Thank You Invasor

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Josh Dutzy
Classic Contender

Post by Josh Dutzy »

Finally, a marquee Grade 1 race with a wide open and solid full-field.....

<a href='http://racing.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=39921' target='_blank'>Whitney</a>
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

go Sun King!
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I would have loved for Invasor to be still racing

but I must pick someone go flashy bull
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

YAY!!! GOOOOO FLASHY!!!
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I was talking to a regular today about it and we decided that it was one of thoses races that if you ran it 10 times you'd get a different winner everytime. Makes it an awesome betting race. Flashy Bull seems to really be coming into his own, but this won't be a cake walk for him. It should be a great watching race and betting race!
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

Go Papi Chullo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miryam
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

GO FLASHY!

Or...GO EVERYONE! I like every horse in this field...
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Yeeeeeeah... a G1 with a big, wide open field... full of G2 and G3 horses. SCORE.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Flashy Bull is a G1 winner. There really aren't that many horses out there that are G1 horses right now. So someone has to run for the money. At least we get a nice 12 horse field instead of a crappy 5 horse field. Where is the fun in a 5 horse field? There isn't one. Octave has had 2 G1's handed to her basically cause there aren't any horses showing up.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

I've been following Flashy Bull since he was a 2yo, so I don't need a refresher on his record... but he's still got to step up his game if he wants to really be considered elite. He barely held on last time out... the horse he was holding off, Magna Graduate, has never shown he's a legit G1-type. Diamond Stripes, beaten 1/2 a length that day and back in the Whitney, had only a G3 win to his name. For what it's worth, Brass Hat is also a G1 winner. But this is Saratoga. This is the Whitney. I want to see the elite of the elite... and this field, which is a good group given what's around, just isn't that exciting. It's not like this is a race that doesn't usually get a good-sized group... last year had 9 (including Invasor, Flower Alley, and Premium Tap). 2005 had 8 including Commentator and Saint Liam. 9, including Roses In May, Perfect Drift, and Peace Rules, showed up in 2004. Medaglia d'Oro lead seven others across the line in 2003, including Volponi, Evening Attire, Saarland, etc. The only recent short field the Whitney's gotten was in 2002. And among the six that showed up were a DWC winner, a Travers winner, a BC Juvie winner, the defending champ, and, ya' know, Left Bank.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I imagine that with the new BC Policy of "win and you're in" we're liable to see more fields full of quality. This is the first race that qualifies for the "win and you're in" thing too, so hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Susie Raisher wrote: and this field, which is a good group given what's around, just isn't that exciting.
That's exactly my point. There isnt' anything else. Most of the big 3yo's are going to run against elders yet, not when they've got all those big 3yo races still left. With all the retirements/injuries/lay offs this year this is the best you could hope for. A group of talented older horses battling it out to gain G1 status. This is the kind of race that horse racing needs. A nice evenly matched, large field where any one of them could step up and win. This is the kind of race that people bet on because thye can make money on it. we need more people to bet, so we need more races just like this. Sure it's nice when Invaso could show up, do his thing, win easy,we can all ooh and ahh over his wonderfulness and he pay's 2.20 2.10 2.10. The only people excited about those payouts are the brdge jumpers. However the field is probably cut in half and the race isn't exciting, even though we got to see invasor crush everyone yet again.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Omg Miryam has llama silks!!!! (yes that has no relation to the Whitney)

Flashy Bull is one beautiful horse.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Nice, nice race. Good for Lawyer Ron!