Hall of Fame Poll

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Should we?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

Vote every year - who cares how many get in!
76%
Vote every other year - it will eventually sort itself out!
24%

Total votes: 58

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame Poll

Post by The Steward »

We used to induct a horse and person every year. Then "people" (you know who you are!) said there were too many horses getting in, so we went to every other year. I would be more than happy to do it every year again!

But know this: we aren't ever UN-INDUCTING a horse just because better horses may or may not exist now. That's like kicking a horse out from 1929 just because American Pharoah ended up existing which is silly. At the time, people thought the horse was relevant, so even if you feel otherwise, you don't get to change the past.

Vote below!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Re: Hall of Fame Poll

Post by Ara Davies »

Um excuse me Clyde Van Dusen is very important and I will fight anyone who disses him

Actually I doubt he is in the Hall of Fame but I thought the fact that I instantly came up with a horse from 1929 without having to check was funny okay carry on
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Not only do I think we should be voting every year, I think more TBs should be getting in every year.
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Ara Davies wrote:Um excuse me Clyde Van Dusen is very important and I will fight anyone who disses him
Right Turn, Clyde

Actually I guess if Clyde had turned right he wouldn't have won the derby.

Nevermind, carry on...
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

How about horse every year and people every other year. (since there are more horses than people in the game)
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Scott Durham
Two Year Old

Post by Scott Durham »

I think the current horses must have their different voting horses 10 years ago, are different times, a vote for the old horses, and others to the current horses, for example, vote for Maelstorm, I think that winning the triple, and several millionaires have children qualify him to enter this year, losing merits the oldest horses, why every vote must be according to the time of the horses.

about people, I think there are very few who are about to enter the room, and even new players are not eligible to enter, it can be every year if there are qualified for the ballot
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I agree with Danny, if we look at the numbers of stakes winners that are retired for each breed... of course this isn't even just the ones retired 10yr+

Appaloosa: 848
Arabian: 456
Paint: 818
Quarter Horse: 1,243
Pacer: 478
Trotter: 494
Thoroughbred (can't divide out the Chasers, sorry): over 10,000

So... it seems like you have a greater chance of getting into the HoF with a mixer compared to a TB. Though I am surprised that there are so many Appaloosa stakes winners compared to the other mixers minus QHs!

Of course, I am mostly wanting an AW category because I will be spitting fire if Happy Snowman never makes the Hall of Fame with being 18 of 18 undefeated stakes winner, 3 x SC winner, $1.7 mil, race record time setter, 2 x AW Horse of the Year because he is an AW horse because someone's 3 x G1 or something dirt router has to be in there instead.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I'm not going to vote, because I don't think the options are that great, particularly when there are so many better ideas mentioned here and in the previous post. I really like:

1) Horses every year, people every other year
2) More TB entries per year compared to mixers (suggested 3:1)
3) Automated system based on merits, but obviously will need separate "rules" for mixers, chasers and TBs

It might even be beneficial, if we're allowing more TB entries per year, to "catch up" using two TB categories: "Recent" entries, or those under say 17 yrs, and "Yesteryear" entries, or those over 20 yrs. That way we can still get the new nominations (Maelstrom) while getting in older, neglected nominations (Right Hand Man, etc.)
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Also Nena, you do realize Happy won't be up for eligibility until Y50, right? ;)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:Also Nena, you do realize Happy won't be up for eligibility until Y50, right? ;)
Yes! But it will be like Y500 before he gets nominated, in at this rate lmao. Anyway, hall of fame makes me head hurt.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Nena Olson wrote:
Madelene Gilbert wrote:Also Nena, you do realize Happy won't be up for eligibility until Y50, right? ;)
Yes! But it will be like Y500 before he gets nominated, in at this rate lmao
Thus begins the start of the five year long campaign to get Happy nominated. LOL
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I'd support the following.

Annual inductions.
Remove Male/Female categories entirely.

2 of each mixer breed get in each year. These would be the top two vote getters, regardless of gender.
AW becomes a mixer type category for voting purposes.
6 TB get in each year. These would be the top 6 vote getters, once again regardless of gender.
Broodmare and Trainer voting remains the same, except annual.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I like that but I dont think that makes the chaser/aw people happy cus everyone will vote for the dirt routers still :P Maybe only 2 of those 6 can be dirt routers LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I am all in for voting every year, and possibly expanding the Thoroughbreds. Kismet not being in the Hall of Fame is a crime, as well as horses like Right Hand Man, Mirror and Andre. There are dozens of deserving horses "from yesteryear" that haven't made it in yet under the current system, and plenty more "from today" that are at the Hall of Fame level that make us forget about the former, which I don't think should happen.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Given the options, horse vote every year, owner vote every other year.

I am intrigued by an automated system based on horses meeting a set criteria, but I also think agreeing on the criteria could be quite a challenge, not to mention setting up different criteria for each division.

I think at least one horse per year should get in for each of these areas:

Thoroughbred dirt route
Thoroughbred dirt mile
Thoroughbred dirt sprint
Thoroughbred turf route
Thoroughbred turf mile
Thoroughbred turf sprint
Thoroughbred AW (not sure if there's enough AW to do one at each sub-category, will let other more experienced AWERS chime in)
Thoroughbred steeplechaser
Thoroughbred bloodmare
Quarter Horse
Arabian
Appaloosa
Paint
Standardbred-Trotter
Standardbred-Pacer

I think at this point there's more than enough quality horses over 43 years (and growing) to make this happen without diluting quality much at all.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.