A No Computer Diary

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: A No Computer Diary

Post by Chris Everett »

Well i have to say if you had a desktop, you would be able to have a hard wired internet connection = no wireless = wireless bad and spotty for signal. Not to mention laptops over heat so easily :( But you have a connection that is !phone
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I have a desktop pc, remote keyboard/mouse, and a high back fully upholstered, adjustable, back-supporting computer chair that I can lean back in with my feet upon on a footstool. I put the keyboard on a pillow on my belly and type, the mouse is in easy reach on the desk. What I like about this set up over a lap top...is when I'm typing the monitor's not moving : ) Plus, my monitor is way bigger than one a lap top would have. With my eyes I need all the help I can get :P

I might get a lap top someday, it would be nice to sit in the recliner and be on the computer. My Kindle works ok, but limited in what it does....at least the keypad is bigger than what's on a phone.

Still hoping you get a surprise and the computer shop will call ya early and tell you it's fixed.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Kaine Saracen wrote:
Patrick O'Malley wrote:
Kaine Saracen wrote:Desktop PC: check
Laptop: check
Backup laptop: check
Hybrid laptop/tablet: check
Tablet: check
Backup tablet: check
Smart phone: check
Backup smart phone: check
Home broadband: check
Wireless internet: check
Backup wireless internet: check

Welllll, I do have a power inverter hard wired to my diesel van to supply power. Don't need UPS (US Postal Service?) where I am. :wink:
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question28.htm = UPS

Em, I feel for you. During Hurricane Sandy I think I was without my computer for almost 2 weeks. It was h e l l.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I love my desktop - my laptops pretty fast but the desktop is faster. I do most of the creative writing on the laptop, though.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

...and I totally freak out when the internets down. We had this "freedompop" thing for awhile - total pain in the * - we'd be sitting there and it would keep telling us we needed to send it more money - worse than hotel wifi.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Oh my god Carolyn... its like the mob for the internets!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dear Emily,

We've had a strained relationship for years, and you airing our issues in public is the final straw. I needed some privacy these past few days, and you couldn't even respect that. Of course you couldn't replace me with your little phone - once you go Mac, you never go back.

What I really want to say is I met someone while i was away. She's a genius named Amanda. She appreciates me and pushes my buttons in a way you never could. Even though it turns out we were never meant to be, I wish you luck with your next computer, which will probably be a PC.

Sincerely,

MacBook
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I feel your pain!!!! I finally got my kid back, with a new hard drive, but absolutely wiped clean. I could cry.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Chris Everett wrote:Oh my god Carolyn... its like the mob for the internets!

I never thought of it that way - but yes, it was like being shaken down (without the gun to the head - just no Sim/facebook/email...)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

New casing, new keyboard, new trackpad and new battery for freebies... and I only went in for the track pad.

Dear Diary,
WE ARE REUNITED!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

The Steward wrote:New casing, new keyboard, new trackpad and new battery for freebies... and I only went in for the track pad.

Dear Diary,
WE ARE REUNITED!
Party time!
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

The Steward wrote:New casing, new keyboard, new trackpad and new battery for freebies... and I only went in for the track pad.

Dear Diary,
WE ARE REUNITED!
I have a stable full of cats
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Dear Diary,
WE ARE REUNITED!
Yay!!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯