Its All About Who?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Its All About Who?

Post by Art K Stables »

Its All About You was voted least likeliest ( by the voting committee me myself and I )of my 3 SC entrants to win an SC race this week and it just shows to go ya.. Why did I think her chances were not great? A few reasons, one is she is a mudlover.. had not won a race on firm turf since a 3 year old, she was also on her longest losing streak of her career and had not won a race since week 4, even in the mud.. I had decided as the end of the year came to a close that she should go out as a winner so I just entered her into an allowance race and then would retire her and see what her babies could do. And that was where it stayed until SC week came upon us.. I decided that the relatively small purse of an allowance race was little to lose for one more roll of the dice, her last SC attempt was as a 3 yr old and it was the worst finish of her career.. did not race her in the SC as a 4 yr old and I am sure that was right with greats like Miss Indian Nation, Big Fish, Whiteflagfinish, and upncomers too.. wow. But when I looked at the field this year I saw no Miss Indian Nation, and most of the others had retired, but those upncomers like Scary Song who had defeated Its All About You and a few others were looking just as monsterly.. In any case, as I heard the call I thought it was nice she was getting a call in second place waiting for the inevitable fade as the monsters came rumbling by.. but that would be Esspecially Krispys story.. unsurprisingly.. But I digress. I guess it just showed me how little I really know and the story of the moral is, when given the opportunity to reach out for greatness.. do so. You never know. Where it leaves me is I was ready to retire her, now should she go out on top? Or ? I dont know, thoughts on that are welcome..
Now here is the rest of the story, 98% of this I had written in the forum under Lovin the Sim, or what the sim means to me, but when I submitted it it just disappeared and I just didnt have the energy to rewrite the story, but this win makes it ever more poignant and it was a couple of weeks ago so my writer's cramp has finally healed.. so here is the story...
I happen to play in a few bands, have for years. In those travels I met a drummer. His name was Chip. Chip was an older guy, 67, but he drummed like Dave Grohl, I had never seen anything like it. He was in fantastic shape and it turns out Chip was from a band called The Remains.. I doubt you have heard of them but a little bit about the band to know is that they were big in the 60s, big enough that they actually opened for the Beatles on the Beatles last US tour in 1966.. The Remains lead singer was the only one to continue in the music business and joined up for years with Emmy Lou Harris.. In any case, Chip for his own amusement would sit in with the local cover band and we became good friends.. The Remains had a reunion type show because they got a shot in the arm when the producers of the movie SUPERBAD wanted to use their song called Why Do I Cry in their movie.. Thats right McLovin, the Remains got a nice royalty check out of that.. In any case, I played the keyboards, and like many keyboardists we tend to be hidden in the back, near the drummer obscured by the mighty guitar players.. So Chip would note this and would always tell me after a gig, "Its All About You kid!" with a big smile on his face, one of the warmest nicest guys I ever met. You can check out the story of the Remains and Chip on one the greatest authorities in the world, WIKIPEDIA :) , On February 22nd 2014 Chip Damiani, in the best of health had a massive brain hemorrhage and died when they pulled the plug the next day.. He was a great friend and one of the warmest nicest people Ive ever met and is sorely missed.. The following day the sim had its yearling gallops, and my first ever scary/special galloper was a black diminutive filly who won the least likeliest race I ever thought she would win. and all I can think of is Chip's smiling face and warm Italian embrace telling me Its All About You.
Last edited by Art K Stables 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Its All About Who?

Post by Laura Smith »

Amazing story, and I love your mare. Glad you took a shot in the big dance!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Thanks Laura and you had written a nice note before that race as well. Thanks again!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

well it was a mistake, no doubt about it, she dropped from stakes to productive in one year, put her in a race she would have romped last year and she finished 5th, so thats my cue, and so we will see if she can produce anything resembling her performance in her babies, but I doubt it.. it was great while it lasted :)