I Love This Game! But....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

feel hated because oof mistakes i make...im going to learn from my mistakes i hate being hated for them please let me try to regain your trust
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

Mike you are by no means hated! Just take the advice given by the more exsperienced players and continue to try, Maybe slow down a little bit. This is a game to enjoy and things dont come easy or fast, you do have to work at it. Most players are well meaning, so hang in there and try to think twice about things. Taking good care of your horses and asking questions nicely when your not sure will gain you trust. We all love this game very much and our emotions for these horses are real. And remember, Everyone makes mistakes, just learn from them and have fun!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It seems that several players come in here a tad "overeager" and in the end they all work out once they stop to listen and learn!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

You're definitely not hated, and enthusiasm can be a good thing but it needs to be moderated with a dose of common sense (coming to the realization that you don't know something is a good start).

Oh, and personal pet peeve, not anything bad - pleeeaaasse learn to use appropriate capitalization, pretty please with sugar on it? (yes, I'm more than a bit retentive/OCD)
I'm just here for the fun of it
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Ok I just type sorry
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Mike, no one hates you... people just have very little patience. You're doing fine here, and every experience is a learning one for everyone involved. Just don't be afraid to ask questions about anything, there will always be someone more then happy to answer them.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Ok than I have a simple question. Do you think keepitfancy <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=27216' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=27216</a>
was worth 10k?
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I am not the best at figuring out horses distance- just a little note before hand

I dunno, I sometimes take gamble's with horses that have that record for 10k, maybe after this next race a few weeks off and try again at 1 1/16 which she had her 2nd place finish

only time will tell if that filly will be worth it
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Yes, I think Keepitfancy is worth the $10k you paid for her. She's actually placed very well in this upcoming turf sprint claiming race, though if you can find a maiden claimer afterwards around Week 14, that would be even better. She's bred to run 8f or less on the turf, so keep her around there an in the easiest competition you can find and she might be a nice runner for you.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Yea I was looking for a cheep turf race for her this week someplace that was not far away and there was none fitting that description so i put her in a cheep claimer.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

mike I would go with what eric said
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

THAT is what we were waiting for, Mike. For you to listen to our suggestions, and I thank you for that. The race you have her entered in is PERFECT. I have trouble with any of my A Bus babies winning at any distance farther than 5 furlongs, so I really like that race you have her in.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds