Hall of Fame Y43

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Hall of Fame Y43

Post by Danny Derby »

I'd like to nominate Zipless II in the Steeplechase Male category.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Danny Derby wrote:I'd like to nominate Zipless II in the Steeplechase Male category.
Seconded!

I love Sidney.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Zipped To Quick - Paint Female

She was a first generation paint when the mixers were first released onto the SIM before the Steward's Cup existed for them. Her highest career SF was an 86 which was in the big Paint Ladies Classic, which was the big race for Paint sprinter fillies before the SC came about.

21: 11-4-3 - $390,200
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

This is tricky because I think this will just turn into a free-for-all where people will be nominating their own horses despite not being that great. We'll see how it goes.

Paint Male:
Woxhoox - 2x SC winner, top male points earner
Days of Gold
Shockfly
Hockey Mafia
Hollis Wood

Paint Female:
Cash Monkey
Bhupali
Dixie Gold
Whoopsshesstreakin
Sneaky Indian
Notreallyapainter
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Amusing that the reason this came about was so that the non dirt route horses could get in but we got horses like Maelstrom and Amber/Clearly Best nominated so may as well forget Right Hand Man, etc. maybe there should be a dirt route category and a non dirt route category.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ramey Furney
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Ramey Furney »

I'd like to nominate 3 time Steward's Cup winner Pacey's Boy for Pacer Male. He also won the Simmy for Champion Older Male Pacer, Pacer Champion Three Year Old Male and Pacer Champion Two Year Old Male.

I'd also like to nominate the exceptional sire Battle Creek Road for Trotter Male. He sired multiple Simmy and Steward's Cup winners including 2 of the top Trotter sires in Quarter Hog and Up Around The Bend.
Sires

Crown Thy King~ Freak Streak~ Fire Strike~ Struck Fire
Malik
Penned in Ink~ corgi
Ghost Pepper

New Sire for Year 47 ~ Sparksfly Wildside
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

J K Rowling wrote:This is tricky because I think this will just turn into a free-for-all where people will be nominating their own horses despite not being that great. We'll see how it goes.
Yea I agree, but I was focusing on mixers and others had already been mentioned. I know if I left it at that I wonder if anyone really would have Mentioned Sneaky. And due to voting, i doubt she'll see it for a while lol. Either way, its nice to see others beside TBs showing up.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Nena Olson wrote:Amusing that the reason this came about was so that the non dirt route horses could get in but we got horses like Maelstrom and Amber/Clearly Best nominated so may as well forget Right Hand Man, etc. maybe there should be a dirt route category and a non dirt route category.
That's EXACTLY where I noticed this thread going. Glad I'm not the only one...

Not that I have anything against dirt routers, but they do seem to be the Hollywood elite of the SIM. Everyone else is just one line in an Oscar thank you speech.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:
Nena Olson wrote:Amusing that the reason this came about was so that the non dirt route horses could get in but we got horses like Maelstrom and Amber/Clearly Best nominated so may as well forget Right Hand Man, etc. maybe there should be a dirt route category and a non dirt route category.
That's EXACTLY where I noticed this thread going. Glad I'm not the only one...

Not that I have anything against dirt routers, but they do seem to be the Hollywood elite of the SIM. Everyone else is just one line in an Oscar thank you speech.
Yea, when you have stars like Right Hand Man not included in the Hall of Fame.. it makes me sad that people automatically start bringing up the dirt routers when they will get nominated as soon as nominations go back to their old way. Now was the chance for the non dirt routers to shine and they will get swept under the rug again :(

I am going to nominate Good of the People for Broodmare. She may not have been the most stellar racehorse but she was a brilliant turf miler broodmare with 6 $1 mil+ earners and progeny earnings of a little over $12 million.
Last edited by Nena Olson 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I second Good of the People though she should probably be in the broodmare category rather than thoroughbred mare as thats where she really shined.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I didn't even see the Broodmare category lol. My bad, yes I nominate her for that one!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Since we seem to be hung up on dirt routers for the TB nomination, here's a small list of eligible TB males that are currently not in the HOF:

Lost
Hemi Cuda
Cosmonaut
Saturn
Pincay
Nicholas
Tulloch
Commitisize
Tattered
Feat
Perfect Night
Hand of God
July
Star Signs
Star Studded
Punishment

ETA:
Sic Transit Gloria
Look Close
American Baby
Adjust the Sound
Mighty Big
Goodguywearsblack
Black Night
Vernacular

Bonus: Solace was undefeated 12 for 12 on turf, a millionaire, and the dam of 3 other millionaires.
Bonus 2: Tachyons, winner of the $2 million SC F&M Sprint in Y16, also the dam of 3 millionaires (2 of them with over $2 million in earnings)
Bonus 3: Cherish, undefeated 6 for 6 with just shy of $1 million earnings, dam of 2 millionaires, all offspring are 6-figure earners.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

It is crazy that none of these horses are in the Hall Of Fame... wow! I strongly encourage those that may be newer to the SIM, or who were after these horses' time to look them up. They are all amazing equines that deserve to be in the Hall of Fame for their accomplishments.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

And despite the inevitability that an AW horse will get 0 attention on the ballot, I'm nominating Seraph. He had a decent record on the track, but in his one start on AW he posted a record time that has yet to be beaten 16 years later. He was so successful as a sire that he literally took over the AW sprint gene pool. To this day I'm not sure there are any current AW sprint broodmares without him in their pedigrees. Even at 21 and long pensioned his progeny have the highest earnings of any AW sprint sire.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

I'm new around here and don't exactly know how the voting process works (I'm sure I could look it up, but I'm also lazy), but it sounds to me like separate voting procedures should be done for each division ... that way, each year (or every other year), at least one (or two, or whatever number is set) horse in each division (Paint, Appaloosa, Arabian, trotters etc.) gets in. Otherwise it seems there's a lot of under-representation.

Besides, more Hall of Fame horses equals more Hall of Fame profiles to do, and more SIM moolah in my bank account!
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.