Explode: Retiring At The End Of Year 19

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I've been sitting around over the last few weeks just waiting to get Explode into the breeding shed at the end of this year, and I've been contemplating the best way to get him some classy mares, so here's what I've come up with:

For Year 19 only:
-Anyone who breeds a graded stakes winning or graded stakes producing mare to EXPLODE will receive a free breeding to any of my stallions (including Ghostzapper). This can be used in either Year 19 or Year 20, and can be used regardless of any fee changes that may come about.

For Year 20, fertility of all stallions pending:
-Anyone who breeds a graded stakes winning or graded stakes producing mare to EXPLODE will receive their choice of a $75,000 breeding to Ghostzapper (his regular fee will start between $150,000 and $200,000, like this year) or a free breeding to any of my other stallions (potentially a $100,000 value depending on your choice of stallion). This can be used in Year 20.

-If the same graded stakes winning or graded stakes producing mare is bred to EXPLODE in Year 19 AND Year 20, you'll receive your Year 19 prize, and I'll double the Year 20 incentives (2 $75k Ghostzapper breedings or 2 free breedings to any of my other stallions).

Explode's own fee will be set between $25,000 and $35,000, depending on how he performs later this year and in the Breeders' Cup Sprint. So, if you've got a nice sprint mare who happens to be relatively free of Satelite, Lost Soldier, or Symbol (or has any of those three far enough back that you don't mind the inbreeding), you can kill two birds with one stone and get yourself a fast foal by Explode and a pretty slick date for one of your other mares in the process!
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

*hums quietly while updating a chart*

Off to tell my mares the good news!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I know I have mares for him. His pedigree says: Breed to me.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

;) Have had one lined up for him foreeeeeeeeeeeever. Sadly, not of the level to qualify, but atleast in my head she'll be there in a year or two. She'll visit him anyway, of course!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I have a bunch of mares I'd definitely consider sending his way! One that I'd really like to send to him is the dam of Octave, who is by Dr. Carter. And we all know how well Dr. Carter mares love that Lost Soldier! In the SIM, she isn't graded stakes producing though. Would she qualify because of her real life status (I also think her yearling has enormous potential, and she only has a 2yo in the SIM of racing age), or should I send another mare his way?
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Nikki, send me a PM and we'll talk!
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Hum... I have a mare.. who was nothing spetacular herself.. who hasn't produced a stakes winner yet.. but the colt I'm thinking of, by Lost in the Fog, is stakes placed... would that count?
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

Becca Banner wrote:Hum... I have a mare.. who was nothing spetacular herself.. who hasn't produced a stakes winner yet.. but the colt I'm thinking of, by Lost in the Fog, is stakes placed... would that count? 
I'm very interested to answer of this question as well. I have a mare whose first foal is a 2YO of this year. That baby has won 2 of her 3 starts, with a third in a G2 stakes to round it out. I'm particularly interesting in breeding to Explode, whether she qualifies or not, really, since her yearling colt by Lost Soldier is doing well in his first workouts.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

For now, I'm going to stick with the (thrice-bolded) wording in the original post. Graded stakes winning or graded stakes producing. To clarify the graded stakes producing, I mean producers of graded stakes winners. Depending on the response he gets, I may loosen this up a little bit and remove the stipulation that the stakes be graded next year, but I want to see through one dry run here before I wind up giving away $5,000,000 in Ghostzapper breedings or something.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Eric Nalbone wrote: For now, I'm going to stick with the (thrice-bolded) wording in the original post. Graded stakes winning or graded stakes producing.  To clarify the graded stakes producing, I mean producers of graded stakes winners.
:lol:

Eric, you sometimes make my morning.

Also, Shetalkstoangels wants to visit next season. She's excited.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Oh well, my only graded stakes winners are a turf mare, a turf horse, a steeplechase gelding and a sprinter gelding. Maybe next year....
I'm just here for the fun of it
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Well, I chose a different mare, who's first foal just became a grade 2 winner, so I qualify after all. Yay :)
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

bump
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I was wondering how you are intending to do the free breedings to Ghostzapper once Explode retires. I may not be around much (although knowing me, I'll find a way to be on anyway) at that time, so I thought I'd ask now. Are you going to drop his fee for us, breed the mare yourself, or reimburse the money to us once we breed the mare? I'm just trying to figure out my money situation, since even though I'll be reimbursed if that's the route you're going, for a day or two I may be floundering under 150k and have to wait to breed some mares. :)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Nikki (and anyone else that is interested), I'm planning on reimbursing people's money after the foal has been bred.

This can be done by offering me a pensioned gelding/foal/yearling for the price of the stud fee, and then I'll send it back in 48 hours. I'll try to keep pretty careful notes, but remind me if I forget to give a horse back to you. If money is a problem and you don't have $150k to spare while you wait for me level out the money, once your eligible mare has been bred to Explode, I can give you the money for the stud fee in advance, and then you're not worrying about running yourself thin. Since the promotion allows for a free breeding to any of my stallions, just make the offer for whatever the stud fee of the stallion you intend to use is.

Remember, the promotion applies to the winners of graded stakes or the PRODUCERS of winners of graded stakes. If your mare doesn't fit the conditions laid out at the top of this thread, and you haven't run the situation by me in advance, it won't be a good thing to find out after the fact. If you have questions about the eligibility of the horse, please ask in advance. Let me know if there are any other questions!