Super Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I've seen your painting of him or drawing or whatever it was - it wasn't far off.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Iron Heart
2.DkB.F
Glitterman - Kethry (All Or Nothing)
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=35243' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=35243</a>

4:2-1-0
Earnings: $69,780
Winner of: Clasico Dia de la Raza (G2)

Why:

Iron Heart is very, very special to me. Her dam, Kethry, was the only horse I bred Year 15, I consider her Yamikishi's "sister", even though they don't share any bloodlines, because those two were the only two year olds I had. She was named for a gentle lady mage from Mercedes Lackey's legendary Valdemar novels. Her whole time on the track she was overshadowed by better bred, better running horses, and my heart broke a little each time, considering Yami was doing so well. When she finally broke her maiden in a maiden claiming race then failed to hit the board in a NW2, I knew that if I wanted to keep her, I was going to have to breed her. I immediately retired her and used Yami's latest earnings to breed her to the late, great Glitterman. I named the foal for the character's horse, a stately dark bay mare bred to be fleet of foot, named Iron Heart. She turned out to be well named, for this Iron Heart has proved she was worth the stud fee. I very nearly cried when I saw she had won a stakes race this past Week 11, for that made her my first homebred stakes winner. I couldn't be prouder of her, or love her more. Though she still has a long way to go ahead of her, I already think she's the best thing to hit my barn since her "uncle" came to play. Thats why I think she should have a SIMage :)
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

The Steward wrote: I've seen your painting of him or drawing or whatever it was - it wasn't far off.
Oh. Sweet! :D
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I nominate my mare Spoof. Here's why she should get a headshot:

1. Her owner is a poor high school student with no allowance for various reasons
2. She's a dual G2 winner who finished second in the BC Distaff last year
3. She's chestnut and flashy with a pink nose so it'd be super cute as opposed to a plain bay horse! No offense to the markless out there. ;)
4. She's from the family of Mineshaft and the very pretty but very absent Fusaichi Samurai
5. She survived a bungled trip down to South America before I realized she wasn't a turf horse.
6. It's freaking Spoof. Her Spoofiest commands your vote.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=28663' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=28663</a>
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Contest is over!