Trotter Broodie of the Year

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Who should be this year's Trotter Broodie of the Year?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

A Reprieve
No votes
Boys Think I'm Hot
11%
Forty Ounces
47%
Make Me Cash
No votes
Whatchadoinlater
37%
You Will be Glad
5%

Total votes: 19

Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Trotter Broodie of the Year

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

t's that time of year again, and this week I will be going through to find the mares that qualified for this year's poll, meaning they produced more than one stakes winner for the year.

Previous winners (for info):
Year 42: You Will Be Glad (Doug Kidwell)
Year 41: Assets (Brianna MacKenzie)
Year 40 - Dainty (Gigi Gofaster)
Year 39 - Smooth Hoperator (Angus McClab)
Year 38 - Looks Can Kill (Franky Dam)
Year 37 - Bank (Brianna McKenzie)
Year 36 - Free Brunch (Patrick O Malley)
Year 35 - Tease Me (Patrick O Malley)
Year 34 - Honey Fox (Fogell McLovin)

Winner gets a shiny new headshot!!!

Here are this year's eligible nominees, in no particular order:

Whatchadoinlater: Brianna's mare is out of Gastley, one of my perosnal faves, so it's a family I love. She had 3yo Whatchadointonigh with 3 stakes wins and Kissandkeepsecrets, a 2yo who knocked it out of the park with 2 stales wins before taking the juvenile fillies cup race.

You Will Be Glad, last year's winner, is back again for Doug Kidwell. She had new stud and millionaire 6yo Type O Negative, who was on fire this year with 6 stakes wins including the Emotonian Maturity and the Cup. 5yo Among the living might become another stud for her, with 2 stakes win this year.

Forty Ounces: Abe Froman bred this mare, but she's with Lucas Davenport, and she was a runner up int he last two years. This year she had rwo stakes winners - 9yo To Freedom just kept getting better and better, with 2 stakes wins (one a G1), OTB in the cup, and breaking the million dollar mark. I hope we see him kept going for another year! Forty Odd is a 5yo, and also crossed the million dollar mark, with 5 stakes wins including the cup distaff.

A Reprieve is a new one on this list for Laura Cameron. Her 3 yo Rebound won a grade 1 in Belgium, but her 2 yo, A Postponement, was her real star with 2 stakes wins and 4th in the cup.

Boys Think I'm Hot is a half sister to You Will Be glad, so that's quite a family Doug Kidwell has in his barn. Her 8yo BYOB just keeps winning, this year dominating the Belgian circuit with 4 stakes wins including 2 grade ones. Her 3yo filly Breathing New Life finished the year with a stakes win to get her on this list.

Make Me Cash gets on the list for Louise Bayou. 3yo Cash Creek grabbed a stakes win at the end of the year, and 2yo Roll The Quarters won one stakes race to get this broodmare off to a very promising start.

feel free to promote your mares - there is a headshot up for grabs!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Trotter Broodie of the Year

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

some trivia...

Boys Think I'm Hot was a runner up back in year 39. Gastley, dam of Whatchadoinlater was a runner up that year too. Cool!

Sire of the most stakes winners? Quarter Hog (19), Fighting Irish (13), and Made of Awesome (11). Same top three as last year.

There were 19 stakes winning times under 1:54.00 (10 more than last year!), from 13 different horses (more than double last year). Fastest was 1:53.77 from BYOB (a son of Quarter Hog out of nominee Boys Think I'm Hot). In case you were wondering, Cash Call holds the record with 1:53.60 from year 26.

115 individual broodies produced at least one stakes winner.

20 horses won three or more stakes races:
6 (WOW): Type O Negative
5: Diamond Blade, Smirkavia, Forty Odd
4: BYOB, Zarine, Biorhythm
3: Up For The Gold, Kissandkeepsecret, Whatchadointonigh, Girl Fighter, Vodka Eyes, Vision of Ghosts, Devon Scary Man, Freight Plan, Quarter Owns Cash, Happy dagger, Devon Special Guy, Dark Dreamz, Last Rights
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

and a couple more:
breeder of the most individual stakes winners? 12 for me (gIgi), followed by Geir Larsen (11) and Tom Lin and Doug Kidwell (7 each)
trainer of the most individual stakes winners? 13 for me, 10 for Geir Larsen, 8 for Tom Lin

If I have time I'll dig around for some more fun facts...
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Just voted for Forty Ounces, to throw it into a tie currently. As runner up last two years she ought to at least get a couple sympathy votes! But besides that: there is an allowance filly out of Forty Ounces in my current auction, with a current bid of 12K? I do select horses for my auctions without regard to their lines, but 12K......... Don't sleep on that one. Best, Lucas.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

little bump, closes Tuesday!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

closes tonight - and votes are close!
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Thanks for posting some of the facts. It's fun to read them :)
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

And the winner is...Forty Ounces!

Give me until a payday and I'll get the headshot ordered. Congrats to a great mare!
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Gigi, thank you for all your efforts; and to those who voted for her! Just bred her for this year to Royalty For Life (A) and she survived. Best to all, Lucas.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.