Super Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

If Eric doesn't mind, I'm going to follow his lead and nominate a horse not my own, since I don't have any horses I can nominate.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=28243' target='_blank'>Test Your Strength</a>

He is a perfect seven for seven, including such distinguished races as the Golden Slipper, English 1000 Guineas, St. James's Palace Stakes, etc. He has traveled all over the world, from South Africa to Australia to Europe and still has won every one of his races by daylight and in very fast times. He must be considered one of the top milers in the world.

His pedigree is also very nice; his dam is a Grade 1 winner herself and a spectacular producer. Test of Passion is the dam of multiple Grade 1 stakes winner and champion Rise to the Test (who already has a pretty picture of her own; can't let his big sister get the best of him!), multiple graded stakes winner Test My Heart and multimillion dollar auction purchase Our Passion.

Erm...I'm also insanely curious about what he looks like. He's one of my favorite horses in the SIM right now. :)
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Katy Turner wrote: If Eric doesn't mind, I'm going to follow his lead and nominate a horse not my own, since I don't have any horses I can nominate.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=28243' target='_blank'>Test Your Strength</a>

He's one of my favorite horses in the SIM right now. :)
I love Test Your Strength! <3
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

FIJI NIGHTS!!! <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=8841' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=8841</a>

Fiji Nights is a daughter of undefeated champion Crystal Night, out of the blue hen Fiji. She had 11 STARTS, 11 WINS, 9 of those are stakes wins. 2 of those wins are back to back Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Turf wins. She even beat the boys in the Arlington Million. She's a 2 time simmy award winner. She was a monster on the track, and is a great mama too! She has 5 foals, 4 are racing age. Of those 4, 3 have started and won..stakes! Her 2 yr old has not started yet, but is showing amazing potential in her workouts. She had an amazing career on the trac,and is continuing her success as an amazing broodmare.

Fiji Nights is just soooo cute, she needs a simage!! She's 16.3 hands,bright copper chestnut with flaxen mane. She has a little jagged strip down her face, and also has 4 stockings, making her a very flashy, very gorgeous mare!
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

Of COURSE we all know who mine is :D

Left Behind!

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=18169' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=18169</a>

Lefty has a record of 17-6-3-1 and has done more for me than every other horse I've owned in my stable combined. The reason he is so special to me is that he was only the second or third horse I ever bought in the SIM, when I first started and had NO idea what I was doing. I decided to use some of my 50K on a horse on the sales page, and Left Behind allured me with his name, as I love the book series. He was being completely ignored and I won him at a bargain $4,000. He has now earned over $2 million for me. This has essentially enabled me to build my own farm and buy more horses and better stock (I was recently able to buy my first million dollar horse). I owe it all to him!

My biggest moment in the SIM came when Lefty won the Breeder's Cup Dirt Mile in his three year old year. He also took me to the Triple Crown trail and is on his way to his third Breeder's Cup running. He has also won the Gr. I Haskell, Gr. I Metropolitan Mile, Gr. II Forego and the Rushaway Stakes and finished second in the Arkansas Derby (Gr.I). My second happiest moment came on one night, several weeks ago, when I was feeling direly upset over life. I had been pointing for the Met Mile since Lefty was three but hadn't taken the right path at four so I took a shot this year, but felt he wouldn't do well against the mighty Empire. But lo and behold, at his best distance, a mile, he left Empire behind (no..pun intended!) and roared off to win that race.

Left Behind has done more for me than I could ever imagine and I feel like he isn't done yet. I would LOVE to have a SIMage done of him so that everyone can see his great beauty and tapered blaze! :D

PS...You guys rock, k?
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

LaDonna King wrote: FIJI NIGHTS!!! <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=8841' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=8841</a>

Fiji Nights is a daughter of undefeated champion Crystal Night, out of the blue hen Fiji. She had 11 STARTS, 11 WINS, 9 of those are stakes wins. 2 of those wins are back to back Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Turf wins. She even beat the boys in the Arlington Million. She's a 2 time simmy award winner. She was a monster on the track, and is a great mama too! She has 5 foals, 4 are racing age. Of those 4, 3 have started and won..stakes! Her 2 yr old has not started yet, but is showing amazing potential in her workouts. She had an amazing career on the trac,and is continuing her success as an amazing broodmare.

Fiji Nights is just soooo cute, she needs a simage!! She's 16.3 hands,bright copper chestnut with flaxen mane. She has a little jagged strip down her face, and also has 4 stockings, making her a very flashy, very gorgeous mare!
Really? How do you know this? :-D That's not what her notes say to me.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

The Steward wrote:
LaDonna King wrote: FIJI NIGHTS!!! <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=8841' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=8841</a>

Do you actually have things that tell you what markings/colors each horse has? :|

Because I already have drawn and imagined all of mine, especially Left Behind. LOL.
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Left Behind - $10,000
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

The Steward wrote:

haha, i know what all my babies look like!!! what do her notes say to you???
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yes, every horse has markings.

To find out what they are, buy a SIMage!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

The Steward wrote: Yes, every horse has markings.

hahaha, it'd cost me a large fortune to buy simages for 331 horses! i can only imagine the price tag to do all of daryl's, laura's or ronda's!!
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I am under 1000! It would be great to have access to those notes. Right now, all of mine look like an odd combo of zeros and ones. That is definitely not quite as cool as the SIMages.

-Daryl
Matty Dubs
Eclipse Champion

Post by Matty Dubs »

Do you also have notes on horse potential? So you check to see recently bred horses and go "ooo...he's got stud written all over him"? I know that would be the highlight for me if I were the Steward for a day.
This is where a creative signature would go.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yep, I see everything.

The problem is, I don't care anymore, so I don't bother to look! What I don't know I can't tell people.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

The Steward wrote: Yep, I see everything.

The problem is, I don't care anymore, so I don't bother to look! What I don't know I can't tell people.
:( that's really sad....now i'm depressed(that you don't care anymore)
Laura Pony
Sprinter

Post by Laura Pony »

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=20611' target='_blank'>Right Hand Man</a>

18 : 13 - 3 - 1
$1,751,000

"Righty" has been my best horse by far in the five years that I've played the SIM. I really wanted to come back to the game with a fresh start and I wanted to start to make a name for my barn. I bought him once the game returned after its hiatus at the auction. I remember being super disappointed that I couldn't afford one of the more expensive horses at the auction because I thought they'd be the ones who'd be winners. Righty certainly didn't stand out as much of anything to me, just a possible allowance winner. Well, I got a multiple stakes winner for $2,500!

I'm just so proud of this horse, he's done everything I've asked him to do. He's never finished worse than third with the exception of me placing him in a mile race and asking him to go too far, where he was fifth. Righty's really made my whole stable. I wouldn't have been able to breed to the stallions I have or buy nice horses at auctions without the money he's brought in. He's just amazing and has won by huge margins, winning by as many as ten lengths and blowing away the field. He's beat top horses like Whileaworldsleeps, Stage Magic, and Y Are U Here. The only race he hasn't won is the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint and I'm really hoping he pulls off a win this time.

I'm dreading the moment when I have to click the "Retire This Horse" button for Righty. I was really hoping to race him an other year, but why should I make a horse that's done so much for me run more races just for money? He certainly deserves a nice retirement and lots of mares! He's seemed so real to me since I bought him, and a SIMage would make him really come to life.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

The Steward wrote: Yes, every horse has markings.

Okay that sucks since I have a very firm image in my mind of what Left Behind looks like. :|
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Left Behind - $10,000