Noble Causeway

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

I just was given my first stud from Lynn Dvorak! thanks lynn.....and anyone wanna send some mares his way please do i will lower the stud fee to anything just to get some more foals out there here is his page <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=27293' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=27293</a>
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

also what do you think the stud fee should be
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Well, seeing as he has only one two year-old winner, I'd keep him at a comfy 2 to 3 thousand dollars, and see if he gets better.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

well then im giving people a good deal now at $500
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

anyone interested in breeding to him this year?
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

Who owns it ?
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

me
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

And now we've hit another issue that alot of people seem to ignore when they're told the truth. As fun as it sounds to have stallions, unless they're world beaters like Ghostzapper, Lost Soldier or Villain, only the stallion owner will be sending mares to the stallion. Sure, there are a few people who may send a stallion one mare a year, but that usually is rare, especially for a horse like Noble Causeway, who has one winner in two crops.

My stallions Medallist and Scottish Halo BOTH stopped receiving outside mares last year, and haven't received any mares except my own since then (pardon me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember any outside breedings since then). I've also been debating pensioning Scottie for about a month now, although I haven't yet since his yearlings are not only his best bred, but are also working very well. And while Refuse to Bend has a couple of outside breedings this year, since I raised his stud fee he's had absolutely no mares sent to him.

I also used to own about 6 stallions, and it became such a headache to find my OWN mares to send to my own stallions, I SOLD or simply GAVE AWAY almost every one of them. So do not be surprised that nobody is breeding to Noble Causeway. You've been told this, so expect to have to find your own mares, and do not count on earning stud fees to cover his board and day rate. It will not happen.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nathan Sellers
Turf Router

Post by Nathan Sellers »

Mike, Ecchoing what Nikki just said, I would imagine that if Nobel Causeway gets many mares it will be from your own barn. The best way to build up his stallion figures will be to breed your own mares to him. Most people would rather send their mares to the better stallions.
Greatest $95,000
Winner of 9 Grade 1s!

Evenmoneyfavorite $25,000
25 Winners from 1st crop, including Betterbetdabestbet!

Sky of Mysteries $30,000
66% winners, Avg. Earnings = $ 38,000 & Sire of SC Sprint Champion Sky Ruler!

Daring $15,000
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

Don't do anything to RTB. I like him, and will continue to give him some support.

Anyways, I own NC's full sister, and she preferred sprints. I think NC will be more sprintyish too.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Nikki,

I might have a mare or two for Scottish Halo. I have one from him right now and in her two workouts she's done well. Don't pension yet please!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Gabby I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about Scottie specifically. I don't have any intentions of pensioning Refuse to Bend anytime soon, unless the SIM does it for me.

And thanks to Jade about Scottie. I actually had somebody breed to him today (THANKS!!!!), and since I still have fun naming his foals (I try and name mine after cities/towns in Scotland), I'm going to give him one more year.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

NikkiSherman wrote: I've also been debating pensioning Scottie for about a month now, although I haven't yet since his yearlings are not only his best bred, but are also working very well.
Please don't pension me! I have lots of good years left!
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

HAHA Randall....

wait I mean Scott
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Hey Mike a stud fee should reflect the stallions potential (proven in the SIM or not). There are many under priced guys to choose from now, some worth it and others not so much. In order to attract attention, some owners will have extremely low stud fees, just to have some attention. $500.00 is a pretty cheap (and I would say reasonable)fee and if people know about it, it might help attract attention (the intense breeding time is soon upon us!).

As others have touched on, it really helps to have several nice mares to help in the proving your stallions worth before it will get outside attention. If the kids do nice, then interest will pick up. Since his crop is pretty small and young, it is just that much tougher to attract attention.

I have seen others run a "special" on their guys and try to pimp them out. I am not sure how well it works, but it did draw attention. Good luck with Noble Causeway!