Contest for the new/junior players!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Contest for the new/junior players!

Post by Carole Hanson »

Hello! So I was recently inspired by another player's post to create a new/junior player contest of my own. It's a pretty simple contest and I hope the prize can be useful for a new player out there. Here goes:

This is Reaching New Highs, she is a 'stakes' galloping yearling that is a turf sprinter. Now my barn is not filled with superstars so I cannot give her away fully, but I am happy to lease her out to a new player for her 2yo season (for free of course!). Personally I think that that is the time when a turf sprinter can make some really good cash as there are many stakes races scattered across the SIM going on every week for 2yos specifically! And the great thing is, she is a turf sprinter and so she can start week 1 straight away! I will also allow the winner to breed her first foal once she retires and I will offer to pay the stud fee of the stud you choose.

Originally, I wanted you to guess, based upon her works, what her 3 furlong work would be like in week 15, Saturday. However, I then realised she'd be tired if you tried to race her week 1. So instead, here's the contest:

Queen of Atlantis is a 'freak' galloping turf router who I am quite fond of working because she really blitzes the track ;) This coming week (week 15, Saturday) I am going to work her at 6 furlongs on the turf as this is one distance where she hasn't yet made me go 'woah!'. Your job is to guess what her time will be for that workout! I will not be training her at all leading up to the workout and she has been on a steady schedule of just a weekly workout. But, also keep in mind, she just went a super fast 5 furlongs, so you might want to factor that in, she might have a sort of 'bounce' workout (as in she went so fast she might now go slower, though that's not necessarily true).

I will be taking guesses until Week 15 Friday post time. I would ask that you please post in this thread only. And just making sure everyone understands, this contest is for new or junior players only, so as long as you're a new/junior player when entering this contest, you're eligible, even if your status changes by the time you might get to race the filly.

Best of luck!
Shan State
Sprinter

Re: Contest for the new/junior players!

Post by Shan State »

1:10.05
Rod Pyke
Two Year Old

Post by Rod Pyke »

1:10.08
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

1:10.01
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Awesome Karl
Derby Contender

Post by Awesome Karl »

1:10.12
The Master (Turf Router) Stud Fee $10,000. 1 free breeding per player to a mare that hypos A-, A or A+.
Melanie Waters
Two Year Old

Post by Melanie Waters »

1:10.07
Howard Cake
Sprinter

Post by Howard Cake »

1:10.15
Mats Jonsson
Classic Contender

Post by Mats Jonsson »

1:10.06
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress.
You're still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.
Jared Radley
Miler

Post by Jared Radley »

1:10.13
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

1.10 Flat
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Glad to see so many entries already, keep them coming ;)
Scott Hortness
Two Year Old

Post by Scott Hortness »

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Entries closing tonight at post time! As I said, I will work the filly Week 15 Saturday, but as I live in Britian, for some of you that might mean she'll be worked whilst you're still asleep so I'm sorry about that but in the end the result will be the same ;)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Final bump before I'm off to sleep (currently 10 minutes to midnight here!)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It was close but Joseph Depaulo picked 1:10 flat and the filly ran it in 1:09.99 so congrats Joseph! You get to race Reaching New Highs next year!

Thank you to all participants! :)