Hall of Fame Y43

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Re: Hall of Fame Y43

Post by Inca Stables »

Florida Keys. I would add more but that would mean I need to do research.

Inca Stables
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

As much as I'd love to help out, it'd require so much more research alone than I can think of, so just off the top of my head, some Arabians I think deserve mention would be, though most of the horses who've had the biggest impact on the breed haven't been retired as long:

Bobbie Girl - the first Arabian millionaire, looooooooooooooooong before there were any big purses. She was an iron horse.
Gametime Desciion - A monster sprinter back in her day and two time Arabian Ladies Dash winner.
Guardian of Truth - Likely to have a long influence in the shed as the sire of Cat's Eye and The Assassin Creed who's been an excellent broodmare and runner so far. And a SC winner himself.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I'm nominating Woxhoox for paint male. Two time SC winner, won races from 2-9. He holds the All time record for wins for paints, and he's in the top 10 for everything else. He held most of those records for a long time but the younger horses have caught up to him. He ran 39 times and was in the top 3 for 35 of those races; I think this is impressive because he ran with the wrong equipment until he was 7. That's how I remember when we got the option to pay GP for an equipment piece, because it frustrated me to know his record could have been a lot better.

This guy's been forgotten because he's a gelding and I'd really like to see him get some recognition.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

QH Male- Delicious Demon (23: 17-4-1) The all time stakes wins leader, second in all time wins and third in all time points among QH sprinters. Also, a 2 time Simmy Winner. Did I mention his awesome headshot? Oh, and his cool name (Ghostfreak x Honeybutt) Delicious Demon. Ok, I guess some of that doesn't matter.
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Ramey Furney
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Ramey Furney »

Thought of 2 more to nominate.

Love - Thoroughbred female. 13 starts with 11 wins, over $1 Million in earnings and Simmy's for South African Horse of the Year, South Pacific Champion Older Female, South African Champion Two Year Old Filly and South Pacific Champion Two Year Old Filly.

Ease - Thoroughbred Male. 15 starts with 12 wins, 2 seconds. 5 Grade 1 wins including a Steward's Cup win and over $2.6 Million in earnings. Earned the Simmy for South African Champion Sprinter and Asian Champion Sprinter.
Sires

Crown Thy King~ Freak Streak~ Fire Strike~ Struck Fire
Malik
Penned in Ink~ corgi
Ghost Pepper

New Sire for Year 47 ~ Sparksfly Wildside
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Ramey Furney wrote: Ease - Thoroughbred Male. 15 starts with 12 wins, 2 seconds. 5 Grade 1 wins including a Steward's Cup win and over $2.6 Million in earnings. Earned the Simmy for South African Champion Sprinter and Asian Champion Sprinter.
This guy (and his dam) needs a headshot!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Trotter possibles:

Battle Creek Road

Flyingaroundthebend

Up Around the Bend

Will Be

Mare - Kick It Up a Notch (though she does not have a headshot)

You Will Be Glad

Dreamabouthoney

My One Honey
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

While I think this is closed... I am slightly shocked to find that KISMET isnt in the Hall of Fame. What?!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

What in the heck? Can we have her as a write-in candidate for Broodmare?
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Nena Olson wrote:While I think this is closed... I am slightly shocked to find that KISMET isnt in the Hall of Fame. What?!
Wait, WHAT? How did we all miss that??
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I'm super late to this party, but has anybody discussed the absurdity of a vote that will induct the same number of pacer males into the HOF as thoroughbreds? Wouldn't that be like including a special bat boy category on the same baseball HOF ballot as, say, Derek Jeter?
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Also, why on earth isn't there an AW category? If every mixer category has a vote, why not Madel...er...AW?

I would vote for 3/6 in the TB male category. Too bad we only get to have one when those three are arguably more deserving than 50% of current HOF members. (I'm looking at you, Babe Ruth.)
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

John Slotmon wrote:Also, why on earth isn't there an AW category? If every mixer category has a vote, why not Madel...er...AW?

I would vote for 3/6 in the TB male category. Too bad we only get to have one when those three are arguably more deserving than 50% of current HOF members. (I'm looking at you, Babe Ruth.)
I would be a-okay with an AW category so that someday Happy Snowman can be included in the HoF which won't happen until that happens lol.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

John Slotmon wrote:I'm super late to this party, but has anybody discussed the absurdity of a vote that will induct the same number of pacer males into the HOF as thoroughbreds? Wouldn't that be like including a special bat boy category on the same baseball HOF ballot as, say, Derek Jeter?
The breed registries all have their own HoF in real life. Should AQHA not have one because thoroughbreds exist? I don't see why it's such an issue. They don't compete with each other at all and one breeds' accomplishments doesn't devalue the other.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Would I love an AW category? Heck yes. Will it ever happen? Definitely not. Although I'd be totally ok with calling it the "Madelene Gilbert's Special Distinction Award" (thanks for the idea Slots).

I get WHY we'll never see Thoroughbred sub-categories, but it's really frustrating. Mixers not only have fewer numbers than TBs (and therefore a smaller pool of potential candidates), but they all started at the same time, so it's an even playing field so to speak. It's really annoying that chasers have their own category, because even though it's limited to TBs, they're as different from flat racing as Mixers are to TBs.

Anything that isn't a dirt router is at a significant disadvantage for a HOF award, and AW significantly more so because they got a late start and don't have the same purse/stakes opportunities. Compare a Louisville Derby/Desert World Cup/SC Classic multi-million earning horse to a multiple G1 winning, just-broke-a-million earning AW horse and the former will always win. Essentially, we're being asked to vote on apples and oranges using a standard to describe the perfect apple. The orange has no chance.

That said, I'm very happy to finally see TWO all weather horses make the ballot. Someone was listening to the feedback, and I really appreciate it!