Value?

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

I was curious what everyone thought about my horse Fifth gear I think hes prob the best horse i have and wanted to know if you agreed and what you thought his value is <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=33407' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=33407</a> shouyld i scratch him in the next race?
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Run him in a maiden race. Don't go into stakes races until he's won.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

I think you have a real nice horse who is probably pretty tired. I would give him some time off and see what he can do in a maiden. Then graduate him up a level when he breaks his maiden. I wouldnt look for a race any sooner than week 13. And although he has run pretty good sprinting, he may be wanting some distance but Ill let a vet make that recommendation. Thats my opinion. Good luck Mike.
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I run my 2yos every four weeks, so I wouldn't run him again myself until Week 14, and in a maiden race.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

thanks i wanna try him in that over classed race then im planning on giving him 5 weeks off then putting him in a maiden until he wins thanks
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

Good News..I think you will get your 5 weeks off.. because of injury.. Running a 2yr old 3 times in five weeks is CRAZY... (not to mention the Workout thrown into the middle of it..) This horse could be really special..you haven't rested him, he hasn't raced at his optimum distance(my opinion) and he still has picked up checks for you...

If you handle him well he could really help build your barn.,.... or he could get broken..Your choice..good luck!

by the way..you might want to consider what shipping does to a horse as well... If you ship yoru horse all over the world..it will need extra time to recover...or you risk injury again... This horse has would not only hjave run three times in 5 weeks, done a work out, BUT ALSO traveled back and forth from the United States to Chile....

I wouldn't turn my back on this horse in your barn..you can count on him to bite you..he is angry!
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Rob is right. There is a very good chance he could get hurt. Plenty of horses have been injured from over-working, and especially over-racing.

Edit: AND over-shipping! It looks like you shipped him to Canterbury today...AND Argentina. That poor horse is going to be exhausted!
Inspiration Stud
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

yes i no im scratching
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I think I'd "downshift" (sorry, couldn't help it hehehe) a bit on this horse asap.

Trial Park and plenty of rest are your friends.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

is trail park the cheepest track and i was told he was good for this week so im racing then time off...
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Trial Park is a newbie only track so the competition isn't nearly as strong. As such, you should probably be racing your horses there whenever you can as that way you'd be taking the path of least resistance to your horses coming home in the money.

Good luck man, I hope he runs well for ya.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

mike eaton wrote: is trail park the cheepest track and i was told he was good for this week so im racing then time off...
wait who told you that ou were good for this week.

I know that nothing annoys me more then people who post requesting advice, then ignore it, then whine when they should have take it. So no whining aloud when you kill that horse.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

well i like the advice i scratched then re entered because was told mine would be fine for week 12 so im taking there advice if something happens to him ill give him the time off to fix him i asked the vet and he said his legs were fine so i figure he will be okay
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I never put a decent horse (Be My Faith excluded) in a stakes race unless A., I actually think he/she can win or B., it's a very short field and they're virtually guaranteed to pick up a check. Maidens should always run in maiden fields though.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

and now he is in the maidens and expect him to do good A because he is in the maidens B because he is back to destance and C because the equitment should be better if he wins i think he may be ok in the bc
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)