Hall of Fame Y43

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: Hall of Fame Y43

Post by Dan Kauffman »

I also suggested to Em a couple months back that it could be a good idea for different people to organize nominations/votes for different categories they are interested in. I would be all for doing turf routers, for instance. (Turf routers don't seem to be one of the short-changed divisions though, heh.)
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

How is Notable Dancer not in the Hall of Fame?!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

I'm a small Hall guy. If I have to look up your horse to find out what it did, it shouldn't be in the Hall. A couple grade 1s does not a contender make. The very best of the best. in fact, I think we should get the baseball writers who vote for the cooperstown HOF involved. That'll be an easy to understand process that generates no unnecessary drama!
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Those last two sentences made me wonder about the validity of the first three.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Scott Eiland wrote:I'm a small Hall guy. If I have to look up your horse to find out what it did, it shouldn't be in the Hall. A couple grade 1s does not a contender make. The very best of the best. in fact, I think we should get the baseball writers who vote for the cooperstown HOF involved. That'll be an easy to understand process that generates no unnecessary drama!
Yea but how many turf sprinters/milers/routers, dirt sprinters/milers do you even know?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Northern Most was unraced but is the dam of Andre (Arc winner, 2x Desert Turf Classic winner, $5.5 million earnings), Greatest (Cox Trophy winner, Chicago Million winner, Desert Duty Free winner, nearly $3 million earnings), Well Traveled (Cox Trophy winner, $2.3 million earnings), Will to Succeed (Desert Duty Free winner, $1.2 million earnings), Ethier ($1.1 million earnings), Pinnacle ($1.1 million earnings), Ninja, Mostly in the Dark and Dark Implications. Total progeny earnings are over $18.6 million.
Art Vandelay
Derby Contender

Post by Art Vandelay »

I'm confused....I know shocking. :)

But Tammy asked
Postby Tammy Stawicki » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:27 pm
What are the timing rules for broodmares. Is is still simply retired for 10 years or is it instead pensioned for 10 years?
And Em replied....
by The Steward » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:51 pm
Just retired - that should give about 6 horses on the racetrack at least to prove their mettle.
Doesn't that mean Maryland Million is eligible in the broodmare category?
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Nena Olson wrote:
Scott Eiland wrote:I'm a small Hall guy. If I have to look up your horse to find out what it did, it shouldn't be in the Hall. A couple grade 1s does not a contender make. The very best of the best. in fact, I think we should get the baseball writers who vote for the cooperstown HOF involved. That'll be an easy to understand process that generates no unnecessary drama!
Yea but how many turf sprinters/milers/routers, dirt sprinters/milers do you even know?
Whatever do you mean? I know my turf routers and milers and dirt milers short runners and I'm learning quick turf munchers too. Been leasing turf munch mares left and right! Don't tell me what I don't know Nena stop being mean (three snaps)
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Art Vandelay
Derby Contender

Post by Art Vandelay »

Oh I think I got it...They have to be retired for 10 years, but not necessarily pensioned.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Art Vandelay wrote:Oh I think I got it...They have to be retired for 10 years, but not necessarily pensioned.
Yeah, Em's wording looks a little weird when taken out of context. But you are correct here. Retired for at least 10 years, not retired + pensioned for 10 years. Since MM retired Y34, she'll be eligible Y44.
Art Vandelay
Derby Contender

Post by Art Vandelay »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Oh I think I got it...They have to be retired for 10 years, but not necessarily pensioned.
Yeah, Em's wording looks a little weird when taken out of context. But you are correct here. Retired for at least 10 years, not retired + pensioned for 10 years. Since MM retired Y34, she'll be eligible Y44.
Thanks Maddie :D
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

A suggestion. It looks like we skipped one round of voting, for the reasons stated in the Steward's first post at the start of this thread. What if the two top vote-getters from each category, or at least each horse category, got in? That would put us back where we should be, numbers-wise, after the voting this break.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Look Close for sure. Undefeated winner of the Sprint Champs and the Cup, his impact on dirt sprint breeding is phenomenal. Sire of 12 millionaires (and counting), and sire of sires and broodmares. With average earnings per runner over 70K, I think he's earned his spot. And I/m a little confused by the timing, but Delorean isn't quite eligible yet, although it's borderline?
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

oh, and Battle Creek Road for the trotter...
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Gigi Gofaster wrote:And I/m a little confused by the timing, but Delorean isn't quite eligible yet, although it's borderline?
I was wondering about this too, which is why I left him off my initial list. He retired Y33, which would mean 10 years this year. He might be eligible for the Y43 awards...