Hall of Fame Y43

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame Y43

Post by The Steward »

So I've purposely missed a couple years of Hall of Fame voting now, which is supposed to be every-other-year. People were not happy with the last few rounds of ballots (too many routers, missed an Appy here and there, why are insanely good broodmares allowed in, etc and so forth and wah).

But I know it should happen again, so I propose a new idea: you guys do the research and nominate the horses here in this thread, and we can get second and third nominations and argue and all that, then I will put it to voting like normal.

Here are the categories:

Thoroughbred Male
Thoroughbred Female
Paint Male
Paint Female
Appy Male
Appy Female
Arabian Male
Arabian Female
Trotter Male
Trotter Female
Pacer Male
Pacer Female
QH Male
QH Female
Broodmare (any breed)

Then I'm in charge of the person vote.

Please post nominations and reasons why that horse should be nominated by W16 Wednesday. Remember the horses must have been retired for TEN SIM years to be nominated. Then we can vote during the longy break. Ready, GO!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Re: Hall of Fame Y43

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

This thread will likely call for another Slotmon giveaway.....
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

Thoroughbred Male. I'd like to nominate Dr. Ghazi. Multiple Grade One winner on two surfaces (Dirt and AW). Multiple Steward's Cup winner at two distances. He was 5 for 5 perfect (4 Grade ones) on the All Weather surface and would have been the greatest of all-time on the surface if not for being handicapped by a slow-witted owner. He went on to be a strong sire with over $23 million in Progeny Earnings.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=147380
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

QH Male. I'd like to nominate Gold Blinker. 12-time Stakes winner at the 400 yard distance including the Star of Stars. Won over $1.1 million making him Goldmine's second highest earner after Hall of Famer, My Midas Touch.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=133487
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Thoroughbred Turf Routers

TEARS OF TRIUMPH

Final record of 18:14-3-1 from years 16-19, winning his last 10 straight and finishing with more than $5 million in earnings (7th all-time). Major wins included Victoria Derby and Australian Derby in Year 17, and all the major Australia races in Year 18 (Brisbane, Caulfield, Sydney, Melbourne). Won Brisbane, Caulfield and Sydney again in Year 19. Was South Pacific Horse of the Year twice, South Pacific Champion Older Male twice and Australian Champion 3 Year Old Colt. Progeny earned just over $20 million.

ANDRE
Retired at end of Year 32, in which he was the Arc champion. Also won London and Irish Derbies at 3, the Desert Turf Classic and Worldwide Stakes at 4 and the Desert Turf again at 5, finishing with a 21: 16-2-2 record. No. 5 in all-time earnings at more than $5.5 million. Was European Champion Older Male, Asian Champion Older Male and European Champion Three Year Old Male. Progeny have earned more than $27 million to date.

ELYSIAN PARK
Retired at end of Year 33 which I believe makes him eligible. Year 33 Arc champion, No. 4 in all-time earnings (almost $5.7 million). Won Aussie turf triple crown (Sydney, Cox, Melbourne ... not sure if this is actually a thing but it should be!) and Desert Turf Classic. Final record 21: 15-0-4. Was European Horse of the Year, European Champion Older Male and South Pacific Champion Older Male. Progeny have earned almost $15 million to date.

NOTABLE DANCER
No. 2 turf router in all-time earnings (almost $9 million), 14: 11-3-0 record, wins in Japan Cup (twice) and Irish Champion Stakes. Was European Champion Two Year Old Colt.

DREAMS IN FLAMES
No. 3 turf router in all-time earnings ($7.3 million), Year 14 Arc champion, also won Epsom Derby and Japan Cup. Final record was 18: 11-6-1.

Edit: Those all-time earnings rankings are specific to turf route males. Sorry for any confusion.
Last edited by Dan Kauffman 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

What are the timing rules for broodmares. Is is still simply retired for 10 years or is it instead pensioned for 10 years?
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Just retired - that should give about 6 horses on the racetrack at least to prove their mettle.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I have to nominate my own horse King of Kindness 17:16-1-0 winner of the sc dirt mile, desert mile, derby mile and Lexington futurity among his grade 1 wins and 15 stakes wins in total including those and finished second in the sc dirt mile at age 4
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I think Right Hand Man deserves to be in the HoF. SC winner, 15-for-20 lifetime, dual Simmy champion -- but, more importantly, inarguably one of the most influential turf sprint sires ever, siring eight millionaires and a ridiculous 26% stakes winners.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Kris Bobby
Classic Contender

Post by Kris Bobby »

I'd like to mention the dirt sprinters Look Close and Quicker Than Light. Very similar undefeated careers. Look Close was a more accomplished stallion. My QTL had 6 Gr 1 wins including ending his career with 4 in a row. Both deserving IMO.
RELAX, it's Just a Game
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I'd like to nominate my own - Paint Mare: Sneaky Indian & TB Mare: Steel Toe Boots. Though I see Sneaky has a better chance imo because she is sorta a foundation of the Paint routers. I could be talking stupid here though but through her sons and grandsons she's improved the routers. I don't have much to say about Steel. She's had some nice babies but thats about all.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Neverinthemiddle - Paint female, she earned 400k on the track, won two Steward's Cup races and won a SIMMY award at three. Only placed off the board three times in 17 starts, two of which were in her 4yo season where she made it clear she had past her prime.

Concannon - Thoroughbred male, earned over $1.2 million on the track winning 11 of his 15 starts, only finished off the board once, a fourth in the Steward's Cup Turf Dash, sire of $1.6 million earner Silent Shocker. Not the best nominee for this spot, but I like him :) Maybe one of these days I'll learn his name is Concannon not cancun, don't ask, but I mix those names up.

Shrouded In Myst - Thoroughbred male, great Steeplechaser back in the day, still holds the record for 3.5 miles over fences with a time of 7:01.20. Runner up in two Steward's Cup Steeplechases before finally winning in his final year of racing. Only finished off the board once in his 17 races over fences. Won $1.4 million on the track.

Samri - Arabian male, honestly, just look at his foals!!! Sire of some of the greats including Kalri and Tobu. Wasn't a bad racehorse ether, finished first or second in 10 of his 11 starts, the exception being a 5th in a G1. Grade 1 stakes winner, earned 187k.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I nominate Thin Lizzy for Quarter Horse Male.

This now 21 year old gelding accumulated a career of 46: 18-16-5 - $1,087,480 back in Y24-Y31, all in 870Yd races which is pretty darn impressive since that is the unloved stepchild of Quarter Horse racing. He was also named SIMMY Older Quarter Horse Male twice and won the SC Quarters Classic twice.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

How on Earth is Mirror not in the Hall of Fame as a broodmare? Dam of 8 foals, all millionaires at least once over, including Saga, Braveheart, the great sprinter Era and miler Icon, and the multimillionaire Loki Reflection, whose foals include WHITNEY, Spark (two-time champion and dam of Anvil, Hammer, etc), Pristine, Image, Take the Fall, etc. Both the aforementioned Mirror and her daughter Loki Reflection would be top candidates for me for that broodmare spot!

I'd also like to second nominations for Andre, Elysian Park, King of Kindness and Right Hand Man. All four are definitely deserving.

Annnd for consideration:

Messiah - winner of 11 of 15, $5,705,000, never off the board, Champion 3yo, Older Male and HOTY; he took home some of the biggest trophies in the sport, including the Steward's Cup Classic, Long Island Classic, Midsummer Classic and Brooklyn MILE. Further, he has been an insanely influential sire, with earners of almost $53 million to date.

Clearly Best - for either Thoroughbred female OR broodmare - Twice Champion Older Female, winner of 12 of 19 and $2,188,300; won Steward's Cup Ladies Route twice, Cadeauje Stakes twice, Rages to Riches Stakes, Long Island Acorn, etc. As a broodmare, produced 13 foals, all winners, including $5m earner Rambling; HOTY, twice Champion Older Female, and Steward's Cup Classic winner Amber, multiple classic winner Imperious, champion Valiantly, multimillionaire Vortex, and several other multiple graded stakes winners. Female family continues to be very strong today, too!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Thoroughbred male

Performing Tricks - Won over 1.6 million on the track had 2 on the board Steward's Cup finishes and 4 grade 1 victories. However, his real legacy was as a sire. He sired 11 millionaires, is the grand sire of 16 millionaires, and the dam sire of 5 millionaires.

Broodmare/Thoroughbred mare

Such Trickery - have to have one biased/my own horse pick. But she was an impressive mare with a record of 13: 10-1-2, her victories include the French and Irish 1,000 Guineas, Grand Victory Stakes, Inglewood Mile and Steward's Cup Filly & Mare Turf Mile. She additionally had a 2nd in the Steward's Cup at a 3yo. She won Simmy's as European's Champion 3yo filly and North American Turf Female. As a broodmare she produced 3 millionaires (Opening Trick, Dr. Stawickery & Guniea Saurus Rex). Opening Trick won her own Steward's Cup and Dr. Stawickery & Guinea both had 2nd place finishes. The two boys have sired multiple stakes winners as stallions including millionaire Do No Harm and Opening Trick produced a millionaire daughter. While those are her top 3 offspring she also birthed Los Campeones Juvenile Fillies winner (and earner of a little over 1/2 a million) Goldi.

Paint male
Shockfly - won two Steward's Cup races, and just about every paint Simmy there is. Went on to become an amazing sire with 70 stakes winners, including 3 on the list of top 50 paints by all time points.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*