think that will happen. So Task 1-3 Will be due by December 3rd 11pm est time.

The chat room task time TBA.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Mike, I want to thank you for putting on such a fun game. I truly enjoyed the whole ride. It was challenging and really helped me connect with a few people in the game that I had not talked with before. I strongly suggest that if Season 4 rolls around, people sign up.