DI Hardy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

DI Hardy

Post by Nena Olson »

I absolutely adore this colt! I was a bit iffy on his pedigree when I saw him in the TBS sale because of his sire, Taste of Shadows, but his name said to disregard that aspect of him so I did. For those who are unfamiliar, the name DI Hardy comes from the show Broadchurch (remember the TC spoiler, Broadchurch?) and is played by David Tennant, who also played Doctor Who. I also believe David Tennant is The Steward's favorite Doctor Who but I could be wrong on that. Now do you see why I said '* it' to his sire line? Exactly. His dam, Syrax (Game of Thrones book themed name) is out of Chutai, who was a very popular marathon mare and rival of my very own, Under Red Skies. Chutai won the SC Ladies Route and is out of Sentai (SC Ladies Route winner). Syrax is also half sister to G1 winner and millionaire, Targaryen, who was 2nd in the Baltimore Crown as a 3yo and 4th in the Louisville Derby.

I have read some negative thoughts about DI Hardy stretching out with thoughts of he can't do it or shocked when he did do it which sort of boggles my mind a bit. However, I could write a lot more words than I want to do without getting paid sim $ for so I will just say that nothing about his pedigree or his works say that he is just a miler or 8.5f horse. He is just a very, very fast front/right off the pace type horse who happened to be fast enough to run/win at a mile. To be honest, the only reason I didn't run in the SC Juvenile was because I thought that Tahoe would win by open lengths and wanted a SC win, so I went for the SC Futurity. Clearly, I was wrong in that scenario but hey, I got a SC win. Anyway, on to my beloved horse!

DI Hardy
[Taste of Shadows x Syrax by I and I]
Dark Bay Thoroughbred Stallion, 16H
TBS: $1.2 Million
Weather: No Preference

Fastest SF: 100
Fastest 4f: 44.60 -- fastest ever!
Fastest 5f: 56.96
Fastest 6f: 1:09.54
Fastest 7f: 1:23.38

Total Stats: 22: 12-5-3 - $5,209,500

1st - Maiden Special Weight, 1 Mile Dirt, 2yo Colts/Geldings, Fast Track (7 entries) - 97 SF (beat G2 winner, Why So Quiet by neck)
1st - G3 Graduation Year Stakes, 1 Mile Dirt, 2yo Open Gender, Fast Track (5 entries) 91 SF (beat G2 placed, Supercrew, by 5 lengths)
1st - G1 Long Island Futurity, 1 Mile Dirt, 2yo Open Gender, Fast Track (5 entries) 84 SF (beat 2 x G1 placed, Here Dancing, by 1 length)
1st - G1 Steward's Cup Futurity, 1 Mile Dirt, 2yo Colts/Geldings, Fast Track (8 entries) 100 SF (beat G1 winner, Warpath, by neck)
1st - G3 Loki Masterpiece Stakes, 1 1/16 Dirt, 3yos Open Gender, Fast Track (5 entries) 92 SF (beat SC Juvenile winner, Scanlon by a head)
2nd - G1 Southern California Derby, 1 1/8 Dirt, 3yos Open Gender, Fast Track (5) 95 SF (lost to Scanlon by a head, beat SC Juve Fillies winner, Swifty)
2nd - G1 Louisville Derby, 1 1/4 Dirt, 3yos Open Gender, Good Track (20) 89 SF (lost to Tahoe by 3/4 length)
2nd - G1 Baltimore Crown, 1 3/16 Dirt, 3yos Open Gender, Muddy Track (14) 79 SF (lost to Tahoe by 1 length)
1st - G1 Queen's Derby, 1 1/4 Dirt, 3yos Open Gender, Fast Track (5) 87 SF (beat SC Juve Fillies winner, Swifty by 1/2 length)
1st - Golden State Classic, 1 1/8 Dirt, 3yos+ Open Gender, Fast Track (5) 85 SF
5th - G1 Steward's Cup Classic, 1 1/4 Mile Dirt, 3yos+ Open Gender, Fast Track (12) 77 SF
1st - Sunny Sky Classic, 1 1/8 Mile Dirt, 4yo+ Open Gender, Restricted to FL/CA breds (9) 84 SF (beat Nick by 1 1/4 lengths)
4th - G1 Desert World Cup, 1 1/4 Mile Dirt, 4yo+ Open Gender (11) 84 SF
1st - G1 Louisville Classic, 1 1/8 Mile Dirt, 3yo+ Open Gender (6) 94 SF
2nd - G1 The Spa Classic, 1 1/8 Mile Dirt, 3yo+ Open Gender (5) 91 SF
1st - G3 Old Kentucky Mile, 1 Mile Dirt, 4yo Colts/Geldings (6) 88 SF
3rd - G1 Steward's Cup Dirt Mile, 1 Mile Dirt, 3yo+ Open Gender (11) 86 SF
1st - G1 Pegasus Dirt Mile, 1 Mile Dirt, 4yo+ Open Gender (6) 95 SF
2nd - G1 Desert Mile, 1 Mile Dirt, 4yo+ Open Gender (8) 99 SF
3rd - G1 Louisville Classic, 1 1/8 Mile Dirt, 3yo+ Open Gender (5) 91 SF
3rd - G2 Starting Rumor Stakes, 1 1/4 Mile Dirt, 3yo+ Open Gender (5) 82 SF
1st - Mountain Mile Stakes, 1 Mile Dirt, 3yo+ Open Gender (5) 89 SF
4th - G1 Steward's Cup Dirt Mile, 1 Mile Dirt, 3yo+ Open Gender (11) 100 SF
Last edited by Nena Olson 7 years ago, edited 20 times in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Re: DI Hardy

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

I'm guessing you're referencing my post Nena. I really like DI Hardy and think he is a phenomenal horse as well, so I don't want to hijack this thread. I just want to say that I hope I am proven wrong. It would be fantastic to see the SC Futurity winner go out and win the Derby (and/or Crown)!

No matter how he performs in the Triple Crown races, he is a great horse and one we'll enjoy following. I'm just some schlub, but hopefully my little articles can drum up some more discussion about the Triple Crown hopefuls and the races :)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Thanks TCR :) It's been a few comments here or there heh but yes, your article triggered it lol. Mostly because I always felt my horse was a router and not a miler so Im more shocked at his mile performances than I am his route performances! His route races are what I was expecting him to do all along haha.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I put him in my TCT picks because he has one of the fastest 7f workouts of all time. That usually seems to translate to them running 10-12 furlongs.
AT STUD
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Cleo Patra wrote:I put him in my TCT picks because he has one of the fastest 7f workouts of all time. That usually seems to translate to them running 10-12 furlongs.
Thanks Cleo, that is how I felt about him too before he started racing. He is also in my TCT (duh lol) He only went the mile debut because of his 45.7 work. I wasn't expecting him to go undefeated at that distance! Routing is his real calling, in my opinion. The miler results were just an added bonus :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Cleo Patra wrote:I put him in my TCT picks because he has one of the fastest 7f workouts of all time. That usually seems to translate to them running 10-12 furlongs.
In one of the 'ask Em anything' segments, The Steward said you can't find out anything about the distance a horse will run well at based on the distance of a timed workout. A talented horse can have a fast 2f work and a fast 7f workout. That doesn't mean it is a sprinter or a marathoner. The only difference between the works is the amount of fitness (and fatigue) the horse gains from the work. Two of my most talented works horses are a prime example. They were two Stay Inside fillies that were never going to be able to go a step past 9 furlongs, but Stay in the North had the 16th best yearling workout at 7 furlongs in Y35, and I Wake and Wonder had the 22nd best 7f workout.

DI Hardy's fast 7f workout "simply" means he is an extremely talented horse, and that talent has been on full display when the lights are brightest. Hopefully for Nena that continues.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

DI Hardy ran a very respectable 2nd to Tahoe in the Louisville Derby and lost by less than a length so I cannot be mad at him at all. I'm a wee bit sad because well, defeat heh, but I'm super proud of him! He always tries his hardest and I know he will bring his A Game in Baltimore!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Congrats, Nena, and good luck in Baltimore!
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Congrats to Nena and DI for a great Derby. He didn't quite get the roses, but he did close on Tahoe a bit down the stretch and is probably the second favorite going into the Crown. Hope he has a great trip Friday!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

And he has such a wicked headshot!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Thanks guys! My fingers are crossed that he has a Crown in his future heh
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Nena Olson wrote:DI Hardy ran a very respectable 2nd to Tahoe in the Louisville Derby
"Respectable?!" Homie ran his EYES out.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Scott Eiland wrote:
Nena Olson wrote:DI Hardy ran a very respectable 2nd to Tahoe in the Louisville Derby
"Respectable?!" Homie ran his EYES out.
Seriously this.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

He DID run very well! I am not saying he didn't :) I'm very proud of his second place finish!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

DI Hardy once again came 2nd best behind Tahoe in the Baltimore Crown. Tried his heart out but just can't catch the freaky Tahoe! I don't think I am going to the Long Island Classic but right now, I am unsure of my plans for DI. Super proud of his effort, once again, and hope he can find the winner's circle soon! The end goal *may* be the SC Dirt Mile but I am not sure yet!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚